Dragoncrest Cliffs Gleypa
"If you mess with my family, you mess with me"
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo lashed out at the bear again, catching his claws on its upper front leg. But he was very close to its mouth, and the stinging that came with his strike led the bear to turn its attention to him. It lunged down and grabbed him in its jaw, digging its fangs into his sides, deep. Theo yelped and squirmed around, trying to thrash his way out of the jaw, and managed to hit the bear with his head in its own jaw, causing it to drop him. 

Despite bleeding from both sides badly, and very weak, Theo held his ground. He would not back down. The adrenaline kept him going, despite his feet being shaky. He barked, yapped, and growled at the bear while trying to strike it more and more.
SIGNATURE
Loves his family. Very sweet boy but can get really defensive and protective over his loved ones. Very caring but also an ambitious hunter and fighter.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: swearing, gore, last for me
swinging;
blood filling her mouth;
erzulie and her kin fought with tooth and nail and claw;
fuck you fuck you soul screaming for SOBO and the — cost
erzulie, mouth welling with scarlet as she skinned a long strip from the bear's chest, slashing tissue and scarlet and flesh in hate and loathing;
bear claws flashing in knife-set paws, the snarling and roars of those around her. inhaling, inhaling, breath raking her lungs even as giant sword-shaped paws swept her away with a cutting blow, spiraling, spiraling in an arc of scarlet and rage and resolution, to strike the ground with full force and skid some sixteen feet.
and i shall live with the ancestors!
erzulie did not know that her wife pursued. she spun through crimson worlds until she lay against the sand rent and with entrails leaking dark red into her beloved sand.
choking as stomach lining gave way to the sharp white seed, dissolving into anguish and scarlet-stained throat;
chacal mireille sobo rosalyn jorunn.
erzulie lay in a mass of twitching foam, reaching with trembling extremities for daughter and lover and grandchild alike. the poison spiked white-hot inside erzulie and tore breath from her lungs, words for the last of them.
mismatched eyes glazing, sundering; body twitching;
the end was swift.
bury my son with me
erzulie, teeth clenched, eyes staring, foam-flecked, nostrils grinding out her last.
318 Posts
Ooc —
last from me here <3 feel free to pp as wanted

swinging, swung.

something connected with her and it felt like all the air was gone! snapped out of her in an instant. she saw nothing in the moments that followed. met the earth with a darkness.

perhaps it was best that she did not see things now.

that she did not see one lover take off after the beast.

that she did not see another lover lay in death upon the sands.

she was breathing. her whole body would ache in the days and perhaps weeks to come. for now she could find a slice of peace in the chaos in her forced slumber.
something is pulling me;
i feel the gravity
of it all
40 Posts
Ooc — Van
There was a moment of triumph for Wing, as the bear roared in agony and confusion, as the teeth of many wolves sunk firmly into its flesh and fur, and its blood flowed in the same fury with which it had been drawn.

Then there was only the feeling of being wrenched from the bear’s hind leg with such force that it left her breathless, weightless, senseless. The girl was flung aside like spittle from the dewlap of a beastly dog. Her battered body skidded to a halt, not far, and instinctively she jumped back to her feet with a snarl, spry and prepared to rejoin the fray.

But there was something like a lick of lightning catching her in place – a sharp, torturous pain. It radiated from her right hip, up towards her spine, and Wing turned to discover the source for the hitch in her step. The sight of the slashes didn’t register as meaningful to her wild eyes. She stumbled forward, yelping as the injury prevented her from giving chase to the now fleeing bear.

Blood warmed her hind leg. She felt a rush of dizziness as she tried to focus on something, anything in the chaotic aftermath. The image of Erzulie’s shattered body in the distance filled her mind, swelling to the edges of her thoughts until she could see nothing else.

Wing buckled from shock and bloodloss. Her hindquarters sagged to the ground, while she kept the front half of her body pressed upwards, racing with adrenaline, still prepared to fight. She panted, staring blankly towards the too-still ruby.
Sapphique
Sandstone
hold the dark
156 Posts
Ooc — Van
linn is here to help with injuries -- namely wing's. if the thread ends before another round, it can be assumed that once everyone is settled, he does not stay within sapphique's borders. leadership: lmk if these assumptions are not okay.

In an attempt to keep his distance while tracking the murderous bear from the sound, Svalinn arrived too late to assist in the fight. The bear was fleeing just as he arrived, and the goldsaber would have given chase had he not first seen the unconscious body of Val sprawled along the border.

He was upon the darkwater wolf in an instant, attempting to rouse him with a firm push of his muzzle. Val! Nothing. Nothing except the faint rise and fall of his ruffled, lean chest. He felt an iota of relief that was quickly dashed away at the tragic sight of Erzulie: torn, bloodied… dead.

Erzulie? he croaked.

Stunned and speechless, Svalinn gravitated closer to her, his nose extended towards her sullied fur, but the smell of something repellant forced his head back in surprise. Poison? It would not have mattered, not with her injuries. He didn’t understand, feeling a balloon of sorrow swell inside his stomach, threatening to make him vomit and die right there on the spot.

He did neither, turning his attention instead to those that still lived. His eyes met the glazed-over look of a white she-wolf, propped up like a broken mannequin and bleeding profusely from her side. He was at her side before making the decision to do so, and she bared her teeth at him in warning. Easy, he huffed. Let me just take a look at you.

Allowed nearer, he took a whiff of the girl’s wound and smelled the sting of transferred poison there too. He tried not to look too alarmed, for her sake. What’s your name?

“Ch-Cherub’s Wing…”

Okay… d’you mind if I call you Wing? The girl nodded numbly. Okay, Wing. We need to get you to the sea immediately. Your wound needs to be washed with saltwater. He spoke gently, but the urgency of the matter could not be mistaken. He turned to call out to any wolf that was not downed. We need to help Wing get to the shore, now. Can anyone show me the quickest way?
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
739 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Anguished cries. Breaths taken, shock holding voices at bay. None answered her. She could hear wolves, but not being able to see them was making her useless. 

She plunged her face again and again into the snow so she might have a chance at clearing the blood from her vision. Hazily, she could pick out others. Val, lying still; Wing panting, she’ll-shocked. Theo injured, but breathing still. Jorunn prone, but breathing. And then- 

To Erzulie, whose motions had fallen still. The choking sounds she’d heard had been her mother’s final breath. She moved to her mother’s side, and gazed with tear-filled eyes into her mother’s glazed over expression. She lay beside her mother, and moaned. 

An unfamiliar wolf approached- one with a golden pelt, who knew Val’s name, and Erzulie’s too. She stiffened and growled softly at him but in her battle-wearied state, she did not have the energy to chase him out of spite. Not when he was offering help. She stood vigilantly beside Erzulie. 

She watched him with a skeptical eye.  ”Who are you?” she croaked, a rumble in her voice.
"If you mess with my family, you mess with me"
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo saw the bear get chased off. He saw all the dead too. His vision was fuzzy, his ears ringing, and his body numb from pain and blood loss. It was all he could do to stumble over towards his mother and the healer man before his legs buckled and he blacked out, heavily bleeding from the deep bite marks on his sides, his first real wounds ever.

last from me, can assume he gets healed
SIGNATURE
Loves his family. Very sweet boy but can get really defensive and protective over his loved ones. Very caring but also an ambitious hunter and fighter.
Sapphique
Sandstone
hold the dark
156 Posts
Ooc — Van
Svalinn looked up from Wing, knowing that he was the one addressed, the odd man out. The she-wolf who spoke bore a gold capelet and a face streaked with glistening blood; her golden eyes filled with apprehension and grief.

Svalinn, he called back to her. There was little time for small talk, considering all the knocked-out wolves around them, and they all needed immediate treatment, some more than others. The stench of poison seemed to come from all angles. Val is my nephew. He tipped his head towards the unconscious black wolf. And Erzulie… He couldn’t bring himself to speak of her, because it would be in the past-tense.

The raybearer shook his head. Look, I’m here to do what I can. But Wing may have gotten some poison in her wound. She needs the sea, right away.
something is pulling me;
i feel the gravity
of it all
40 Posts
Ooc — Van
Poison? In my wound?!

Wing appeared to become unearthed from the feeling of being buried alive under the weight of all that had taken place in just a few minutes of pandemonium. She looked alarmed, her mis-matched eyes going wide with helplessness as she looked between the blood-faced Chacal and the only uninjured wolf on the scene standing at her side.

W-Will I lose my leg? Am, am I going to die?

Svalinn snorted beside her, negative in connotation. He had not wanted to alarm her by mentioning the poison, but it seemed necessary at this point, and it pulled Wing somewhat out of her stupefied state. She tried to pull her hind legs up, stumbling as she tried to put herself upright.

last post on wing, i'll just pp her with linn.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
739 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
She wanted to tend to her family; to mourn her mother, and to cleanse the poison from her fur so that she could gather her loved ones who lay sprawled and scattered, and hold them close, dead and alive alike- but this stranger had intruded. She detested him for his intrusion, and for being just another man who did nothing. Her vision was still tinted rose from the blood that turned her eyes dark but she saw him only as a stranger to her. 

When he spoke, she tilted her head back and grimaced, her bloody teeth gleaming. His claim to Val seemed....Impossible. Valravn was her brother, and her mothers had never mentioned having brothers of their own. If a wolf was not mentioned, then it meant that they did not deserve being mentioned. She uttered a soft growl when he mentioned her mother's name. She looked to him, then, as if searching for some form of recognition, and was immediately seized by a strong sensation of déja vu. The bloodloss made her lips feel cold, and she felt herself growing dizzy. All of this- she'd seen it before. Long ago, in a time where she had been just a child. Her eyes drifted to Valravn, who lay prone. 

She was called back to reality when he insisted that Wing needed care. Selfishly, she wanted to care for them all herself; and ruefully, she considered demanding that he tend to her family first. 

She heard fear in Wing's voice. She would deny the brave young woman the attention, and she seemed willing to be cared for. If she got poison in her system...It would make her the casualty of friendly fire. Chacal did her best to keep herself upright; wavering, but not willing to succumb to the darkness that crept into the corners of her vision. 

She had to think fast. She did not want to reveal the pack's secret tunnel to the stranger, whether or not he was related to her. His relationship with Valravn was nothing more than claim- and her mother was no longer alive to vouch for him. Valravn was unconscious. Wing needed to be cleansed, as did she- and she knew that they could not spoil the lake with the toxins in their fur so they would have to go to the seaside. If only she had one more packmate there, conscious, to help. She feared leaving Valravn, Theo and Jorunn here, unconscious, with a stranger. It would have been the easiest route to take- if she'd taken Wing to the seaside with her, and left them in Svalinn's care- but she couldn't bring herself to abandon them. 

Accepting help from a stranger was nearly impossible, but her hand was forced. 

"To de West, an' t'rough de meadow. Dere be a tunnel, down to de shore." She said. "Take her dere, an' wash her fur." She said.

She still felt the impulse to cleanse her mother's fur; to allow herself to slip to the ground and fall asleep beside Erzulie, so that she might not have to live in a world without her...But not far away her son lay, breathing. She left her mother's side, so she might watch over Theo, knowing that her mother would understand why she had to abandon her vigil. She would stand watch over the three fallen warriors until they were well enough to move inland. 

And with the bitter aching of grief seeping into her veins, she gave her mother one last kiss- willing to accept the consequences, though they would not come for her. With aching paws she scraped a grave, and as lovingly as she could, she put Erzulie to rest in the frostbitten earth.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Sapphique
Sandstone
hold the dark
156 Posts
Ooc — Van
last from me!

Svalinn watched as a war was waged behind those blood-spectacled, ambergris eyes. She fought to trust him, fought to allow herself the help. But, at last, she relented, knowing that she could not both tend to the unconscious and see her packmate down to the beach.

Svalinn nodded at her instruction, leaning into Wing’s weakened side in an effort to prop her up. He said nothing further, lest their tentative agreement be shattered by his voice, but he knew that after this one was settled, he would return in an attempt to help the black-and-gold wolf gather those that were still alive and drag them from this dreadful battleground.

As for the dead, she would be allowed to mourn them in peace.

The raybearer cleared his thoughts of anything other than the way to the shoreline, and he slowly disappeared through the treeline with Sapphique’s injured granite clutched to him.