Ouroboros Spine Tauttuk
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
Not necessarily a joining thread but he would like to know more about the village! Maybe @Kukutux? <3

The white hunter had chased prey through the neighboring territories until he had grown to know their paths. The land was vast and teeming with life. It would be difficult to leave, if he decided that his path must be forged elsewhere. Until that time, Kannoyak sought to know more about the villages that made those lands their hunting grounds.

Padding along the border of Moonglow, the white man lifted his plum stare to the beauty of their home. It was simple and protected by the natural rise and fall of the land. The mountains that grew to the south were a sight to behold.

Kannoyak howled quietly for any who might meet him upon their border.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
<333

the man's voice was quiet.

deerskin wrapped her shoulders. kukutux went silently to the call. this man felt familiar though she had not seen him before.

"i am moonwoman of moonglow. what do you seek, hunter?" she asked, voice lifting in a plume of steam, green eyes filled with wondering.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
A pale white woman appeared with furs upon her back. Her eyes gleamed upon him with the colors of the trees in spring, bright and green. She was introduced as the Moonwoman of Moonglow. This was the mother of the hunter girl, the raindrop.

Moonwoman, he echoed with a respectful bow of his head.

Plum eyes searched her features. The white hunter was curious. He thought that she was fairer than any woman he had seen before. It seemed fitting that such an intense daughter would come from this woman of the moon.

This one is called Kannoyak Sura, he introduced with a proud rumbling voice. The hunter was simple and did not know how to have in-depth conversations. This one comes to learn of your village.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
this kannoyak, he was easy at once to like!

cottongrass man; she felt it fit.

the dark twilight shadows of his eyes took her in. kukutux knew he was not a man who missed many things.

she was pleased to have him close. perhaps he might tempt a daughter of moonglow.

"we are a place of hunters and circles. this village has a circle of strong women. now my daughters have come of an age where i will be grandmother, and i will teach their children the stories i gave to them."
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Moonwoman spoke of her village with pride. They were a place of hunters and circles. He thought this was not unlike the little river village. It was good to know that there were likeminded wolves, even so far from the white hunting grounds.

When she spoke of her daughters, the pale hunter bowed his head.

This one has spoken with your daughter, raindrop. A fine hunter woman. She wears hawk eyes, Kannoyak told her. He wondered if Sialuk had learned her dancing story from her mother. He wondered then how many other stories she might have known. Would she tell them upon the mountain?

Would you share one of your stories?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
the mention of sialuk brightened her eyes with a mother's knowing.

it bode well that this strong man of her north had caught the eyes of her raindrop.

"aya, sialuk is ulloriaq woman," kukutux said in pride. 

kannoyak asked for a story. her small white teeth flashed in a grin. "what will this man give in return for a story of moonwoman?" she asked, trader's lore for a hunter she already enjoyed.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Kannoyak might have disagreed with the Moonwoman, if he had been a man of many words.

Sialuk was not a star. She was a cold drop of water that fell from the heavens – clear and shimmering and necessary. Stars were distant things, glittering from faraway places without any impact on the land over which they hung. To the white man, Sialuk would never be a star. She had been too kind to him. She had given him a dance and a flower.

It made him wonder why this one wished to be called Moonwoman. Was she also distant from her people?

This one will hunt the swift pheasant, in exchange. Three birds for a story by the Moonwoman. Is this agreeable?

Pheasant was a tricky creature to chase, but it offered great reward to the patient hunter who tried.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
had kuktuux heard the great passion that kannoyak had in his heart for sialuk, she would have told him to walk to the mountain quickly.

kannoyak offered a hunt. moonwoman brightened with a nod. "this is agreeable. will this man allow this woman to come with him?" she said quickly, averting her eyes and settling into the deferential position that her people had been taught to give men.

eyes shielded beneath lashes; kukutux felt the warm familiarity slip over her.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Yes. Without question.

Kannoyak was a simple man. Their leader of the little river village had never spoken to him. He had never known the grace of such a powerful gaze. The Moonwoman was enchanting and disarming. The white hunter had never been met with a spirit like this.

The forest beside the Moonglow village is alive with prey.

Would she go with him at once?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she would. kukutux fell into easy step with kannoyak.

she pulled the deerskin more snugly around her slim shoulders and inclined her head toward him.

"will you tell me of your name? how it was chosen." she said it aloud, rolling the syllables with delight. the trees were dark, inviting.

her greenstone eyes flickered with new energy, to be hunter outside moonglow.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
My father is pathmaker from faraway village. He is called man with deep voice. When he arrived in the little river village, he married my mother. He spoke of his home often. Man with deep voice told stories of the cottongrass, of the green stalks shooting up with white heads. I was named for this.

Kannoyak missed his father and mother. The memory of them swirled in his mind. The white hunter had never yearned for his homeland with such ferocity. It was foreign to him and so he offered his spirit a moment of quiet so that he might guide it back to peace.

Will you tell me how you became the Moonwoman? What meaning does it have for the woman with knowing eyes?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
man with deep voice had named his son for the soft cotton grasses.

she could hear this voice somehow, and her eyes danced with it. how many things did kannoyak carry with him? kukutux had brought much of her people and their ways to the teekon. now it grew beyond her.

but the fellowship of another north-wolf would always do a beautiful thing for her spirit.

woman with knowing eyes. kukutux blushed almost like a girl, her gaze dropping demure once more. "i am named for ducks hiding in soft snow. but moonwoman. it has been mine for so long i cannot remember. when the mountain moonspear was hurt by a falling star, i waited for my husband and my son to come down. for nine nights sialuk and i sang the death songs."

her eyes were wet now. "in those nights, the moon came to me and looked down upon me and upon sialuk. it became a part of my spirit."
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Kannoyak listened but did not speak.

The woman had lost a husband and son. His heart weighed heavy in his chest to imagine such a loss. Sialuk had experienced this loss, as well. The white hunter man thought it a tragedy. He was impressed that these women had created something so beautiful from these deaths. Kannoyak understood why the mountain was so important to the raindrop girl.

There is strength in you.

The man’s plum eyes shifted to her.

It was difficult to imagine a life lived on the mountain. He had only known the little river village. It made his heart sick to think of a different life, one that was not his own. The Moonwoman had strength because of the life she had lived. Kannoyak wondered what he might have that he carried around with him.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"i must be strong. i am a woman."

it was a gentle tease. it was a firm truth. men bore guardianship and the wounds of protection.

women bore the pain of childbirth.

in this they were equal.

"the same is in you, kannoyak."
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
We could fade and have a new one? <3

The man rumbled in agreement.

Is Moonwoman ready to hunt the pheasant? he asked her. There was fire in the deep purple of his eyes. Kannoyak felt envy for the man who had married this pale treasure. She was beautiful, like the snow. She was wise and willful. The white hunter believed she was ideal as a wife. It did not surprise him that his stomach would be stirred by her daughter.

How fast are your paws on the snow? Kannoyak’s stoic features shifted to something playful. He could see the small footprints of the little birds on the white hunting path.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,102 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
lets! <3

"faster than the cottongrass hunter!" kukutux laughed, and to demonstrate she broke into a run.

a challenge for kannoyak.

it was good to dance such with a handsome man of the north, though her heart belonged to aiolos and sakhmet. kukutux was happy to shed the titles of mother and moonwoman for a time.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I will make it very soon! <3

The woman issued a challenge with confidence on her voice.

Kannoyak laughed with the deep voice of his father. The white hunter’s eyes traced her figure as she jetted ahead of him. Fast, she was. The ground beneath her paws must have been sweeping beneath her.

There was little time to waste. The cottongrass man pursued the Moonwoman on swift hunter paws. In his eyes glinted a joyful light.