Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
Private 
the walk to the throne room was heavy.

tavina felt sick.

and yet she entered his throne room with aplomb, this king who had all but murdered the one closest to a daughter to the sesh herself.

"pharaoh. i come on behalf of nazli."
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
ramesses sat in state, examining a map in the red sand. he was not expecting company, much less the sesh. interest and concern shone in his eyes.
"for what reason?" nazli was much favored; he had considered bringing her back many times since the first, and now his lazuli eyes demanded an answer.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
"she is ill. i ask that she be — removed from her duties."

tavina did not want to elaborate. she stood beneath his knowing eyes and royalty and did not shirk, patience and anger simmering in her breast.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
a selfish resistance mounted itself in ramesses. "what is the nature of her illness?" he asked evenly. "i am in need of companionship. surely she has only eaten something sour?" pharaoh suggested in a tone that implied he would not easily part from nazli.
his paw flicked in annoyance.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
rage rose in tavina, searing whitely.

"she is a child, divine one," she said suddenly, stiffly, eyes snapping wildfire and wildflower. "she is — stressed from your expectations, sick in the morning —"

she shut her mouth but now nothing could take back those words.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
ramesses was ready to remind tavina that he owned all servants in the palace, but her next words carved him from marble.
he knew this.
the alabaster limbs carried him from throne to her ear; sharp teeth demanded, "speak plain, sesh."
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
the forever stoicism of her facade was as crumbling stone! tavina had misspoke and ramesses was on her.

the purple eyes were rife with a bloodletting hatred.

"you have what you want from nazli. let her go, ramesses," pleading beneath the rage.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
ramesses grew still and silent.
tavina did not move him to guilt, she moved him to rage, a pale flickering of purest ire that he should be questioned.
"why should i?" pharaoh said smoothly in deadly tones. "it seems i have been given a blessing."
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
tavina blazed.

"this is wrong and you know it. that is why you waited until your queen was gone."

dangerous — she took a breath. "you have gone too far, pharaoh."

the title was bitter on her tongue.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"i am your god!"
ramesses sprang from his throne; his teeth flashed and she flinched but he did not see the woman step back.
"if you think to question me, i will have you killed. never come into my presence again, sesh," pharaoh snarled, and his eyes were radiant with malevolent fury.
"all in akashingo belongs to me and it by my hand that we are so strong. all in this place is mine."
"get out."
he turned his back.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
the end! the searing ugly end.

how could she protect nazli if she was not here?

in the end tavina found herself weak and complicit; she stormed down the chamberways into the very grimness of a freshly laid scene.