Lion Head Mesa Like you think that I could change
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Private 
He is looking only for Senmut. Other tags are for reference.

He moved quickly to find @Senmut, knowing he could not be seen again by any other in the palace. Not even @Makono. She could not know yet what he has done. But he imagined she would figure it out eventually.

Slipping into the priest's chambers, Khaba first made sure no others were present before speaking. Plans have changed, priest. A bite of a tone, sharp and cold; but not yet brimmed with guilt. Whatever the crown prince intends to do, it must be done soon. You mustn't wait!. The eagerness in his voice screamed this plea, but he would not speak it. 

I have done what I can to protect her, but now I must leave or none of us will be safe from implications of treason. Whatever needs to be done to keep Makono's name clear, do it. Now he looked firmly within Senmut's gaze. A warning, a challenge, a threat—whatever he saw it as. Do not let anything happen to her. For I can no longer protect her. When she is finally upon the throne, I will return to her service as was promised. But no sooner. Even as selfish as it was, leaving was truly the only way to protect her. And himself. The jodai could not even lie to @Qiao. How could he continue with these lies if brought before @Ramesses to face his crimes?
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
933 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
senmut had acted with too much force.

and yet he would not regret it.

khaba had done something. he would discover it later. for now he only met the man's resolute eye and nodded.

"you have served her well. see that you stay alive to stand at her side during her Ascension."
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Keeping this thread quite brief. This will be the last from me here!

The priest did not question his actions. All that had been done was left unspoken. The only thing that mattered now, was Makono.

Nodding in a swift gesture of agreement, Khaba left Senmut's side to find the door. 

Only when he was sure no one would see him, he slipped out from within and rounded the back of the palace to find a secure exit.

Akashingo was no longer his home. But he hoped, someday in the future, it would be again.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
933 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
<3 such a good arc

khaba was gone.

"guide me, Amun-Ra," senmut murmured, opening his heart to the great void of power that the crown prince had left in her wake.

"guide khaba to find her."

with hope, they would return together, and senmut would hold the doors of the palace shut until it was time for makono's triumph to begin.