Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,174 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Pack Formation 
With @Meerkat, @Njord, and @Stingray here upon the spear, it began to feel as if the village were rebuilding itself. With the addition of @Keen, the raindrop knew it to be true. Soon, Sialuk would find a man to warm her bed and raise her sons and daughters, but for now, the mountain called to her. It reached into her heart and pulled out a song for all to hear.

"This mountain belongs to Sialuk Ostrega," it said. "And all those who make this village their home." She felt, for the first time, the spear sing through her, and it was a momentous occasion indeed. It was not unlike all those nights she had sung for the dead, singing them to the dancing lights where they would wait for her. She knew also that Tulukiri would be there in days to come, and Sialuk sang for her, too. A mournful note on the end of a triumphant proclaimation.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
awoo
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
172 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Keen was taking a nap when the call rang out, and it startled her awake. For a second she didn't understand, and scrambled first to answer Sialuk's call, then Meerkat's. After a few seconds of running around like a headless chicken, she realized what was going on and stopped to add her own howl to the mix. Oops.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
922 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord was tracking winter hare with @Stingray when he heard Sialuk’s powerful voice. Her melody sang a statement and a promise: Moonspear was hers – theirs – and this village would grow.

Complicated emotions set their anchor in Njord’s harbor but, despite this, he felt a glimmer of optimism. Meerkat and Stingray… they were safe. They now lived with those who shared, instead of bartered, trust and respect. His gaze drifted down to Stingray. Their son would lead a good life. If only Swordfish could be here, too...

Meerkat sang… and then a new voice. It was a sign of greater things to come. Their village would grow.

Njord’s head bent back as he added his own baritone to their chorus, thankful for the many blessings in his life.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
120 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Stingray could not bring himself to join in with the joyous song.

It wasn't that he was unhappy with Moonspear or felt he wasn't welcome, but turning his head sidelong to look at his singing father, he felt lost. Perhaps it was because the Sapphique wolves had not turned on him the way they had his parents, although he was upset with them for that, but he missed his home by the sea. It was the only home he had ever known and he had not been prepared to leave it. Even a boy as unflappable as Stingray couldn't bounce back from such a colossal change so quickly.

A soft whine eked out between his teeth, but that was the most Stingray could raise his voice. Anything more felt too celebratory, and Swordfish's eyes still glared at him in the night, reminding him that there was something vital missing and he couldn't celebrate yet. He could not so easily make a new home where his brother was not.

When the song ended, he returned to tracking hares, trying to silence the echo of his brother's voice in his mind: Why?