Ouroboros Spine Careful son you got dreamers plans
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
following directly after Aiolos's challenge thread

She had been walking. But when in the distance she found the form of @Chakliux, she stopped dead.

Blood on him. Blood on the ground. It was a grueling scene. She almost couldn't stomach it, but knew she must.

Quick, Nasamik rushed to his side, eyes wide as they searched his injured body. Seal hunter... No words, but her expression was enough to voice the question — what happened?!
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
846 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
when he opened his eyes, nasamik was there, her pretty eyes filled with concern. chakliux groaned again, forcing it to a grunt in his throat.
"i have lost face with the sun man." he had not yet opened his eyes.
tongue smoothed dry lips. "over you."
now chakliux did look at nasamik in questioning.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
At first, she wanted to answer with confusion. But almost at once, she knew the reason.

Her head fell in guilt. I am expected, Chakliux. He would hear it from her. I hadn't yet had the chance to tell you...

Kukutux had gotten to it first.

Trembling, now, she reached to press her head to his. If he would even allow it. I am so sorry. If I would have know this would happen— — ... I would have never permitted you to share my bed.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
846 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux at last sat up. his breathing still caused his side to ache low and hard. 
that she had not known took no sting from what had happened. chakliux was disgraced. nasamik carried his children. 
he stared at her for a long and quiet moment, the berry-brightness of his gaze turned hard for now. 
"what will you do?" he gestured to her belly which had not yet changed.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
His quietness unnerved her. But his feelings, she could not blame nor judge them.

When he finally spoke, her ears perked. He asked of her the same thing Kukutux. And again, she took no thought. I intend to keep them. It is not fair to punish them. For our mistakes. She wouldn't hurt him more with these words.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
846 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux was not ready.
resentment flooded him like bile. but he could not make her carry these things.
he spat bloody spittle into the snow and hauled himself to his feet, wincing.
"then i make you my first wife."
"but i will not live in this village another hour." his voice was heavy with wounded pride. "if you are my wife then you will leave with your husband."
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
He spoke first of making her as his wife. But then that he would not stay in this place.

Nasamik was shocked by many things in this moment. She could not help but tremble more, almost to the point where her morning retches became reality. 

But where would y—... where will we go? She did not want to leave this village. Not after everything it had given her. But she also did not want to abandon Chakliux. It did not feel right.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
846 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"it does not matter." his voice was ice beneath a noonday sun. "i am a hunter. i will find a place. or i will build one."
chakliux at last let his eyes soften as he glanced toward nasamik. "if you do not come with me, i will still bring you my kills. but i will not stay."
the injured man turned then, limping slowly for the borders.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
He would not stay, but he would not leave her entirely. Noble, at the least, in this time.

But when he turned to the border, her head spun. It was all too much, and happening too quickly. None of it, she could swallow without bile rising from her stomach. 

Frantic, her eyes swung from his fleeting form to the heart of the spine. Again, she was made to choose. Neither side, could she give up. But she had to choose now, or lose them both. 

Wait! At last she called to his turned back.

Quick, she trotted to him. I will go with you. But you must let me say my farewells. I cannot leave Kukutux in this way. It would not be right of me. Her eyes pleaded for him to understand.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
846 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
u can tag him whenever! <3

chakliux stopped to glance toward her again.
"of course. it would not be right. it is not the moonwoman who has shamed me."
he had shamed himself, but the seal hunter would not admit it.
"say goodbye. gather the things from your ulaq. i will wait for you in the place of dancing."
the glen.
this time he did leave, shoving himself to move more quickly lest the sun man descend on him again.