Swiftcurrent Creek [m] Got to let go, we can dance like there's no tomorrow
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
I figured it's safe to make some assumptions but @Akavir @Arric @Lestan feel free to yell at me and I'll delete or edit!
Ow. That was her first thought when she woke, bleary-eyed and fatigued in a way she'd never felt before. And — honestly, starving. Which was weird, because she rarely felt real hunger. It just didn't register most of the time. Reverie shook her head slightly as if that might clear her thoughts, but it didn't. Everything was hazy. She remembered Arric...
Arric! Where was he? Where was she? Reverie registered for the first time the scents of Swiftcurrent Creek, and panic flooded her. Had Arric brought her here? Did Lestan know? She looked up and around for the first time; if she had company, Reverie would not know it until this very moment.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
it was at that moment that lestan returned to find reverie awake. he let out his breath with relief, setting down the leg of hare he had been carrying to her resting area.
"how do you feel?" he asked after a moment, coming to sit beside her. his eyes were filled with a worry he still could not shake.
but she was here! and she was alive.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Lestan! And food! She'd been alone, but quite suddenly she wasn't, and the smell of what he'd brought was overwhelming to her but even that didn't matter when she caught sight of him. Nothing mattered but that he was here, and sitting beside her, and now she was sitting up too quickly and pressing herself to him as if she might never get the chance again.
He asked how she felt. Happy to see you, Reverie mumbled, and meant it. That was all she let herself feel for a moment. She would deal with the rest of it later, whatever had happened with Arric and whatever was wrong with her. And if her stomach rumbled a little in protest, she just hoped Lestan couldn't hear it, because... embarrassing!
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
but he did hear it! and he promptly brought the haunch over. resettling nearby, lestan treated her to a truly genuine smile. "i'm happy to see you too." he cleared his throat. "arric said you were dancing together. then you fainted and, well you're here now, in swiftcurrent creek."
with me
and arric, who perhaps reverie also fancied. the thought made him dizzy. he heard the man again speak about sharing, and his cheeks heated.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
To say she was disappointed when Lestan's closeness was replaced with the hare leg he'd brought was an understatement, but Reverie tried to be grateful. She was hungry. Thank you, She said softly, and started to pick at the food because she knew from experience what would happen if she ate too quickly. Lestan explained what had happened, and she blushed a little, feeling inexplicably guilty to know that he knew what she had done with Arric.
It was only dancing, after all! But she had wanted to do more, hadn't she? She didn't care for Arric, not the way she did Lestan, but she had wanted him. Sitting here now with the true object of her affections and desires, she couldn't imagine why. Arric was pretty, yes, but Lestan...
She was distracted now, and forgot about her food entirely, and if Lestan was wearing clothes she would have been undressing him with her eyes. But considering they were all perpetually naked, she was just staring.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
872 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Just assuming akavir and arric hadn't really left, since lestan only just got back.

Off to the side, closer to the woods, Akavir had taken to giving the she-wolf space when Lestan’s footfalls had been heard, signifying the man’s swift return. Off to the side, it was clear the girl hadn’t seen him—nor Arric, and as Lestan murmured to her, Akavir felt a very private moment between the two of them.

He stood then—eyes watching the girl who was watching his distant cousin as if he was a juicy steak, and his shoulder grazed Arric quietly, uncertain if his Beta also fancied the girl when he had made a comment about Lestan sharing her.

The two could figure it out, he hoped.

And then—to garner attention, because if things escalated any further between the two lovers it would border on terribly awkward—Akavir cleared his throat with a chuff. “Lestan, are you okay to look after your friend? If you need anything, you can call…”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric had followed Akavir and stood with him nesr the wood. He didn't want to intrude on Lestan and Reverie anymore than he clearly had.

Arric turned at the graze of shoulder and dipped his head a small smile on his face. He hadn't fancied her not really. She was pretty sure. But he knew where he stood and he hadn't misspoke when he had said he considered her Lestan's woman. He wouldn't have crossed that line.

Arric moved with Akavir and he quietly waited. He'd leave with the older mayfair as well
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
reverie did not eat so much as stare at him with a feverish look in her golden face. lestan prickled warmly under his ruff, face flushing beneath the short fur of his face. he remembered how they had danced, and then how her body had felt in angles and curvature against his own.
he might have reached to touch her then, vying for a chaste kiss, had not akavir and then arric returned.
the large black wolf was given an easier look than before. he must trust arric. and akavir addressed him now.
"yes. i'll stay," he said to them both, before his eyes moved back to reverie with a smile.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
They were not alone! Reverie flushed more deeply than ever and ducked her head, unable to meet anyone's eyes while they spoke. She wanted them to leave. Akavir and Arric were kind, but she was finding it more impossible with each day to keep her mind away from what she had shared with Lestan. Maybe that was the real reason she'd wanted Arric; she'd wanted that closeness, and Lestan was not there.
She would have to avoid actualizing that almost-mistake. Reverie composed herself with some effort, and looked up at the pair of dark-furred men just long enough to say, Thank you - both of you, And she did not allow her gaze to linger on Arric. Instead she looked back to Lestan, and saw him smiling, and her heart leapt. Please leave, she thought a little desperately, directed at Akavir and Arric. Anyone in Lestan's shoes with two brain cells to rub together should have been terrified.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
872 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
In honesty Akavir couldn't get out of there quicker—the strange tension that coiled the air and the mere fact that none of it felt like his business. So when Lestan seemed eager to stay, and Arric seemed settled, the man rose, a nod given to them—gaze lingering on Reverie as she piped up a sheepish thank you, to which his muzzle would dip lower, he swept away, eager to put the strange vibe of this entire meeting behind him.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric followed after him. Not wanting to be another moment to soon. Because these two looked like they were about to get busy and he didn't want a front row seat. Maybe if he was part of something he'd be alright, but rights now. Nope.

So he noped himself right on out of it.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
akavir and arric took swift and urgent leave.
lestan looked back to the smoulder of reverie's eyes and his heart tripped over itself.
he was not sure he had ever seen such an expression upon her face before; he would have wrung his hands if he was able.
instead the mayfair lifted a chaste and trembling paw to cover her own, words moving to his mouth, words that suggested they should — well! reverie had only just come awake!
but they stuffed themselves behind his tongue and would not make themselves known as her eyes captured him.
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie scarcely noticed that the other two had departed. Her eyes traced each little way Lestan reacted to her; the way he looked at her, touched her, trembled. What could she do but kiss him? Slowly, sweetly, pulling him closer with gentle insistence. It seemed to her that he was uncertain, so she gave ample opportunity for him to stop her.
But if he didn't, Reverie didn't at all mind taking the reins in this. She really did prefer to lead, as she'd told Arric, and might have before if only — it was just all so new to her then! But she had paid close attention. This time she knew where to touch him, how to proceed, and so she sought to remind him of the promise he'd made when they'd first done this together.
He was hers.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lestan experienced only a tiny hesitation before he answered reverie with the same passion, winding eagerly into her arms with no care if the other two should return.
this time she led;
this time he followed;
and with reverie he entered a world populated entirely by the sound of her body and the taste of her voice; his own tangled and he felt as though he might never let go of her again.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Hanky panky
This time it was different in so many ways. This time Reverie understood what it was Lestan had felt, by the lake; that there was a real end to this, something even better, something she scarcely could have imagined before. Like falling from a great height, falling infinitely though it only lasted a few moments. That was flying, truly.
Time passed; she urged Lestan back to her again. She didn't know how many times, only that eventually it ended. She wished it didn't have to. But the aftermath wasn't something terrible and cold; it was warm and hopeful and, for a moment, perfect. She kissed him, and thought:
I love you,
but she didn't dare say it.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
fade? <3 we can do a new one!

lestan lay in resplendence beside her as the beauty of the creek flowed around him.
his body was filled with a sweet tiredness, but his heart galloped in fervency.
and the mayfair had no such compunction!
"reverie, i love you," he said at the edge of a yawn that split his jaws, honeyblue eyes silken with the trueness of it, before he wound her as close as she would come and curled in sleep around her golden figure.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He loved her.
Lestan loved her, and for a moment she couldn't breathe. I - Reverie's breath caught and she buried herself in his arms. I love you. And she realized then why the feeling unsettled her so; she always would, and there was nothing she could do about it. And maybe it wouldn't work out, maybe she wouldn't marry Lestan in the end. If not him, then no one at all. It wasn't the scariest thought she'd ever had. Reverie didn't need romance in her life. She could live without it; truth be told she'd figured, for a very long time now, that she would. But it was nerve-wracking to only get one chance, the only chance she would ever give herself.
But for now all she could do was hold him close and see what came next.