Rising Sun Valley Dear Fellow Traveller
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
Undeterred, he took the act still further. Pitching half to the side, Louis didn't get any closer, but he did make a show of displaying his throat and reached out with a foreleg to paw the air near her porcupined-fur.

The quiver of his tail reduced only ever so slightly, still strewn behind him. Still he grumbled with a fearless kind of playfulness, licking his lip and then yipping again. He knew she wasn't heartless. He didn't really expect to be hurt.

Even if he'd misjudged and she bit him, he'd certainly have a story to tell from it all. But he'd much rather see her smile.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
He’s trolling! Poking at the bear.

She pivots fiercely, diving forward and snapping up those taunting toes with her teeth!

Her heart hammers, but the mischief returns to her eyes. Shall I relieve you of a troublesome limb? Her growls seem to stoke.

But she’ll release the boy in favor of scampering tight circles around him instead. Underbelly, chin, tip of tail, she reaches for all these soft places with cursory nips and spins round and round in an endless loop.

The tension scatters a little with each leap, and every feigned yelp of ache shared. She allows her mind to wheel with the giddiness she feels. This play with Louis is no small risk. It means allowing herself to be exposed, to trust that he won't hurt her, even though he can. She puts her mouth around the crux of his neck, but never bites down.

He can trust, too.
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
There was a moment, however brief, where Louis was forced to guess whether her lunge was in earnest. But her bite was controlled, it sought no blood. No sharp fling of her jaw followed to tear fur.

She chose to play.

The knot in his chest loosened like dandelion seeds set to wind, and Louis spun his head, twisted foot and chest, but never righted himself as she circled him. Even in the narrow space, his retaliatory nips always seemed just a little too slow to actually catch her, but every now and then a paw would clip her as she darted. 

There was a special kind of thrill in the submission that followed, in letting her close to somewhere vulnerable. Licking his lips, the thought occurred to him that this was rather more exciting than kissing.

Tilting his head, he gave her a sharp, affectionate nudge with his snout and finally pitched forward, righting himself enough to aim a gentle nip at the ragged fur of her cheek. He laughed. His tail, a ceaseless indicator of his excitement, continued its rampant pace across the dirt.

He felt young and fearless, and both all the stronger in her company.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi

The scurries are abraded by a tempered tug of her cheek. With tongue lolling she tosses her head aside and shakes him off, tumbling clumsily down onto her back in the process. Her mind is spinning stars, she looks up into Louis’s twinkling eyes and sees a pair of orbiting moons. She reaches up a paw to bat them but too quickly they fly out of range.

She's helpless with laughter.

for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
Her joy was a balm, and Louis giggled back, a mess of pitched whines and yips. Until he was well and truly out of breath, and forced to flop to the ground, tongue lolling over a forearm outstretched, hot in spite of the weather. If she pounced again, he'd admit defeat gladly.

"You're beautiful." He said, full of conviction and still wearing that bright, cheerful gaze.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
He revolves around her in silver banners until his face finally centers over her own.

Beautiful.

Her breaths skip fast, her blood simmers. Set alive by only a few words as he lowers himself to the earth beside her.

Her eyes meet his, she arcs herself forward to brush with her lips at the corner of his smile- the softest of kisses, and not under any guise of feigned confidence. Just her.

She pulls back to grin. "you're... different."

Different in that she wishes him near. That she hopes the snowstorm will beat on forever.
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
((Sorry replies have been SO slow lately Dx Health hasn't been good
Heat rising to his cheeks, Louis blinked, grinning stupidly for a moment as heat spiraled out from where she'd placed her affection.

Different. She called him. Well, that was no insult! "And proud to be." He acclaimed with another hum, big ears swiveling forward eagerly. "If it wins me your favor. Or even your smile." The words might've seemed childishly adulating, but he spoke them with conviction nonetheless.

No, Louis did not seem to find them silly, and it was with earnestness that he rolled again onto his belly and waved a paw at her, inviting her to close the space again if it pleased her to do so. Whatever closeness, at whatever pace she desired, he was quite certain he wanted it, too.

Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Please don't apologize I will be here to write with you whenever you are ready! <33 Life & health always come first, I hope you are ok my friend <33 I am having a blast with them c:

Both,” she grins again and settles herself into a curl at his side. He’s warm and new and his heart beats in harmony with her’s. For the first time since leaving home she feels some semblance of comfort in the space between his silver limbs. She struggles to  make clear sense of the barrage of emotions she feels.

Only one thing is certain: she can’t get this silly smile off her face.
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
((I really appreciate it! ;w;))

Their antics had stilled, but Louis' still felt himself out of breath in such proximity to her. He giggled a little at her answer, then sighed contently. He had none of the same confusion. She was pressed close and she was beautiful and it was all too romantic to be an accident. Happiness was not felt only to be questioned, and tomorrow was far from his mind. "I'm glad you're here."
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
<333

She tucks her nose in the crook of his arm, nuzzling into the pale fur of his chest. She watches the silver strands sway at her lips with every inhale and exhale. The vibrations of his giggles are infectious and she's smiling along with him as he speaks. 

"Me too," she mouths into his pelt.

She wouldn't be anywhere else, and that's how she drifts off to sleep; curled into Louis's side with a smile upon her lips.
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
Louis felt far too restless to sleep. Even tired. His blood was hot and listening to Tauris's breath slow as she drifted off, her heart still against him, was a rhythm he wanted to hear every note of.

Bright blue eyes watched the snowstorm rage on outside the den, and it seemed to him his adventure here was off to a promising start.

---

((aaa ty for your patience! this might be a good spot to end off on or at least timeskip? have LOVED seeing these two interact and very curious how things might develop between them xD))