Lion Head Mesa the land of reeds
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
Read Only 

perhaps it was unjust that ramesses was served this final beauty. alone, he stood upon the mesa's edge. this was where satsu had lain in state for seventy days, the sun drying the last moisture from her beautiful body.
maggie too had lain in this place. she walked with her queen now, a favored and eternal servant.
@Toula and @Sethnakht and @Ashikaga came to his mind now. beloved children, divine children. he had seen none of his same cruelty in makono; he did not think she meant to end them all with the edge of her newly-held sickle.
his heart gave a fierce stutter.
pharaoh closed his eyes.
not yet!
the sun was coming, Ra's barge poled through the gilded wonder of the sky and the chariot wheels loomed larger and larger, until ramesses was filled with the rich light of his god's wonder.
and finally he did weep, for a thousand things and nothing at all, crumpling to haunches and raising reverent arms into the air as his resplendent voice lifted in a final prayer.

anoint me, Holy One!
i shall ride with You across the sky
i shall sing hymns of silver and honey to Your ears
i will carry Your light into my judgement
Osiris will be blinded by Your radiance!
anoint me! i go to dwell in the House of the Dead

arms falling; weakening last, heart stammering in his vital, divine chest.
ramesses toppled slowly, the white of his fur shot through with strands of gold, his last breath caught up by Ra's vigorous ascent into a new day that his eyes would not behold.
thus ended ramesses II, son of seti, father to nekubi makono, second pharaoh of akashingo.