Swiftcurrent Creek rain for the water gods
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
all tagged welcome to join, no order! but this is also AW

tybault's blood still was apparent upon lestan in some way, for he had not wanted @Reverie to cleanse all of it.
the dried red patches were not a trophy, they were a warning. the small lacerations he had received from the prodigal brother bled in tiny dots as if they were only freckling.
he called for @Arric and @Akavir, for they needed to know what transpired outside the creek. but then lestan softened and offered his arm to reverie. "it will be all right."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Lestan called to him and so he would come with haste. For as little as he had trusted the dark wolf prior, over the weeks grew a certain camaraderie to the other Mayfair—perhaps, something that would blossom further into a kinship if given time.

Yet when his champagne gaze swept over Reverie first, and then the blood-speckled Lestan, his brows shot up in worry, a curl at his lips before the question spilled out: “What happened?”
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,375 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie existed between two places. Stuck. Silence reigned, but in gratitude she only clung to the simple fact that she was here. Tybault may have rendered her speechless, but he had not succeeded in taking her agency from her. She knew herself, and knew enough to choose her own path.
She had chosen Lestan. And maybe later she would regret that — no, she definitely would, this girl who only wanted to dance and be free and without a single care in the world. Swiftcurrent Creek was a term loaded with burdens, children — !
But she didn't think of that now. She only kept close to Lestan, as close as he would let her stay, and inspected his wounds with an obsessive fervency. It didn't matter that she'd already done it several times over on the way to the Creek. She needed to be sure that he would be okay.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric heard the call and then he smelled the blood. He rushed towards the howl. He stared at the two coming towards the borders. A soft growl. 

Is anyone following you? He asked. His worry was for them and to make sure no one else was after them. 

Practiced eye over the lacerations. His eyes softened. Are you okay?
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
akavir first, and then arric, each with their own brand of brusque care. lestan felt himself quail somewhat, but for the sake of reverie he held fast. "tybault came back," the mayfair said to arric first, wondering, assuming that the information of that man had been given to akavir.
"he tried to h-hurt reverie,"
— ophelia! the name tore through his memory.
"he tried to — he did hurt her," lestan forced on, looking into her worried, silent face. "so i-i," flummoxed, eyes moving from her to the ground, ears splaying;
then shoulders squaring, breath centered, indignation at the very tips of his auds as they trembled sharply upright once more; lestan mayfair looked to akavir and then to arric.
"i handled it."
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,375 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Belatedly realized Eb may have meant no order for joining rather than no posting order (^: someone please come kick me to delete this if that's the case
She tried to focus on what they were saying, she really did. Every few seconds Reverie's eyes would flicker across one of their faces, clear for a brief moment, but then her gaze would cloud over again and drift. She shifted, looked over her shoulder as if she meant to turn and go. But she didn't. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't.
Lestan was here, and he was hurt, and he needed her. Home, this was supposed to be home, if Akavir and Arric said yes. But she knew that wasn't quite true. If they gave their blessing, it wouldn't be Swiftcurrent Creek she would be tied to forever. Home would be Lestan, and it should have felt like happiness, but it sounded like a death knoll.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Arric was as instant as he, the two practically sliding in unison toward their packmate and each with their own questions. His eyes were sharp upon them both—even more so at the words of Lestan that Reverie had been hurt by Tybault—the name only familiar to the Mayfair as a guy who had stirred up some trouble on their borders looking for the girl in question.

There was a pause—his eyes tracing the flecks of blood on Lestan, moving forward to crowd and worry at the male slightly, only relaxing when it was apparent that the majority of the blood was not his own. And then a cloying sense of pride—he didn’t think the soft-spoken man had it in him—but now was not the time to tease.

“Do you need anything? Want Arric or I to trail after him, make sure he’s gone for good…?”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A deep flare of pride lit his insides and worked it's way up for Lestan. Good job to him. he wouldn't tell him that, given the mans countenance. He'd wager he had done what he needed too, but hadn't felt good about it, but that was all you could.

He nodded in agreement with Akavir. Give him the word and he'd find the bastard finish what he had too If Lestan hadn't.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
it was a no joining order thing, i will get immediately confused w no posting order lmao <3 but ur good!

"he's gone," lestan said with a degree more confidence. "but you will find his blood trail easily in the snow." he licked the mixture of his and tybault's own from his jaws and sighed a little. "what i want is, well, reverie, i," bluehoney eyes shifting, "i think you should stay."
"with permission." his gaze floated back to akavir and then arric.
lestan was not sure how to tell them he thought reverie might have been running away. why else had she left in the middle of the night? he looked fondly to the fairylight of her eyes once more. "she's left kvarsheim."
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,375 Posts
Ooc — xynien
When Lestan said her name, Reverie's eyes flicked to him, but they were still glassy and far-off at first. She understood pieces of what he said. Stay. It took her a moment to realize what was happening. He was asking his leaders for permission. She could only think that now was a terrible time.
She was at her worst, after all.
But she nodded slowly, and tried to focus. Her eyes found Akavir, then Arric, and she felt herself slipping away again. Drifting in and out like something swaying in open water. They would never say yes to this, she felt suddenly, and was uncertain if that thought was relief or despair. Who could look at her now, lethargic and strange and unaware, and think that she was worth anything more than a contemptuous sideways glance while hurrying by to get away?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Lestan requested her to stay—as them—and Akavir’s swept to study the delicate features of the she-wolf in question. She didn’t speak to herself—instead, she offered a nod, as if in a daze—or… was she even paying attention to the conversation right now…?

His thoughts traced back to their first meeting—and then to when she had awoken. In fact, she usually seemed… distracted…

“If it’s amicable to Reverie,” he offered, watching her—she could have a home here if she desired.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric studied them both and then looked to Akavir. How about we don't make any decisions right now. Lestan you go ahead and take Reverie to get some rest. She can let us know her answer at a later time. Is this alright Akavir? The last part in a hush.

The girl was obviously dazed and not in her right mind at the moment. It felt cruel to make her decide right this second.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
arric rescued them both, it seemed. lestan looked to reverie, then pulled her against his shoulder with a warm gesture of camaraderie.
"i'll get her settled. resettled," he amended with a soft frown. he did not expect her to speak and yet he wished to hear her voice all the same. "we can — rendezvous another time."
the mayfair would dismiss himself with her, once it became apparent that akavir too agreed.
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,375 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Akavir zeroed in on her with a focus that almost sent Reverie into a panic. She looked away, pressing into Lestan's shoulder as he pulled her closer, and was grateful to hear Arric's intervention. Her answer would not change, but she wanted to give it properly as much as Akavir seemed to want to hear it properly. So they would speak again later.
For now she only wanted to be with Lestan. Nothing else could hold her attention, not for more than a few tenuous moments. The blood on him unsettled her, but she spared no thought for it as their fur mingled. It was more important that they stay close.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Akavir studied Reverie quietly—he couldn’t help but feel something was off about the little lamb. Still, she seemed at the very least overwhelmed, and when Lestan agreed, Akavir took a step toward the dark man, another quick once over with his eyes given, ensuring he wasn’t too wounded. A gentle chuff, Akavir nudged the other Mayfair gently, a light frown breaking through his facade for only a moment before disappearing. “Make sure you both get some rest, okay? Do you need anything else?”

Only when the two wolves were both leaving did Akavir sweep his gaze to Arric, offering a light shake of his muzzle and then leaving to check on Jakoul.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric wasn't sure what was going on with the girl. or the thing that was between Lestan and Reverie, but he was aware when he needed to be scarce. So with a small low dip of his muzzle, he followed behind Akavir and then broke away from the other male, to patrol the borders. There were babies coming and it didn't do any good not to have a strong presence at the border.