Stone Circle Vorrigning
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
All Welcome 
 vorrigning translation: "spring rain" according to google translate. AW for Kvarsheim members!

Ulfhild made many rounds through the Heim, making and refreshing markers.
She thought to do so again this evening, as the gentle rain pitter-pattered around and on her, wetting her furs.
The Protector sniffed through the grasses, raising her golden gaze to search for any signs of prey that she may find. 
A small herd of deer, just on the outskirts some distance away. 

Sol was retiring to make way for Mani, this she saw in the deepening colors of the sky.
Perhaps a hunt was due, to feed the others who shared the Heim with her. 
She lifted a low call to see who might join her for this hunt, knowing she could not fell a deer by herself with her stature and pale furs. 
She would not blend in as well as those with darker pelages. 

The Protector would wait where she stood, to see if anyone came to join her.
Protect the Weak, Purge the Evil
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Taktuq came to her, drawn by the prospect of a hunt as much as by the unfamiliarity of the voice behind the call. Gunnar had shared news of the new recruits with her, but their paths had yet to cross. What a perfect opportunity to meet this newest Systir! Though she had felt unwell this morning, the cool rains made her feel much better and she approached with a friendly lope.

You are like wolves of the North, she admired, as reddish sunlight spread colour over the other woman’s cotton fur, you have an eye on the deer we hunt? Taktuq turned her eyes towards the little herd. Which one had she chosen? Her belly flinched in a pang of hunger. Indeed, deer were the proper menu for the night.

sorry it’s so short! I should be sleeping but I wanted to get this out for you first!! <3
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Ulfhild turned her face to see the approach of one of the Heim
She took the admiration with a soft, hearty chuckle, "I am of the North. Was my Heim until recent. Now, Heim is here." She uttered for Taktuq. 
The following question was a cue for the Protector to turn her muzzle back to the small herd in the distance. 
"That one." She rumbled softly, a whisper as she dipped her nose to a deer hanging on the outskirts of the herd.
"I think I smell sickness, but am unsure which one is the most ill..." She admitted, looking now to the Mother.
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
My father is a wolf of the North, she said, and two brothers look so, too, though... and a cheeky smile crawled over Taktuq's face, they have as much southern blood in them as I.

It would be good to have another northerner among them. Taktuq was used to running with such family, and she thought fondly on Takiyok, and the time she'd had with her aunt. Perhaps running with Ulfhild would ease some of the missing she felt now rising from her core.

Taktuq turned her eye to follow the dip of the northern's head. Hmm, Taktuq hummed, squinted to catch a better look, and flaring her nostrils to catch the wind that drifted towards the pair of hunters. The herd parted then, and she caught through the web of tawny legs, a small hitch in the step of one. Her ears flicked forward.

There, between the buck and the roe with fawn spots fading. The dark one. She has a limp.

And left her statement hanging for the other huntress to begin laying out a plan.

rolled a success to see if Taktuq could spot the illness!
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Apologies for the extended hold-up
Ulfhild chuckled at Taktuq's commentary, the mention of her northerner relatives. 
Then. she followed the pointer of the Mother, to the dark-pelted doe limping within the grasses.
The behemoth hummed softly in thought as she contemplated their options...

"I am big, pale. Will work best as a distraction to push them your way?" She offered quietly in her thick accent, gaze upon the Alphess' features now for her input to the forming plan between them.
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
<33!!

Taktuq smiled to herself that she made Ulfhild chuckle, but made no further comment, unwilling to interrupt the huntress’ scheming.

A plan unfurled from the shieldmaiden’s mind and Taktuq dipped her head to consider.

Yes. Drive them to me, and I will single the doe to drive back towards you. Make her run back and forth as many times we need. And then we will strike together.

She knew she couldn’t take down the doe by herself, but with Ulfhild here, strength became their advantage again.
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Drive them to me, and I will single the doe to drive back towards you. Make her run back and forth as many times we need. And then we will strike together

Ulfhild nodded once to Taktuq's words, firm and solid.
With their plan in place, the hulking giant turned to trot around through the herd.
Her prowl was as predatory as any other hunter, eyes focused upon the limping doe as the Shieldmaiden made to cut off the injured ungulate from safety. 

With care and plenty of driving snaps of teeth, the behemoth was able to drive the doe further from the herd, trusting that Taktuq would be swift to intercept as their quarry made a panicked attempt to escape from the imposing figure of Ulfhild. 

I made an evens/odds roll in the discord tabletop channel to determine their success in cutting off the doe <3