Moonspear mooncalled
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
Tags for reference and for potential joiners, but AW.

@Sialuk had requested he hunt for the injured @Quennell, and so he did. The large man of silver had brought small tidbits at times—squirrel, bird. Now, though, was a prize he could be far more boastful about, and coming to the healing Ulaq, Argent placed the goat with light flourish—it felt good to provide for those who needed it within the ranks of a pack once more, and he chuffed softly, the scent of a new wolf coming to him—@Chakliux.

He rumbled to them both, offering with warm invitation they come indulge—to feast and grow strong once more, should their current caregivers give them leave to move as much as come outside.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
so many tags for reference. @_@

Sialuk tended to @Chakliux. Sialuk tended to @Quennell. Sialuk made sure @Nasamik, @Meerkat, and their children were healthy and well-fed. Sialuk sent @Tullik to Brecheliant for Bridget. Sialuk kept warm on cold nights with @Keen. Sialuk thought of Argent and Kannoyak often.

The starwoman came to the large hollow tree with a fresh round of poppy for her patients. It helped them slumber and staved off the pain they both felt for their injuries. She smelled blood as she drew near, and though she feared the worst, she quickly came to realize it was food rather than her new ailing villagers.

She cast Argent a thankful glance and slipped inside the ulaq, but both the man and boy were sleeping. She let them be, slinking back outside to greet Argent with a friendly sniff to his shoulder.

A large feast for our brothers, she said, smiling upon the goat.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Starwoman came when his invitation to those in the ulaq remained quiet—she slipped within, and in moments, returned, her nose brushing to his shoulder in a quiet gesture that stirred his own to dip down and trace to her cheek in his own greeting.

At her praise, he felt a smile pull at his lips—seeping past his reserve for now, indulging in the moment. To provide was good—and it gave him something to do to ease his wandering heart. “May it help them and those that tend them heal all the faster,” he murmured in return, his tail giving a slow sway in the cool air as he turned, pale silver eyes questioning her now—did she have more orders for him?
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
where does the time go?! more tags for ref!

Sialuk pulled a rear leg from the goat, gnawing at the hip joint until the satisfying pop that released it from the creature's rear. Teeth sliced through flesh, and she felt the meat slide into her belly. The healing brothers will get the richest meats, from the goat's belly, she said between bites. You take a leg for yourself, yes? she suggested. As for the other two legs... One for @Alaric, one for @Elentari. Whatever remained could be split between the two expectant mothers: @Meerkat and @Nasamik.

The starwoman looked at the creature's head, its horns something she coveted for herself. She tested them with her teeth, pulling, but they did not release from the skull. Perhaps she would take the whole thing. It would make a good addition to her altar.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Sialuk divvied up the prize with precision and a decisive nature that suited her and her role well—Argent watched on, amusement gleaming in his eyes as his muzzle bowed lower to her words, arranging pieces as she saw fit.

There would be more to be had in days to come—Moonspear grew mighty with able bodies—and so he imagined larger hunts to be more possible in the days to come, particularly when some of their injured newcomers were able to partake once more.

He moved quietly—serpentine in stride—as he helped her organize, and then, silver gaze pointedly watched her work at the horns, prying at them. Forward he swept, front paws lifting to press upon the weighty meat of the carcass and assist in pinning it as she pulled—openly inquisitive. “Do these hold a purpose?” His birth pack would have discarded such an item spare for a play thing for the young—and so, he remained curious to the culture of the raindrop and what inspired her in the moment.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
He offered his help, and she smiled despite herself. The skull came free of the spine, but the horns remained firmly implanted within the bone. They would not be removed, she did not think. Argent asked of its purpose, and Sialuk paused, putting words together.

A crow—you have seen him—came to me when I was young. He brings small bones for me, and they hold great importance. It is the same with bones brought by those held dear. Each item upon her altar was dripping with energy of whomever had given it to her. The goat's skull would be a reminder of Argent's dedication.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
When Sialuk spoke, it was usually with words of careful wisdom or sentiment. So the compliment laced within her explanation, so intricately woven in and yet done so without the embellished praise, stirred a gentle smile to the man, who tilted his head in quiet acceptance of her words.

If his mother had asked him where he saw himself in the future, he never would have imagined it being on a mountain that was not the Sunspire, and with a woman who believed that polygamy would help the connections and establishments of a pack.

Particularly not after the death of his father, and the way the man had supposedly passed.

“I have seen the crow,” he mused quietly, pulling himself from that darker contemplation and trying to keep his voice low so as to not wake the sick that were healing. “I always wondered your relationship with it.”
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,195 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
fade here?

It would take time and care to remove flesh and skin from bone and horn, but the result—she thought—would be worth it. To have such a beautiful piece living among the others would be a blessing, and the spirits would be pleased. Sialuk would be pleased. But that was a task for later, after her belly was full.

She returned to the leg, and she would continue eating from it until she was round with satisfaction. Busy with the work of eating, she let comfortable silence fall between them. Soon, she would call Argent to her ulaq, she decided, though she would not say this now.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO