Gyrfalcon's Keep Is all you got,
76 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Formation 
@Thyra @/Solveig
Figured I would meet you halfway ;)

There was a new scent following the warmer drift welcoming spring. But yet, it was not so new. Asvoria knew this individual well. A daughter of Freya, and mother to a promising blossom. 

Solveig, The priestess greeted warmly, meeting both the woman and her daughter, Thyra where the trees invited the smallest glance to the mountain base. I welcome you. And if allowed, Asvoria would lean closer to brush her muzzle lightly upon the woman's chin. Being all that much shorter than the warrior, this was the only place she could reach.

Then to Thyra, a smile was given. You have been united by the grace of the old gods. May you prosper together, rather than apart. For there was no better strength than the force of mother and daughter combined.

Old Norse | Common Tongue
— —
Hover over text for unknown tongue translations.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
On the way, she was informed that Asvoria had been told that the family had split up, leaving three of its members behind. Solveig struggled with acknowledging this fact, wishing very much that her mate and two other children had not chosen to stay, and lead a life that did not honour the Old Gods. She wanted to forgive them for their choice, but in choosing to stay, they had not only chosen a different life, but a different life that did not include her. She struggled with the shame of believing that neither their faith, nor she, was enough for them. 

Thyra, however, had left with her. Not without some convincing, and she wondered if Thyra had felt guilty and had chosen to go out of pity. But she seemed at peace in this place, and chose to try and trust her beliefs. Thyra knew that it would have been wrong for her to come only out of fidelity. 

She lowered her head to welcome Asvoria's greeting, crouching slightly so she might also place a reverent kiss upon the brown-eyed woman's cheek in respect. She was silent as the other spoke, still and calm as a shadow. 

It pained her to think she would only be reunited with one of her children, but at least she would still have her beliefs. "We've come to honour the guidance of the Old Gods," She said. "And those who are worthy of living amongst us."
"Old Norse" | "Common Tongue"
75 Posts
Ooc — Jess
we can skip this one every now and again :3 I'll stick her in if she has something to say. 

It warmed Thyra's heart to see her mother reunited with her friend. She had witnessed the pain her mother had suffered, when the high priestess had left- and she alone knew how hard it had been on Solveig to make the decision to abandon her mate, children, and all of her known acquaintances to pursue the woman she felt was fit to be their leader. The Old Gods were not something she and her mother could simply divorce. 

She wished, though, that her mother might show a bit more of how she felt. She didn't bounce about, cry, or shout when she saw Asvoria, but greeted her with her usual stuffy, formal ways. Thyra moved to her mother's side, sitting when she did. She'd hoped for more joy in their reunion- but sensed instead that there might be more formal chat.
76 Posts
Ooc —
A protector. A trusting friend. A wise speaker. A doting mother. Solveig was all of these things and more. It warmed Asvoria's heart to see this woman again. And to know that they would be walking alongside one another again—something to make the soul feel blessed.

The gods and I both welcome you. This is home. And it would be, hopefully, for generations to come.

Come, sister maiden, It was only right to address her this way. Her former title as shield-maiden had not been forgotten. The work has only begun. There is still much to do. Right down to business, as usual, as she led them further into the keep. Your child is a gift. She has done much already, and will continue to be a blessing.

— —
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She swept her gaze over the forested area, inhaling deeply. The air smelled both of pine and salt; refreshing and clean. A sacred place, she thought, to smell of both forest and ocean, to be composed both of lowlands and mountains. Their new home held many secrets, and she was willing to take them all in. Adventure suited Solveig well, and the assignment of duty fueled her. 

"Am am ready," She responded obediently. The praise for her daughter was acknowledged with a blithe nod, though she felt more proud than she let on. Thyra had surprised her, when she had offered to come along. Though she had been reluctant for several of her assignments and training, she was probably the most devout of the brood. "I would be honoured to continue my services as shieldmaiden," She said. "And to pass on our teachings to those who come to join, I would accept that task as well."
76 Posts
Ooc —
cutting this short to get us rolling. this will be the last from me! once both Thyra and Solveig have posted again, if they wish to, then I will archive.

It was the desire of Solveig to continue on as she had done. Astoria would not deny her this. For to become a shield-maiden was no easy feat. This woman had worked hard, and she would forever be recognized for it.

In agreement, the priestess nodded. You will hold this title for now. But not long. Asvoria had other plans, now knowing this warrior had returned to them.

Go now, and rest. When you are ready, find me within the temple. Thyra would show her mother when she was ready to know. But for now, such is where Asvoria would return alone.

— —
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Solveig nodded solemnly, accepting the role and title. She would guard the temple as Asvoria needed her to, and would put herself to work immediately. She gave her daughter a nudge, figuring Thyra might know a good place to rest. 

Once they were out of earshot, she would surprise her daughter by changing their path. ”Take me once around the borders so I may know them, and then I will rest.”
75 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Thyra felt relieved when her mother was appointed as a Shieldmaiden. Perhaps, with Solveig on duty around the borders, she might get the chance to focus on her own interests- perfecting her skills at preparing pelts. 

She moved away with her mother, giving Asvoria a shy but pleased smile, and began to lead the way toward the den site where she had been resting. When her mother cut in front, Thyra paused- and rolled her eyes quietly. Of course her mother would want to patrol the borders before resting. 

Thyra chuffed a soft laugh, and nodded.