Northstar Vale Trávma
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
The man prowled away from his family’s den and into the thick of the vale. His gashed nose had stopped bleeding. The confusion he had felt, the anger that had first driven him, was gone and replaced with a sense of dread.

Arsenio caught the scent of the soldier and followed it for a time. It seemed that the man had made himself busy, or at least made himself scarce. He may have been clouded by memories of war. The Arche wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. He did not want to throw the man from their pack.

Antigone’s words were scorched in his memory.

If he hurts me or Zulema or Zosime, then that’s your fault.

The Arche drew back his head and called for @Reyson. They would need to speak.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
The man heard the howl and his mouth grew sour. He stopped mid step and hung his head between his paws to get his bearings. That child. He wasn't a nice child. And Reyson had gone overboard yes.

He shook his head and gathered himself and loped towards the Arche. Made sure to keep all his emotions in check and his face clear. He would show this man no emotions either. He was back to being the soldier he was supposed to be. Screw him for caring about anyone.

He should never have come here, he shouldn't have started a relationship with someone who couldn't trust him, but could do whatever she pleased and he definitely shouldn't have asked for a home in a vale where a child intent upon bringing the man to his knees resided.

He stopped and stood in front of the man, body language neutral, eyes averted and he waited. Saying nothing.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The soldier was swift to respond. His large frame closed the distance between himself and Arsenio. When he drew his paws to a stop, he stood with his eyes averted and his features drawn into a pensive neutrality. There were no emotions on the scarred man’s face. This was the expression of a soldier facing a superior officer. The Arche had seen it many times from the shattered men of war.

I expect you know why I have called you, he said in his rugged voice. There were no assumptions on his words and his tone hung openly for Reyson to speak up.

My son has told me something… something that concerns me. My daughter also came to me in tears, fearful for the safety of her brother and herself. The redstone wolf shifted on his large paws. The glacial blue of his eyes was intent on the other man.

What happened?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was broken certainly, but he was not shattered and he would have taken offense in his current ire to the assumption of the male in front of him. His faculties were quite sound at the moment.

Your child and I had words, as we have had since I came back with you and Meadow. He hates me. I lost my composure and said things I shouldn't have, I apologized to the little girl that was there and then I took my leave. After that I don't know what he did or where he went.

The first time we had words was after I came back from finding Meadow and Germanicus in a compromising position. I was obviously upset. He told me to come with him. I did. He bade me clean the dirt, and blood and other nastiness upon myself, again I did. He told me he smelled it, obviously i knew what he meant, but I Didn't elaborate. He said She's not impervious to making mistakes. No one is perfect.

he continued Saying that conversation word for word. Then he went onto to the next one. And once he was finished again saying everything word for word including what he said to the youth, his tattered ears flattened.

I should not have lost my ire with him, it was a mistake. And I apologize for it. I don't know what i Did to offend him since the beginning, but apparently something in my personality deeply bothers him. Also he has a crush on meadow.

Paraphrasing because you were there :D but Reyson would repeat it word for word. He's a soldier. He would say everything he did say and what Antigone said and so forth.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
<3

As Arsenio listened to the man speak, he found that this mental sparring session had been going for some time. It sounded as though Antigone had a disliking for Reyson, but the soldier could not state why. He admitted to having lost his cool, to speaking harshly. There was an apology in his words. The man did not carry an ounce of emotion on his tongue.

The Arche was quiet, after Reyson had finished.

The chirping of birds could be heard overhead. The brush of wind through the trees, scattering raindrops and slush. The natural noises of the vale filled the air. And Arsenio did not speak.

When the blue-eyed man fixed his gaze on Reyson, it was not with anger. This was held beneath his tongue, in check. The redstone wolf would not allow himself to succumb to it. The confusion taunted his rage, but he was steadfast, and he offered a smile.

He is not wrong about some things, the man reminded him. I must meet your stories in the middle ground. Somewhere between what Antigone has told me and what you have told me. I was not there. And he is my son. This last sentence was made as a point. Glacial eyes did not flicker from Reyson’s face. The man did not want to punish him. He did not want to chase the soldier from the vale.

Arsenio felt at odds with himself.

The boy is different. His mind works in ways- He is not like others. You must exercise patience. I must ask this of you, Reyson. If you feel your composure will slip again, I’m afraid I will ask you to leave.

It wasn’t fair, no. The Arche thought of what he was asking. Epoch would be a place of retirement for the battleworn man. It was where his love resided. All Arsenio was asking was that he hold himself firm against the sharpness of Antigone. The boy would find himself again, would grow. Childhood crushes were fleeting things.

If what you say is true, he will see you as the competition. Even if he is a child. His mind is older and he is aware of this, I think. Boys and their pride-

Reyson should know better than most of these things.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson knew the man didn't want to be unfair, but he already was. There was something in teh soldier that didn't like this. Perhaps it was because he had punished his own daughter when she did something wrong as he would have punished any other soldier. He was able to put aside his emotions and look logically at the items and words in front of him. Clearly the Arche couldn't fully do so, but that neither here nor there.

The boy was not wrong about some things yes, but he was not right about many others. For instance the soldier was self-centered, pathetic, cold, scarred ugly, but clearly the man didn't care that his son could speak with cruel words and he would clearly do nothing to him. This irritated Reyson.

However he didn't let it show. Clearly the man felt he was hitting a middle ground, but he was doing nothing but laying the framework for his son to continue to do as he pleased. He was making another pharaoh. How hypocritical of the man. And with that some of the respect Reyson had held for him slipped a notch, and he realized this man had lost his trust. As did Tamar and all three of his children. No wonder he and Germanicus had gotten along, they were similar.

There was a quietness in Reyson at these thoughts. His words clipped, putting up the armor of a soldier. Arche wanted patience fine, then he would also not get emotions. I will be patient. I am aware, Sir. Had I realized it sooner than after words. I would have done things differently.

He allowed his true regret to show only in his next words before he would be done. I am sorry that I wasn't calmer and i let him draw a reaction from me. It was foolish.

Then he stood quietly saying no more. His distaste for the entire situation deeply unsettling. But he could put it aside, as he had done so many times before as he would again. But he would also stay to himself again. Oh he'd patrol the borders. He'd make sure they were safe, but he wouldn't seek them out.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The soldier’s response was crisp and carried no hints of emotion. Each word was spoken with care and avoided the feelings that may have fluttered around within Reyson. It was the response of a man who was cutting himself off.

Arsenio wasn’t a fool. He wasn’t blind, incapable of understanding what it might have felt like.

Reyson’s internal dialogue compared him to the Pharaoh.

If the Arche could have heard these thoughts, their conversation might have shifted into something more heated, something that lacked the forgiveness that was shared.

I’m not a dullard, Reyson. I can see your restraints. I can tell when a soldier is clipping his opinion.

Arsenio frowned and then shrugged his shoulders.

What would you do in my place? If your son claimed that a newcomer had hurt him. What would you do?

The redstone wolf lifted his head.

It is gracious that I would even hear your side of things. Gracious that I would not throw you from these lands without so much as a second thought, don’t you think? the Arche spoke with clipped words.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson said nothing, just listened. His answer was one he knew he would do. You could solve nothing without mediation. Because then the other parties could spread lies, just as it seemed the child was. He was sick to his stomach then. I would ask them together, they would not be allowed to go elsewhere, and then i would ask those around them and i would refrain from making assumptions. I would then hold a mediation and both would be punished and told to knock it off. What that punishment would be would of course depend on the age, the rank and the everything else. And I have done it before, wth my own daughter.

Reyson made a soft noise in his throat and he stared at the Arche disbelief in his eyes. He told you I hurt him? Why would he lie?! I wouldn't hurt a child.

Reyson took a step back, away from the Arche then. Eyes flashing hurt and a little bit of wariness. Then he shook his head.

He took a deep breath and stared at the Arche. Did you for a minute entertain the thought that I would hurt the boy? That i would hurt a child? And if you did do you still think that i would? And i would like the truth, Sir.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Antigone came to me and said that you struck him. He claimed that you beat his head against the ground, that his ears were ringing with the pain. He said that you might have done worse, if you had been given the opportunity.

There was one side of the story.

You claimed no such thing, of course. You said that there were angry words shared.

There was another side of the story.

But my daughter also came to me, in tears. My sweet little star- She was afraid, Reyson. She did not see any physical harm fall to her brother. But she was clearly worried that you were capable of something worse.

Reyson wanted a mediated trial, a conversation shared between the two of them. He wanted to know if Arsenio thought he was capable of harming a child. He demanded truth from the Arche. It was not without reason. The redstone wolf understood that this accusation was a serious one. He understood that the solder had been put in a difficult situation.

I do not know. Arsenio shrugged and breathed outward. I want to trust you. But I do not know you well enough to take your word and discard my son’s, my daughter’s. Both of them came to me with their fear. Reyson could feel whatever indignance he had. It would not change the fact that there were serious accusations at play, that there were things that needed to be ironed out.

You are quiet. You do not share. You spend your time near Meadow’s den and you patrol the borders, but I do not know you from a stranger. I do not know what you are capable of. I do not know the honor you bind yourself with. And unless you can demonstrate that you are worth trusting, you have no grounds to make demands of me. Is that clear?

The Arche was firm but did not offer his anger to Reyson. 

That is the truth you ask for. That is the the honest response.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson worked through everything that was said. Though the more he heard of Antigone the more he grew sickened.

You want to, but you don't. Was his flat response. He continued. And you probably won't, because you will not want to think of your children as liars.

An ear twitched. Then perhaps i Should leave. If your children are afraid of me, because of my appearance or my personality, then I shouldn't be in your pack lands. That is unfair to them. And if you feel this is the best recourse then I will leave, because sir I'm sorry but i doubt your son will only tell you that i struck him an no one wants to disbelieve a child.

I am quiet and I Do not share because the things that i have seen and done are not for children or peaceful's wolves ears. And that will not change. He shook his head.

He was not yelling, there was no accusation there. He was stating things as he saw them. As a matter of fact knowing me I will stay further away from you and yours. I will not engage even more. I will stick to the outskirts and just live in the quiet. Because it is peaceful and it is safe and there is no drama. I came here for peace, not for a child to throw me into a horrible position because he has a teenage crush on the woman that I have a relationship with. Did i scare your daughter i probably did and i did apologize to her and meant it and i apologized to you and meant it. And I would apologize to your son if i thought he'd take it. But he won't. You and I both know it.

It is clear, Arche.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
There is no peace in haunting these lands like a ghost.

Arsenio snorted at the earth.

Keeping to yourself, hiding away with your sadness and trauma, withholding your horrors because you feel it is the best course of action… that is not serving the land you pledge yourself to.

The redstone man had known that it would be a risk to allow such a seasoned fighter into Epoch. He had known that there would be challenges with the man, with his past and his feelings. It could not be expected that Reyson would be integrated into their folds without a bump here and there. Arsenio hadn’t anticipated a perfect outcome.

If you wish to become part of Epoch and if you wish to build your family in the vale, you cannot detach yourself from the wolves here. I have been understanding. I have been patient. I know that Meadow is important to you and that you are important to her. She is not the only one who serves this pack. When you are one of Epoch, you will work for all of Epoch.

Would they find a way to fix this?

A sigh passed from his lips. Arsenio shook his head, quiet, thoughtful. Reyson offered to leave. He repeated his apologies and stated that it may be best, if he was a fright to the children of the vale. The Arche did not think that he was listening closely. He did not need the obedient soldier’s response. He needed the man to understand what it meant to serve in Epoch.

Antigone is not excused from these expectations, either. But my son – though difficult – has worked to serve the expecting mothers, his sisters, and your love interest! Even in his supposed lies, he has not pushed himself away from the pack. He will be talked with. He will be properly reprimanded for his words. Do not forget you are the adult in this fight. If you cannot exercise patience with my children, I fear what you will show to your own.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson said nothing at first. I don't keep to myself, nor do i keep my issues to myself. I speak with Maxim and Towhee and Meadow. Even your wife Tamar knows of some of them.

Reyson met the gaze of the Arche for a moment and then looked away. I also didn't say that i wouldn't serve you. That i wouldn't keep your borders safe and your children safe and your livilihood safe.

Reyson shook his head. I already said I would be patient.

He understood what the arche was saying, but what Arsenio failed to understand was that his son had lied. Had told how many people those lies. And they would believe them. he would be painted as a child abuser and Arsenio didn't care. He didn't care that Reyson's truth.

The only thing that i absolutely hate, Arche is lies. I hate them with every single fiber of my being. And please don't make assumptions about how i would raise children. Is there anything else or is this matter at rest. And I will work on my issues.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It is all of our livelihood. Yours included.

Reyson was a soldier at heart. He carried the duties and personality of a soldier in his actions and his words.

The man asked if their business was finished. Arsenio regarded him quietly. There were other things that he wished to say, but he felt that he had exhausted his reasons to the soldier and that they would need to press forward to see how things changed. There would be no other way to keep Reyson and Antigone in Epoch, not without making an effort to soothe their ruffled emotions.

The Arche worried for his son. He worried at the prospect of Antigone having feelings for the healer woman. He worried what might happen if the boy continued to tell lies. Arsenio wished to speak to his wife and to hear her thoughtful words on the matter.

We are finished, for now. Go, see Meadow…

A faint wave of his tail. The icy eyes of the redstone man drifted to the thick of Epoch’s woodland.

Come find me if Antigone continues to pick fights with you. I will speak to him again, but I cannot have eyes upon the boy at all times. I will trust you to tell me if anything concerning happens.

It was an olive branch, no matter how short and stunted.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
It would take time for the man to release his rigidity. But he would try and he was doing better, though this was a set back.

Reyson nodded and turned away. I will. Nothing will happen except a lot of insulting from your son. I don't plan to say anything else.