Serpent Lake Sun & Sand
104 Posts
Ooc — Vami
All Welcome 
He came from lands far beyond as many a wolf before him had. He followed the creek, his steps sheer and swift. The air was dry and cool, the sun high and warming his back. Though he had not seen another wolf in weeks, when the sun shown its heightest in the afternoon, the lands blessed him. The creek fed into a lake, fitting with streams of waterfalls into pools. In the distance, open golden plains of sand and sunlight. He could smell wolves having frequently visited. Naberius had found a new home to call his own.
From the land of Sun & Sand, 
[Image: oasis-desert.gif]
83 Posts
Ooc —
Sanguinex took well to his role as mazoi. Each day comprised of several patrols, most of which were as uneventful as he could have ever hoped. But he liked it this way. While though still upholding his responsibilities, he wasn't required to have much social interaction, nor speak to anyone not of interest. But in reality, there never really was anyone of interest to him.

Someone soon came to view. Standing there with a blank expression, Sanguinex watched in a puzzled, curious manner. Did they belong to the mesa? He did not know. He didn't really know anyone here. It wouldn't be proper of him to scare away someone who had the right to be here, especially if they were close to the girl who was pharaoh.
104 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Naberius smelt of sand, sage and desert rose but it was not the rocks of the Mesa, nor did he hold the familiar scent of others in the pack he would mingle with- and Naberius mingled much. Perhaps he would come to know them soon. Perhaps he would call them friend or more. 

In these open lands, it was not hard to spot another when they came near enough, that their bodies appeared on the horizon. He was a white wolf with odd dark markings upon his face. 

Naberius smiles, happy to greet the stranger with a woof and waving of his tail, relaxed at his hocks behind him. Greetings, stranger! Come for a drink, have you?
83 Posts
Ooc —
This stranger was pleased to see the face of Sanguinex. How odd. He had never seen this, nor did he want to a time more.

You venture close to a land from which you do not belong. A warning, for now deathbringer knew the truth of their belonging. It was not of the mesa.

Why do you come this way? They had reason, or they did not. But Sanguinex would not accept the latter.
104 Posts
Ooc — Vami
I do. Naberius agreed to the others first set of words, backed with a hard edge and a harder stare. At the southern most extention of the Serpent Lake, he was not quite near enough at all to be intruding. Still, apparently close enough. 

Naberius lifts his muzzle high then, openly sniffing the breeze, just in case he had been mistaken as far as crossing borders went- he was not. 

Turning his head back down and to the stranger, I come from far. I left my lands of birth, chose a direction and walked it. The creek south led me here, where you have found me. No secret intention. No hidden motive. Would it be enough? I do not belong to any land here but perhaps, I might. 

He rose a brow, eyeing the man yet smile never wavered. It was still in the air whether this man would be of any use to Naberius and his ventures.
83 Posts
Ooc —
A timeline for answer. A story of a path once made and a new one sought. They wanted a place to belong. Sanguinex knew this feeling. He could sympathize, perhaps. But alas, it was not a decision he could speak for. He would not speak on behalf of the girl pharaoh.

Is it that you might want an audience from the one who could grant you purpose in this land? As she had done for him.
104 Posts
Ooc — Vami
A purpose? What is life without purpose? He questions back as he nods his muzzle in agreement to the pale wolf, but of course! This place is more beautiful then any else I'd seen in my two moons of travel. I think that i would lke to call it home. Further south, there was plenty of open land, maybe even more so than here. It was filled with red rock in places, golden plains and rolling sands for many, many miles. He enjoyed his home but the voyager was just that and wanted to see beyond the desert lands of home. 

But first, He would then add as he swept his paws over the rich earth near the lake's edge. I must learn of its people: its culture, its values, its laws. It would not do him much a favor if even though he enjoyed the lands, he did not get along with those he would be made to live with. 

I do not think I will meet this wolf yet. I want to make certain of my decision. so to no waste either of their time. I want to be first known not by my face or words, but by action. I will make offerings to your people, then I will return to be judged of value. He had decided. Is there any further information you'd like to offer me of your land?