Redsand Canyon Hellfire
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
All Welcome 
This thread is ALL WELCOME but preferably no more than two or three others if possible <3 Set for sometime after Mereo has disbanded and left the Canyon! @Callum for Ryder <3

Sovereign decided once more to explore beyond the claim on the Lake. 
She needed to think, to reflect...
Especially after the brief reunion with Maiken.

Adlartok was dead, gave his life for everyone else to escape...
The yearling ended up delving into the Canyon.

If her mother was still around, maybe Sovereign could have heard about the past, the original Saints and the claim that they had held here...
But, her mother wasn't here. 
Could not tell the stories to her, and so, the girl did not know what had once been here. 

All she knew is the remaining scents were unfamiliar and faded, if not gone completely.
The pale shieldmaiden understood that this place was a claim of some sort once, but...not anymore, if she was correct. 
If anyone other than herself was here, she was unaware in the moment. 

Sovereign paused somewhere in the labyrinth, taking a long moment to steady herself internally as her gaze flicked around her, attempting to keep an eye on her surroundings, just in case...
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
After finding the injured man and trying to help him, Callum explored the mountain range more, finding a canyon. And within this area, he spotted a massive white woman. Well, she actually didn't look much more than a girl, but her size was something to show. And her battle marks. She looked like someone he'd want to keep away from, but he was already pretty close to her, and he was worried it'd look like he was intimidated if he backed off, so he decided to take a deep breath, and approach her in a non-threatening way. "Hey, my names Callum. You look pretty cool, and strong." He said as a greeting, dipping his head respectfully even though he was most likely older than her.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The yearling's head snapped quickly towards the voice of another.
He was brown-furred, blue eyes like none she thought she'd seen before.

His greeting was kind, his posture non-threatening...
The girl was hesitant to lend him her trust, though, but she swayed her tail softly with an equally gentle smile,
"Thanks...uhm..." Gods, why the awkwardness?! 
"I look like my mother, I guess...but I have a long ways to go to be as great as she was..." 
The lack of confidence, it had to be glaringly apparent in this moment!

An awkward clearing of her throat. 

"My name's Sovereign." 
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"that's a really cool name. I'm sure your mother must look cool, just like you, if you look like her, and i'm sure one day you'll look as cool as her, if not, cooler." Callum said, offering her a smile. "You been around here very long? I'm pretty new." He said. "Still scouting the area, meeting the residents." He told her
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sov offered a small chuckle at his compliments, blushing slightly underneath her furs.
His inquiry then came, to which she responded -
"No, I haven't been in these mountains long. I am currently of a pack to the West, we are claiming a massive lake. But we don't...share words..." She explained, as if her phrasing might've been enough to be clear that the Lake pack spoke in body language and other feral vocals instead of speech. 
Would it be enough to imply these things?
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Callum cocked his head, not understanding. "You mean you don't share words with each-other? How are you a pack then...?" He asked, confused. He was about to ask about potentially joining but now he wasn't sure
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sov felt a pang of disappointment that he didn't understand yet. 
She would swallow it down and attempt to explain further.

"We use body language, and other vocals. It's...primitive, but it works all the same." She offered.
This young man seemed like a chill enough source of company...
The Warrior in her silently wondered about a spar, to keep herself in some sort of shape.

She thought about asking, but wasn't sure yet.
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Callum nodded. He understood now. "Does it reside around here?" He asked. "and if not do you perhaps know of other packs around this area?" he added, as he had still yet to scout fully and he had not found a pack yet.

Then he paused. "Sorry im asking a lot of questions and probably taking up your time. Is there anything you want to do or something?" He asked her, giving her a chance to finally lead the conversation.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sov shook her head "The lake is in the Flatlands, it is the largest body of water there that I've seen so far." She offered, "I don't know about any of the packs in this area. I'm from the Hinterlands, but, things...happened." She held astrained tone on the end of her sentence as if to silently say she didn't want to talk about it.
"I was training to be a fighter there, under my mom. But since I had to leave, I haven't found an opportunity to keep up on training, so, I'll have to train myself." She stated, ears slanting slightly at how daunting that suddenly sounded.

"Uh...would you like to? Spar with me, I mean? I promise I won't try to kill you." 
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Callum nodded as she spoke of the pack and her past location. "Thats fine, I'll scout around here some and if I can't find anything, I'll move on elsewhere to look for a pack." He said.

He eyed her in a playfully cautious way when she asked to spar him, stating she wouldn't try to kill him. "I'm down." He said. "Would we be using claws and teeth or just practicing moves?" He asked
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The girl nodded in acknowledgement of the man's words.
His intentions.
And then his agreement to spar. 

"Both." She answered to his question, "But not with intent to draw blood, of course." She added.
This would hopefully solidify the friendly nature of the event. 

We can start rolling in your reply or in my next, whichever or whatever suits you best, Ryder! <3
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
im on mobile rn so i cannot set up a thread rlly since i SUCK on mobile lmao so i’ll let you start with the rolls. jus tag me

Callum nodded. “Of course.” He said. He was pretty sure he’d just made a new friend and he didn’t want to ruin that by accidentally hurting her so he knew he’d be careful. He trusted her to do the same. 

He started to circle her as he often did at the start of a sparring match, awaiting her move.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sov rolled a 6 for damage in this thread!: https://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=55076

Sovereign smiled and put on her game face, allowing her head to fall level with her shoulders as she mirrored Callum in circling, tail held mid-height with focus as the pale girl began analyzing the brown man. 
She noted zero obvious weaknesses before. 
No favoring of any limbs, no limping, nothing.

He was smaller than her though, which meant he would likely be faster. 
She noted these things in the passing moments before, keeping her golden gaze on his face, she would burst forth at Callum, aiming to swing herself sideways in an effort to knock him in the flank with her own, if she didn't end up accidentally body-slamming herself into him.

It was a possibility, given the yearling did not yet know the full extent of her own strength and mass just yet - but that would come with time.
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Callum grunted, barely holding his ground as the much bigger girl slammed herself into him. That would bruise. He had to drop himself into a crouch to brace himself from the hit, and still half stunned, the most he could attempt to do was throw a bite towards her leg but he wasn't sure it would even connect

poor callum rolled a one ;-;
Callum HP- 24/30
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
She connected!
Rather harshly, which she didn't mean to do...
As Callum braced in a crouch and nicked her foreleg with his teeth, the pale behemoth aimed her teeth for the brown-furred man's scruff/cheek area whilst she was still up in his business.

She made sure to try and hold back this time, to assure she (hopefully) didn't draw blood from him or hurt him any further than the initial attack she had made upon him. 

Sov rolled an 8 :>
HP: 29/30
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Her bite probably wouldn't have caused as much damage if he hadn't moved. He moved up and kinda out away from her to guard his scruff but her teeth dragged up his cheek a bit and nicked his ear and made a decent mark, which instantly started to bleed. That would probably stick around for a while. His fur around his cheek protected him some, though there was some force behind her strike that did knock his jaw a bit.

Callum was less disoriented this time though and was able to regain himself quickly, throwing a bite towards her muzzle, attempting to catch his teeth on her face somewhere, but he was careful to avoid her eyes.

he rolled a 5
HP- 18/30
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
SOVEREIGN ROLLED AN 11 OOF -wheezing for Callum-
Sov HP: 24/30 if my math is correct

He moved to attempt to guard.
She felt her teeth graze through fur, cut up cheek and nick his ear.
She tasted blood on her tongue and let out an apologetic chuff just before he aimed his jaws for her face. 
A split second to decide-
Sov opted to move for his cheek furs again, as his teeth grazed her somewhere along her cheekbone area, aiming an attempt at catching him by the upper neck where she would try to take him to the ground.
In the effort though she would also be trying to make his potential fall as gentle as possible for a friendly spar. 

Hopefully it would be seen she was trying to reign in her brutish strength to ward further harm, though so far it seemed like Callum was being a pretty good sport about the accidental injuries...
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Callum grunted as the force of Sovereigns move thrust him backward. He heard her apolagetic chuff as she drew blood from him, but he could not make any noise in response as all the air was knocked out of him. He was pinned and he knew there was little he could do so he went for one of the oldest tricks in the books, hoping it'd work. He let himself go limp under weight, hoping she'd fall for it and release him.

If she did he would then surge upward, trying to use her force against herself to at least knock her backward. He tried to swipe at one of her legs as well in his best attempt to knock her down.

your math is right, callums at 7hp now and rolled a 7, this should be her last attack though less she gets like a 1-5. if he's got 1-2hp i'll have him give in instead of going to 0.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sov rolled a 5! Callum should be at 2 HP now????

She succeeded, hearing a light thud as Callum hit the ground.
He went limp however, and with lack of experience to know better, she released him, only for the man to surge upward and knock her backwards a few feet.
Sovereign coughed a bit before rushing him again, hoping to shoulder-check him with her brawn and send him, hopefully, stumbling in turn.
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Callum was thrust to the ground. Bleeding a bit and very battered, he was ready to give in. Sovereign had one. He attempted one last move though, trying to flip himself onto his feet and lunge at her leg, exhausting the last of his strength, in one last attempt of a strike. Then he flopped down and exposed his belly in a way to show he submitted.

he rolled a 7, last roll for him, no more attacks plz
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign wasn't sure she had won even by the time Callum had exhausted himself. 
It was his seemingly feeble bite for her leg that made her stumble forward, catching herself just in the nick of time over his exposed form.
She could hear herself panting, himself also worn from the spar. 

Now, she knew she had won.

A tired smile as the yearling righted herself and moved to allow Callum room to get to his feet, a well-meaning wave of her tail as she exhaled and eventually offered some words - 
"Apologies for any injuries I have given you, friend." 
The words were benevolent; After all, she had seen no reasons to be otherwise in this meeting.

"Are you okay?" She would decide to ask after a moment.

If I need to edit anything, feel free to ping me! <3
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"Yeah im fine, just some scratches a bruises." Callum said, getting to his feet. He felt a warm feeling when she called him 'friend'. "You seem really nice and cool, like I said earlier, Sovereign. I hope we can continue our friendship and run into each-other often. I am a bit too tired now but perhaps some other time we could meet and hunt?" He suggested.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Unknowing of the interaction that would surface in the coming days, Sov smiled and gave a nod, a joyful "Sure! That would be really nice." In agreement, acceptance, of his offer.
"Are you gonna go?" She asked after a pause, as if non-directly asking how close he'd be in the Mountains.
26 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"Yeah, I'm gonna explore the mountains some more now, looking for a pack. If I don't find one I feel is suitable though, I will head down the mountain and perhaps find a pack closer to you." Callum said. He liked his new friend and wanted to spend time with her.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
We can wrap here if you'd like Ryder!

Sov nodded in acceptance of his desires. 
She would not stop him.
"Travel safely." She smiled, tone genuine.
A small part of her wished to bless his travels by her Gods, but she did not, instead offering a playful, gentle nudge to his shoulder as she began to trot back into the depths of the canyon.