Stone Circle reiði
372 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
she had been meant to take a trip.

now kvarsheim swelled softly like an expecting mother and she found she could not leave it. especially not with @Sól in her sleeping place.

so she was back. tethered to her home once more. something about it gnawed and scratched at the back of her mind like a cage animal. riled with the feverish teenage angst that she had come to know — and perhaps in knowing that her responsibilities would never let her feel these things in full.

as such, it was an angry young woman in the dawn that morning.

one who stood at the side of the creek.

one who looked at herself and saw a stranger again.

where were the gods and goddess @Gunnar had spoken of? why did they craft everything with a grand care and leave her in their wake?

she had been here before.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
As with his entire life. Gunnar arose with the dawn and traversed the borders. He wasn't as jaunty or as fast as he had been once upon a time, but he was still doing his best to keep up the pack. He would make sure Bjarna had a place to come back too or die trying at the very least.

Though he was startled out of his thoughts by his dottr standing motionless and a frown between her eyes. He chuffed quietly and approached with hushed paws. Unsure what ailed her or if he would be received well.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
372 Posts
Ooc —
quickly she turned away from the water. wishing to no longer look at herself when another came close.

lest she see all the comparisons in-between again.

in a silent manner, she moved to press her face softly into her father's chest. a deep inhale of his scent. anything to keep him in her memories forever.

and ever.

when will you rest?

her voice a soft tease now, as she willed away her prior thoughts.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
A soft churl of greeting and he pressed his own nose between her ears and neck, a paw along her foreleg. He chuckled softly at her greeting and her teasing.

I rested all night long. he joked back and he had. The minute he had lain down, he had been out for the long haul.

He had almost glibly said when I am dead, but given his advanced age, that joke was no longer in good taste.
372 Posts
Ooc —
duh!

her voice held a sharper sense of humor now.

i mean when you settle? you work and work and work and — she rolled her head to the side softly. i am ready for the day when i can handle everything — and you rest.

not for herself, but for him.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Oh she was ready to take the reins. HE listened closely and eyed her. Then softly spoke. But don't you want to travel a bit, before you take over the pack?

He had no qualms he felt she was ready, but if she didn't feel the same, it would all be moot. But if she wished to take it over. He would gladly step aside, he was tired.

He hadn't wished to worry her, but it was getting to be a bit much on the old aged bones of his.
372 Posts
Ooc —
i—

her voice came out small and hoarse now. she sought to clear it with a gentle sound.

i...thought so. but kvarsheim grows again. there are faces that need me here more than i need to see things. i cannot leave you alone with them all!

and there was no hurt in saying this. only a soft sort of acceptance that all of this was hers. that kvarsheim would always be a part of her no matter what and she wished to keep it this way.

will you still teach me the common words? i need to speak more.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
These two give me life

Ears tweaked forward. He bent to lift her chin so he could gauge her expression. HE wouldn't have her forcing herself to do something she didn't wish too. He was not alright with that.

Perhaps we can teach you to be a scout, so that you can travel to other packs and still get a dose of seeing things, but still sticking to Kvarsheim? Would you like this?

He shifted, a soft crack in his back making a noise. But it hadn't hurt. Just a creak that was normal anymore.

I will teach you.
372 Posts
Ooc —
i will always belong to kvarsheim.

even if she had wandered she knew she would have come back. she would always come home. especially as long as gunnar stood here still.

i will never leave the valley, i think.

it seemed impossible now.

somehow.

even if she had dreamed of it but days ago.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar held up a paw, and looked her over with sage expression. You must remember that Kvarsheim belongs to you, not that you belong to it. I will not have you burning yourself out for a plot of land that takes all from you. That is not how it should work.

He blinked at her with steel gray eyes. And you must promise me that you will not lose your sense of self for this place. No matter what. When I am not here anymore. You must promise me this.

He hugged her tightly hoping she realized he wasn't not being cruel. But he wouldn't have her lose that which was her own, because of a place.
372 Posts
Ooc —
she found herself at a crossroad.

then wandered down the wrong path of it, in hopes of soothing the soul of a father. lest she wake up one morning and found it was too late to do so.

it is not about land.

it was, in a way.

and i promise. always. forever.

she could do not such thing, but he did not need to know. would not know. only she now tucked herself back into his chest with misted eyes.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
He didn't know if she was lying or not, but he couldn't demand more of her. It wasn't his way, nor was it kind. And he hadn't meant to upset her about his age. But well he wasn't young and he knew very well despite how he felt. He could go at any time.

Thank you. was his soft whisper.

Then he cleared his throat. What of the common language do you wish to learn of first?
372 Posts
Ooc —
i think...i think i should know how to properly ask and answer common questions. it is silly, i know! but i still struggle.

not for lack of trying!

somehow things had not stuck as well as she hoped.

perhaps the overwhelming blossom of stress and responsibilities in her life.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Oh my goodness. Her Avatar makes me squee <3 i love it

He tilted his sandy ears forward and nodded his head. He could understand. It was hard to ask such things.

What can you offer Kvarsheim. He said it in icelandic and then also in English a couple times. So she could understand. He wouldn't over load her with words today, but he would do his best to give her a foundation to stand on.

English was hard. There was no way about it. If you were learning a new language any was better than this one. He felt this to be true.