Moonspear If you want to, I can be just like you
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
open to anyone housed within the lodge!

As of late, Nasamik had been quite clingy, hovering close to @Chakliux when he was not out hunting or doing otherwise.

Often, to better her mood, she would spend time with her lodge son @Quennell. They would speak on various topics, play small games, or do what work within the lodge that she could manage. 

@Kannoyak was often around as well. They would converse on occasion, but not too much. 

Company from outside the lodge would often be turned away. Doused with exhaustion, she would spend her spare time sleeping or dozing in the sun. 

She was days away and she knew it, often woken with sharp pains and irritable groans. The little devils couldn't wait to be freed from her womb, and neither could she wait for them to come out. Even with how excited she may have been, they brought her great discomfort and even greater impatience.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
798 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux was not ready.
as nasamik's sides grew, the seal hunter became silent. as her sleeping body was rounded and warm against his own, he felt the kick of the children within and felt himself distant.
to be a father was a great thing. it was a blessing.
to be husband too was something to be celebrated.
but chakliux had wanted another year to be neither.
he hunted near daily. nasamik did not want for meat or pelts. but his words were few as the man was inside his head very often. his wife's need for him frustrated the man.
he watched her sleep, watched the gravid curve of her body rise and fall in slumber. soon his children would come. their children. soon this lodge would be filled with their voices.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Eyes peering open, they found the man that was Nasamik's husband staring down at her. It took her a moment to fully wake and register his form, but when she did, she smiled lovingly towards him. Of all that would endure her sour wrath, he would not often be one.

Slowly, she worked herself upward, pushing to a sit before standing shortly after. It was a lengthy process just to stand. Who would have thought?

Nasamik made her way towards her husband, brushing against him affectionately before gently tucking her head beneath his chin. I can see the many bodies and pelts you bring back to our lodge. You work hard, husband. But you mustn't strain yourself. He had only just finished healing. She could not see him in that foul state again.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
798 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
more than once had chakliux wondered if the likes of alaric or kannoyak would have been better for nasamik.
but they had chosen one another.
he met her gently, pressing forehead against her own with a chuckle. "a seal hunter does not cease his hunting," chakliux grunted. "i will be careful."
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Tsk, tsk. The ways of the seal hunter, those he always fell back on.

Seal hunter is mighty and skilled, She assured him. But you must still take time to indulge in other things. Even though some of these indulgements could not be partaken in, regardless if both had the want for it.

Come, walk with me.. Give your mind a rest. Nasamik urged, body leaning against him as if to lead him out of the den. This would also give her a chance to stretch her legs. Something she direly needed.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
798 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
he did not want to rest! but chakliux did as nasamik bid, a small smile touching his scarred face as he looked at her loveliness and the fertility of her body. 
she was already a good wife. she would be a good mother as well.
he supported her weight out into the cold sunlight. "where shall we go?"
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Anywhere but here... Words spoken through an exasperated breath.

Against him, she leaned, but remained careful of just how much pressure he could support. 

After so long, the lodge becomes too stiff and dim. Even despite this cold air, she would not retreat so quickly back into the fold of the lodge. This was what she needed.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
798 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
he grunted in understanding.
days of sunshine, even weak, had melted the snow from the corners of the clearing. little purple crocuses had started to bloom. chakliux motioned to these as they passed from the lodge.
"how is your back?"
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
More questions of her wellbeing. 

Ugh. The one thing she wanted to be rid of... the reminder of the pain.

It feels as if I am being crushed by a tree. A comment meant with humor, but there was none to taste upon her tongue.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
798 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux grinned. "those sons of mine mean to be out, and soon," he declared, kissing her cheek with gracious impulse.
"tell me how to make your body stop its ache," he asked then, and earnestly, not thinking that nasamik would want him in that way so close to the end of her pregnancy.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Sons, he assumed them to be. But it mattered not to Nasamik what they were. Only that they came healthy and strong.

Chakliux asked in what way she could be soothed. But even she did not know. Yet, she would still tease. I'm not sure even you could appease the aches, A soft, playful purr, should nudging his own without fully pressing with her entire body.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
798 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
his eyes were wide.
"is it safe for me to try?" chakliux did not think so, but wished truly to be sure! for if nasamik said otherwise, he would apply himself quite well to this resolution.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
He had offered to try, questioning her to see if the time was right to do so.

Nasamik considered it briefly, clinging to a feeling of desire heightened by her current hormonal changes. 

But then there was the worry she held. What of the children inside of her? Even if it was safe, she did not want to risk them if only to appease her longings.

Softly, she shook her head, cheek seeking his own. The risk is too great. Let us just keep walking. It will pass, surely. 

The aches, but perhaps not that burning longing. But yet, they had all the time after the children were born to return to that.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
798 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
fade or keep going? <3

it was not to be, and chakliux ate his dismay. he would not allow it to show. "then we will wait." privately he wondered if he would be able to do this, and thought again of a thing his mind had circled.
and then he devoted his thoughts to nasamik, of the children within. "i wish that i had seal fat to feed you," chakliux lamented with a loud sigh.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She knew that he would be disappointed, just as she was. But it was a relief that he would agree. 

Seal fat! A distracting thought.

A small laugh bubbled from her. Why... do you intend to make me even fatter?... And more heinous, I might add! Only a tease, truly. Though, perhaps she did still have reservations regarding her current appearance.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
798 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"i intend to make you round!" he declared in a suggestion. "it is for all of you, to strengthen their bones, to make you strong for birth. i listened to my mother," he boasted, teeth showing in a grin. "i know some of what is secret to you women."
chakliux smoothed the cheek of nasamik. "you are like sun upon snow. do not put this from your mind."
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Round, She mimicked, sighing with hint of a rasped giggle. Another word to replace fat. Another tease. But now, the thought that it were true in that sense no longer lingered.

The complimenting words and soft touch he gave were enough to smooth her worries.

She returned it with a soft lick, leaning a bit closer for support. Her legs were quickly growing tired with so much weight to carry. It was pleasing to have some relief.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moontide
First Warrior
798 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
chakliux kissed her forehead, feeling closer to nasamik as the day of the birth came close.
he would remain with her here, and then support her back to their lodge. for now he only watched the light play along the eyes of his wife, and he though himself a spirit-blessed man indeed.