Gyrfalcon's Keep Like The Ocean's Tide
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
338 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Large blunt claws and tightly wound body. Skirted and shifted through the lands he now called home. Red eyes darted from shadow to shadow, as his breath came out foggy in the late evening air. Spring was coming, but it wasn't quite here. A low rumble deep in his chest as he moved, nothing threatening, just a noise to break the silence.

He left fur on trees and claw marks in the dirt. He lifted leg to stones and left water at caverns. IT was a bigger place than he had realized and though he hated the bloody loud birds, he was growing used to them. After just a few days all their noises were already fading. He would need to remember not to forget they were there though, for that would be the day they'd attack. He briefly thought of any children. Would they be safe up here?

Then he shook scarred head, tattered ears moving to and fro. That didn't bear thinking on.
Dreven is a mature character. He is often filled to the brim with suggestive words, comments and the like. He also swears a lot. If you cannot hand this, or if it makes you uncomfortable, please don't hesitate to send me a pm and I will try and tone it down for our thread.
28 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ajaw’s scent had led to this coast but Flecha had diverted some.  There were others to protect, but their role was also in gathering information to be used.  A fresh claim was laid nearby and these lands were strange.  She would seek conversation with those who might know it.

She wished to learn of these heathens, their godless ways… or the false gods to whom they sang unanswered prayers.

Are you a warrior of this land?  The words were stilted as she approached and stood in a soldier’s at ease, watching the man as though she were studying an interesting plant.

He looked to be a warrior.  This did not mean he had the skills to claim such.
Kukulkaan is welcome in all threads and has permission to powerplay at any time.  She obeys their word in all instances - exceptions may arise, but only in life-threatening circumstances.  Other holcan are welcome to minor assumptions/powerplay.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
338 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven was not expecting a new face to arrive, nor was he entirely pleased about it. But he wasn't here to make friends. He was here to protect the wolves of the Keep, because Atka was there.

Red eyes met her's with a bold stare. I am.: Came the deep rumble. Brown's like him, though not as dark. He shifted his position to mirror her stance and returned her study.

Well built, she would prove hard to best, but he doubted he couldn't figure out something if the occasion called for it. Soldiers were all well and good. But there was something to be said for those that had fought to survive their entire lives. He didn't have to live by the rules and rigidity that they had too, and as a result he could absolutely fight dirty if need be, and there was no shame in him for taking a life. It didn't have to be for honor or glory, he could just dislike the being. And that was what set him apart from so many others. Because he was only out for himself, and now Atka.
Dreven is a mature character. He is often filled to the brim with suggestive words, comments and the like. He also swears a lot. If you cannot hand this, or if it makes you uncomfortable, please don't hesitate to send me a pm and I will try and tone it down for our thread.
28 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It was tempting to test these words but she had no reason to intercede on his claim.  Information was of more use and she too was more useful if sound and whole.

Who do you follow?  Whose words or speaking guides you? She would like to know, god or otherwise.
Kukulkaan is welcome in all threads and has permission to powerplay at any time.  She obeys their word in all instances - exceptions may arise, but only in life-threatening circumstances.  Other holcan are welcome to minor assumptions/powerplay.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
338 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven actually probably would have relished the physical versus the theretical. He felt a bit stretched thin lately, and would need to find an outlet soon enough. It had been far too long since he had pushed himself to new heights.

I follow Asvoria of Hljóðrfell.

he didn't know her gods. Honestly if it was information this wolf was after. She should have picked anyone besides him, because he was only here because Atka wanted to be and he liked the area. A simple beast to his core.
28 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All of these words were unfamiliar to her.  She flicked an ear, slightly impatient not with him but with her own limited understanding.  She was not yet familiar enough with how those outside of Tikal managed their affairs of war and domain.

She had tried to engage her mother to teach her more, but the woman was not a patient mentor nor a doting parent.  She’d seen little of Manauia after entering the guard and had little time to seek her own pleasures.  Her life now belonged to her regency.

Is this a god who walks among you?  Were they a mortal being or divine?  She had no entitlement to answers from him but continued as if she did, sensing that he was not immediately threatened by her presence.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
338 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven didn't know if this woman didn't know the common language. If she didn't, he couldn't really help her. Not really. He knew no language but his own. He knew of many gods, of prayers and tribulations. he knew of stars and stories, but not language.

He shook his head. Flesh and blood and bone.

She was a priestess, but he wouldn't share this. It was no one's concern. And this wolf though she didn't threaten him. She didn't need to know everything about their pack.
28 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
For flesh and blood to command a warrior as yourself, they must be impressive.  The flattery rolls off with ease that does not ring false, but also carries no warmth.  It could almost have been a question and yet lacked the inflection to indicate.

She did not care much about the answer.  She cared more for this one.  Is yours the only claim on these shores?  I seek to avoid unnecessary trespass.

A half truth.  She wished to know more of the numbers of those who dwelt here.
76 Posts
Ooc —
hope you don't mind me slapping her in here!

Dreven had not been here long, but he was quick to put himself to work. Asvoria had not been naive, nor neglectful to be attentive towards her newest asset.

When she could hear the voices within the wood of the keep, she moved close, eventually moving to stand at the side of Dreven. Side by side, their sizes were of great difference and it showed. But the priestess was not ashamed to claim such a powerful individual as her own.

If there are settlements nearby, we are unaware of it. We are a new claim, so as of this point in time, we concern ourselves only with what we intend here. She spoke warmly, but a silent hint of warning was unabashedly placed. Strangers are welcome here if invited or if request is made to walk this land. This a sacred land of learning and rebirth.

After observing this woman for a moment, Asvoria tilted her skull curiously. And to where is it do you intend to travel? If you seek safeguard from us, I assume it is through and beyond the keep?

Old Norse | Common Tongue
— —
Hover over text for unknown tongue translations.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
338 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven would have possibly balked at the thought of anyone claiming him other than Atka, even if it was in the most basic way and had no implications. IT was just something that chafed lately with him. He was certain he'd never belong to anyone but himself ever again.

Dreven shifted and curled his ears forward and to the side. Quiet for now. He was simply here now to keep Asvoria safe. He had no need to say anything more. Though he listened closely wondering.

Crap guys i'm sorry for some reason I thought flecha was next not Dreven.
28 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
no worries! I’ve been slow with her, so we can wrap this if you like!

Sacred land.  The Holcan scoffed internally at the notion of it.  No land that the earth did not speak through the Ajaw’s understand could be considered such, for they’d already said no gods walked here.  She cared little for their intangible superstitions.

True gods spoke their own words and fought their own battles.  Ajaw bled as the rest of them and in this showed their sacrifices were understood.

I only wished to know about your claim.  I don’t seek to enter it.  She replied dismissively.  We will settle somewhere upon these lands.  I am to ensure we are well situated when we do.  She lifted her head slightly, though did not openly challenge with her gaze.  Tikal is a pack of warriors.  Would yours have anything to offer us, when the time comes?  The Ajaw is not against alliances.

She was confident in making this practice for them.  They would hear her counsel, so long as this “spiritual land” had something worth leveraging.
76 Posts
Ooc —
This woman would not enter further, nor would her people. She only wished to be sure of this place, what it had to offer, and what potential threats lay in store. 

But they had none here.

We too are a pack known for our revered warriors, but also for knowledge of our many gods and goddesses, and our crafts and stories.

If this woman's people were at all the same, perhaps both packs could become closer with one another.

Old Norse | Common Tongue
— —
Hover over text for unknown tongue translations.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
338 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven wasn't entirely thrilled with the woman's tones and she bothered him the more she spoke. There was something off. He had learned early on to trust the gut that spoke. IT had gotten him out of more situations than he'd like to admit, but he said nothing. Merely listened. So they were warriors were they. Well Dreven was no lightweight.