Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
Fox's Glade
Sunset
Light Showers
@Kukulkaan or maybe @Sabah ?
Takes place after This

Ikaros was greeted with the thinning rays of sunset stretched across the closing sky; gold and purple mixed between shades of scarlet, their light painted in a beautiful mess. He had taken a much needed nap after meeting Tauris, and feeling rested he blinked the tiredness away from dreary eyes before slowly ambling upward to stretch. His bones cracking as if they were old, muscles writhing, and jaw opened in a yawn. 

Rays of light cast his shadow against the grey rockside, stretching it as if he were a great beast. He looked at it, lightly amused and thought of the tales told back home. Mothers warning their straying pups to stay inside upon sundown less a beast gobble them up. He snorted, realizing how false it was now despite the terror that coursed through him back then. 

His mother was always telling stories for some reason or another. Most were to teach a lesson—a warning. Some were to sleep to, lulling and soft. He always liked when she did, and he realized now how deeply he missed such a small thing. 
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

they venture outside the suntouched canyon they lay claim to for tikal with @Sabah ever close; their partner in these trips outside of tikal's developing borders in continuous search of the few holcan not yet reunited.

the sun's golden rays are warm upon ajaw's back as they pace ahead, though the assured footfalls of holcan, remain never too far behind.

such was the way of the holcan, regardless of which sister accompanied ajaw.

their pace slows as the scent of a stranger enters flared, black leathery nostrils.

frostbound gaze finds the stranger moment later.

a small gesture for their holcan to hang back, given with their muzzle is followed shortly thereafter by the low chuff to announce their presence to the stranger.

kukulkaan & my writing are entirely experimental.
can be assumed he is speaking in yucatec mayan to his holcan; mayan will be denoted as speech. any of the holcan is welcome in all of ku's threads.
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
It was a small sound that turned the young boy's ear, then head, pale wide eyes glancing up to clash with ice.

A grey coated stranger, tall and wide stood a few distances away, and taking note Ikaros lowered his head in a defensive hello.  The fur along his spine rose with uneasiness at the collective smell. This was a pack wolf, no doubt and his friends were  close.

"Hello." He called, voice slightly wavering. 
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

hello.

a speaker of the tongue of many.

ajaw watches as the stranger's head lowers in defense. from the distance betwixt them, ajaw does not take note of the bristling guardhairs.

this one greets you, the tongue of many is heavy as it falls from betwixt their lips; honeyed and syrupy thick.

the words of the tongue of many tasted strange, ajaw would argue!

can be assumed he is speaking in yucatec mayan to his holcan; mayan will be denoted as speech. any of the holcan is welcome in all of ku's threads.
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
So sorry for the late reply!! Got wrapped up a bit irl, I appreciate your patience!

Ikaros takes note of the stranger's manner of speech—odd and foreign under the guise of common tongue. Pale blue eyes narrow slightly in confusion, and though the tone seems friendly enough to put others at ease Ikaros maintains his distance and defensive appearance. 

"What may I do for you, stranger? Am I on your land?"
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney
no worries! real life always comes first! <3

there is a defensiveness to the other male that remains, ajaw notes.

no, this one does not claim this land, ajaw replies. this one is simply seeking. with this young man, ajaw knows they will not find their still roaming holcan.

Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
"Seeking? Seeking what, exactly?"  His thin gold tail raises suspiciously, becoming more unnerved by the minute. The wolf ahead is readable as a rock, and Ikaros doesn't like that.  

"Are you friend? Or foe?" His age is showing, gullible in an attempt to take a stranger at their words.
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

the boy is on an edge that prickles at ajaw. that makes the feathered serpent wish to leave him with the nugget of advise to not immediately be so suspicious of everyone he comes across.

but ajaw doesn't. it is not their place.

this one seeks this one's holcan. the group that has traveled with this one to these wilds. if knowing the full reason put the younger male at any sort of ease: than so be it.

friend or foe?

if only the world was so cut and dry, ajaw thinks.

this one is friend.

Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
"Holcan? Is that like, a pack?" The boy tips his head to the side, neck stretching out as if the see around the tall stranger. "Those two with you- are they one of them?" His curiosity was peeked.

"I'm Ikaros- whats your name?"
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

no, the holcan are not a pack, though their inner rankings were intricate and could be considered a pack within a pack, operating at a level of power just under ajaw themselves. separate and yet together.

they are a sisterhood of women warriors. the best that the rio bec and these wilds has to offer. and ajaw adored them: every last one.

yes, they are. they seek their sisters with this one.

ikaros.

this one is called kuhul ajaw. their godname, as always, left unspoken; known only by a very select few.

Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
 Ajaw had said many words, most of which was lost on the boy. And though he didn't attempt to repeat for fear of butchering, Ikaros nodded in return. 

He's still uneasy about the stranger, and the silence is getting awkward. 

"I have to go now, Nice meeting you." He calls before turning around to mosey off his rocky throne.