Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
Rodyn's checking in with everyone. Only if you have the time <3

Rodyn would be lying if he said he wasn't absolutely excited that @Mojag had joined them. Whether it was for a long time, or simply a small time. He didn't care. He was just glad to have the young man with them. Mojag had been one of the first wolves Rodyn had met and that memory lived within him, it was one of his dearest memories and he had hope. That Mojag would find that little happy boy he had been again, here near the ocean and the trees.

He held upon his shoulders a caribou skin for Mojag. Whether he used it for a den or a sleeping place he didn't matter. It was for him to do as he pleased. A gift for the youth for coming along with them on this journey. He would need to go see Shikoba soon too. She would be having children soon and Rodyn wanted to check in on her.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Loner
228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Mojag had taken it upon himself to get to know the northern-most areas of the plateau. The village had taken the greenest areas for sleeping places, herbal stores, and the like; but it was the sea that drew him close, and the beach which gave him purpose. He wanted to know everything about this place before he set to teaching anyone, and could be found studying the various things found there.

For now, he was focused on a small tide pool set against a pock-marked, barnacled ledge of slate. The tide was rolling out, leaving a natural staircase of this dark rock exposed to the open air. It was dark and slick with water, except where the barnacles clustered. Mojag was trying to find a way to pull a large stone free, certain something lived beneath it, but the barnacles were hard to grasp; they were sharp, and stung at his gums.

When Rodyn appeared, Mojag relented. He sank back a step and panted openly, licking his lips and tasting the salt there, and passed a wolfish smile to the man. It was then the boy saw what was being carried, and so he moved to intercept Rodyn further up the beach where the sand was soft.

What is this! He called out as he got nearer, seeing the hide. The boy looked ragged from his exploration; his fur hung in salted clumps, ratty and disheveled, but for a change his face was bright, and he looked more like a wild man than the chubby boy he had been, already.

You did not need to bring me a gift, Rodyn! I am happy merely to be of help to you. He was out of breath, but thankful.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Mojag had taken no time in getting himself used to the plateau and the sea beyond. It gave Rodyn gladness to his heart to see the young man exploring and filthy full of mud. There was a spark to him again and it did his heart good. He must invite Shikoba to see this.

Rodyn couldn't quite see what was being done. Though he wondered if he could help in someway. Perhaps find a way to remove the things that clung to the rock face like burrs. He wasn't sure, but he'd think on it. Maybe something sharp, a stick? Did they pop off easily?

A soft chuckle. I want you to have a soft place to lay your head while you're with us. And you deserve it. You are offering to teach us things we didn't know or at least I Didn't.
Loner
228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The hide was in good condition, and well tended. Perhaps it had been dried and cured by Samani? She was certainly capable, being the daughter of the skilled moonwoman of Moonglow; and to think that Rodyn was equally skilled in the hunt, as he was likely the one to fell the beast! It was a valuable thing to give away and Mojag did not think himself worthy of it - but he would accept it, as that was expected of him. To give a boy such a thing was quite an honor, he thought.

I will build myself a sleeping place and use it. It will be well tended, I promise. He would not let the hide go to waste! That said, Mojag wasn't sure where he would be building an ulaq, if he built one at all; he hadn't thought of it since his arrival. His focus was on his studies, and in preparation for the work to come with the others of the village. When he slept, if he slept, it was beneath the open sky - a habit formed within Moonglow prior to his dispersal.

How have things been since taking the village? He asked next, graciously taking the hide and draping it across his damp shoulders with some care, so that he could carry it while they talked. I admit I do not know what work there is, ah, when building a new home. Moonglow was old when I was born. Or that's how he'd always seen it: some great and established village with many wise older wolves. He hoped Moontide would last so long.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Wouldn't Mojag be surprised to find out that it had been Rodyn who had tended and cured the hide. It had been his goal to learn everything about his trade and that included the work that was perhaps distasteful for some men, but not him. He would not ask Samani to bear that responsibility alone. That didn't a partnership make, or so he felt anyway. Could it be her's mostly of course, but he would help when he could.

Rodyn chuckled. I thank you and you honor me by accepting my gift. Have you found yourself a place to settle? Met the others? I think you may get along with Heph, she has seen much of the wilds.

Rodyn nodded. It was very busy work, but we did well. You mark borders, dig caches and dens. I tried to hunt as well to make sure they were filled. ALso recruitment takes up time.
Loner
228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Mojag wasn't sure if he should mention his sleeping arrangements; it felt weird to ask about what everyone else was doing. He had not sought out where the ulax might be located. So, at Rodyn's query he answered with a non-commital shrug.

As for the rest: I haven't really tried to meet anyone yet, except... Samani, who I knew already; it must be nice to have so many friends joining you from Moonglow. They no doubt made the work easier, Mojag presumed.

If there's anything you want me doing - I mean aside from exploring the beach, or whatever - feel free to tell me. Mojag wanted to be a good and useful member of society.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had slept outside most of the time before his engagement to Samani. So this he understood. He wouldn't have judged the boy for it. He knew some wolves that still preferred the outside. Void he was fairly certain slept outside, or at the very least in a covered spot, not a cave or den.

It was nice, and I wasn't expecting it. To know that others would consider us worthy to help with this. It was both exhilarating and humbling and I thank my lucky stars daily for it.

Just meet the others. Patrol when you can. If you hunt for yourself, try and grab something extra for a cache. That's all. I am sure we will have more later, and of course I want you to begin teaching me of the ocean :) .
Loner
228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
There wasn't much to add that Mojag hadn't already heard, and so he just nodded and smiled. There was always something to do - and maybe it would be easier for everyone if he just did it without asking so many questions? That would certainly ease any headaches along the way.

Alright! I'll do my best. At whatever it was he'd choose to do each day.

The boy tugged at the caribou skin and adjusted it where it sat on his back, now, so that it wouldn't fall. I'm going to go find a place for this! Thank you again, Rodyn.

Although the hide was going to smell distinctly oceanic by the time Mojag found somewhere for it, he'd do his best to clean it up after. He gave the other man a farewell nod and sauntered away with his gift, tail waving happily.