Swiftcurrent Creek This is temporal, all we have is our temperament
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Reverie darted through Swiftcurrent Creek in a blind panic, trailing blood all the while. It ran down her thighs in thin trickles, not enough to constitute an emergency but enough to make her lose all composure. She wanted to be alone. There was no one, no one she trusted to be near her right now. Perhaps once it might have been Lestan, but weeks of worry and silence had chipped away at her image of him. She did not want him, and if he had tried to pursue her, had warded him off with faint snarls and flashes of teeth.
Entirely unlike her, but Reverie was not at all feeling herself.
She caught the scent of @Arric as she sought a hiding place, but paid it no mind. She didn't want him, either. Reverie found a hidden place to tuck herself away, between the large roots of a very old tree, and anyone who approached would be met first with a low growl.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Swearing

Arric had returned from his daily meditation and it was with a moment of panic he found blood. HIs stomach rolled and he looked around, blue eyes searching searing. A low rumbling growl constant in his chest. It smelled like Reverie. Had those bastards came back or her brothers. So with large ungracious paws, and a  constant growling in his throat he followed the blood trail. And it was there that he was met with a growl in return. He smelled no one else, but he couldn't quite calm the fur of his ruff or the constant horrific sounding growl that made it's way in his chest and stayed like a burr.

Rev? He spoke, his words coming out clipped and cold. This was not the voice of a friend, but rather the leader he was. what happened? Really his thought was who do i have to motherfucking kill, because i will do it. But he didn't say that. Instead he just waited. She wanted to draw his blood so be it.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie was, for the moment, a creature reduced to fearful instinct. Arric's approach did nothing to soothe her; by the time he greeted her she had backed herself all the way into the corner of her hiding spot, all bristling golden fur and bared teeth, tail tucked tightly against her. He was questioning her, but she hardly registered it. For a few moments the only thing she could do was growl at him, a low and sustained note that eventually broke off into a whine as some part of her finally recognized his authority and bent under it.
Just - leave me alone! She managed, hackles still rippling, and started to sob in earnest. She buried her face in her own forelegs to hide the tears. As long as Arric maintained a healthy distance, Reverie would slowly start to calm, but if he came any closer it would be met with teeth.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Swearing

Her reaction was instant. She was all fur and fangs and growls and he snarled right back, but he didn't move. She was in an emotional place, but she couldn't attack a leader. It just wasn't how this was done. Did he hate that he had to be such, absoeffinglutely, but it needed done, because she was beyond reason at this moment.

He settled to his haunches right where he was. He didn't move closer or further back, stayed firm in his position. A raise of a wolfish brow. Well that's not fucking happening. You can forget that. I can wait here all damn day Rev. I have the patience of a godsdamn saint.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Rev is such a pissbaby lmfao I'm sorry
Reverie did not like that answer. She trembled fiercely but didn't look up, only curling into herself more tightly. Arric said he would wait all day. Then you will, Reverie told him not in words but in sullen silence as she calmed and quieted. She wouldn't answer him for quite some time. No part of her wanted his company, or anyone else's. Increasingly she just did not trust anyone. She blamed Lestan for this, him and this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad pregnancy. Mostly Lestan. Out of everyone it was him who she had most wanted to trust, and he had made it impossible. The hormones were just making it worse, she thought.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric shifted and then settled to his belly. Pulling at the burrs and tufts of fur as he shedded. For all outward appearances calm and collected. But inside he was unsure and upset and wished she'd speak up. 

Arric truly didn't understand what had happened. The smell of iron on the air made him even more anxious, but he'd wait hopefully it wouldn't end badly for waiting.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
The bleeding had stopped at some point, but Reverie had been too panicked to notice. She was aware of it now though. Soothed somewhat by this knowledge, she eventually found it in herself to inch closer. Reverie crept from her spot among the roots, belly to the ground, as close as Arric would let her. She rested her head between her paws and whined, ears pinned. Submission in full, an apology for the aggression she'd shown him. He was her leader, after all.
I'm sorry, She was so ashamed she could hardly look at him. I don't feel like myself... It was so strange, so difficult to describe. Reverie felt as if she had become a stranger to herself, and wondered if those around her saw the change in her too. Maybe this wasn't the best time for introspection, but...
Honestly, she didn't want to deal with trying to explain to Arric where she had been bleeding from and why.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He lifted his head as she moved closer. The picture of submission and docility. He lay large head to large paws so he could meet her eyes.

No apology necessary this time.

He took a deep breath, his own ears moving and pinning and bsck up. Unsure how to ask her. Finally he just dove in.

I know it may not be any of my business. But are you okay. I smell..well blood and did your brothers come back or the gang or do we need to find a healer. Is something going wrong with umm. Your pregnancy?

Now that he was calmer he saw no wounds so he surmised that no one probably attacked her but was it so wrong if some part of him hoped they had so she didn't have to deal with a pregnancy that wouldn't make it to fruition.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
This time. Reverie realized that she did not know if she could promise that this wouldn't happen again. She felt as if she might break apart at any moment like the snapping of something tightly-wound. Unsettled, she pushed the thought away. It could not happen again.
I don't know if something is wrong or not, She said forlornly, answering his question in a roundabout way. I just - started bleeding, and - it could be normal, or it could be abnormal, I don't know! Reverie started to cry again.
My mother almost died when she had me, She said quietly, plaintively. I'm afraid. It was not even death that she feared; it was the circumstances, the complete lack of dignity in all of this.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: swearing

Arric didn't know what to do. This was so out of the realm of his comfortability, but he had told her he'd see her through all this. That he'd help where he could. As a friend and as a leader. But damn.

Arric took a breath. Alright Rev. You know your body better than anyone and you trained as a healer. So you tell me. Does it feel normal? Cause it sure as shit doesn't seem normal.

He choked up at her words. Ah Rev. he moved forward to bundle her to him if she'd allow. A friend comforting a friend. Cause he didn't know what else to do.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She was more than happy to tuck herself in his embrace, a warmer hiding spot than the roots of a tree. Reverie had discovered from Moss that there was something addictive about the feeling of being held by someone who could easily encompass all of her in their embrace. It was one of the few times she could truly forget herself and the world. So she closed her eyes, soaked it in, and tried not to let her voice waver as she answered Arric.
None of this feels normal, Reverie admitted. I've been - so sick. And I guess that is normal, at least a little. Pregnancy is awful. But it's harder to - stay objective when I'm the one experiencing it. I don't feel objective. What she needed was a healer. But she could hardly fathom the thought of letting one near her.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He wasn't sure how to help her feel better. And his limited knowledge of pregnancy, this didn't feel right to him either. He was a little upset about it honestly and he wished she'd let him take her to see Ashlar. Maybe if he mentioned just seeing him. Not aggreeing to anything.

Arric tilted his head. Rev. I don't know a lot about pregnancy, but this doesn't seem normal to me either. LIsten I know you dont' want a healer, but what about my friend Ashlar. What if we just visit him and hear what he has to say. We don't have to agree to anything and i won't let him touch you at all unless you want him too? And i'll tell him to stuff his medicine up his ass if he pushes it. No matter how cute he is.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie tensed as Arric mentioned Ashlar again. She shook her head even as he spoke, but found herself softening to the idea if only because of how concerned he was. She really did hate to make him worry. And if he was worried... surely this was not helping her situation with Lestan, either.
Lestan. She felt suddenly guilty to be seeking comfort here rather than with him. But he would not have been able to calm her the way Arric had. It was only his authority which had reached her in the end, and there could never be anything like that between herself and Lestan. Surely he did not want it. And Reverie herself might actually bite him if he tried anything like that.
Maybe. If Lestan will come with me... I'll talk to him about it, She was still thinking about Lestan, and neglected entirely to mention that they already had spoken about it once.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
She was tense against him again, though she seemed to get better. There was nothing really that he could do, but he wanted to help somehow. Arric didn't understand the dynamic between Reverie and Lestan, but he did respect it all the same. 

He nodded. You do that and let me know. I'm sure if asked Ashlar would come here too. IT would only take me a few days to bring him here, if you'd be more comfortable with that. Doesn't Kvarsheim or Riverclan have healers though too? Would you feel better with one of them?

He had completely forgotten about them until just then.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie brightened slightly. Riverclan has healers? I - would prefer that, yes, Anyone Crowfeather trusted would be okay, surely. But Reverie still wanted Lestan with her. He was their father, and the man she loved, and the only partner she had in this. Which was kind of a lonely feeling, because Lestan was not a very good partner so far. She loved him fiercely, but he just wasn't.
Reverie sighed. I should find Lestan, She made no move to leave, however. Part of her dreaded returning to him, because she did not know what reaction she would meet. Would he be worried? Angry? None of the options were good.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He nodded. Crowfeather, a she wolf named Faun and another named Ash Paw I believe. Though the last one just had babies. He shrugged a soft shoulder. He didn't understand the dynamic between the two lovers and he didn't ask. IT was not his place. Reverie sought him out to talk to him, and it was the same with @Lestan if he so pleased. He could seek out the male who was fast becoming a counselor.

I can walk with you part of the way if it would help you feel better?
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,406 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I'm cackling bc Lestan leaves like a few minutes after this icly...
No, it's okay, Reverie said after a moment, picking herself up a little reluctantly. I'm just afraid he's going to be upset with me... But Lestan was always so forgiving, surely all would be okay. That was what she told herself, anyway, and it soothed some of the dread.
I'll come talk to you again soon, Arric, She promised, and with that she excused herself to find him.