Lion Head Mesa And baby, you should I'm only gonna ghost
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Private 
He had denied the woman of her want and @Makono's command. 

Khaba knew that the pharaoh would come to him. And so, he waited, readied for what she would throw at him; for what he would throw back.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
she could kill him. perhaps she should.

she bothered not once to hide the anger that stewed upon her like a summer storm.

speak, she demanded with a sharp tone and snap of teeth.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
As expected, she came to him. Fuming; enraged. Rightfully so, perhaps. And yet, he too had the right to be angry with her.

Remaining as he once was posture wise, he flashed his teeth, eyes cold and daunting. Did you really think that I would agree to such a demand?! After everything we have been through together, you would still make me do that?

He should have ended it there, but he did not. Mindlessly, angrily, more came. I did not come here to be your personal breeder, just to keep your nobles happy, Makono. He seethed, caring not that he spoke her name in such an unprofessional manner.

There are many things I would do for you. Hell, I almost killed for you!! Rage seeping, he jumped to a stand. But this? This I will not do.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
it was why she had picked him. trusted him to maintain this and understand the importance of it. now a lord was without a lady and balance had been horribly thrown.

she revealed sobek's teeth in her grin now as he referred to her as nothing more than makono.

do you think i'm an idiot, khaba?
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Nostrils flaring, he snorted coldly.

And how have I played you to be an idiot? Enlighten me, pharaoh. It was respect, but it was not. He spoke her title, but with such crudeness that he was almost mocking her.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
yes, yes! let their voices raise! let the palace hear that she did not sit idly upon a throne of gold and that she would run red when the moment called for it.

i have sacrificed in ways beyond all here and yet when i tell you with trust to simply attend a lady, you respond like i have requested you to cut off your own head. she seethed and sneered at him now. body rigid in all ways.

and if i did ask to you lose your own head, the only answer should be yes, pharaoh — a snarl of a breath. i am not a girl playing pretend. i AM pharaoh and akashingo must come first in all ways.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
She compared two things. Things that were not at all similar. Different in many ways.

If you asked me to cut off my own head, I would do it. I would do it without hesitation. Why? Because afterward, I would have no ability of emotion... no feeling of guilt, shame, or regret. I would know only that I did it for Akashingo — for you. A step closer, breath aiming directly for her face.

But you asked me to lay with another woman... a woman I do not love! If anyone, it is you that is the idiot; the fool... to think I would have no feelings in this. Maybe he was often a cold, stoic wolf; but still he had a heart. One that Makono did not see. Not in full.

You didn't even think to ask me first! No, you commanded it. And that was where she had been ultimately wrong. Her first mistake as Pharoah.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
a man unwilling to bed but willing to lose his head.

were they all so insufferable and driven to such madness in moments it mattered most? first her father, then seemingly the absent germanicus, now her own jodai.

a man she had given everything — and it was there she realized her own folly. that she gave these men everything and nothing was ever returned. not real things, not the things that she needed.

her father had gifted her a god complex and court knowledge, germanicus had gifted her the ability to strike and know when to, khaba had given her proof of her abilities.

but she had once been a girl before she was pharaoh. a girl who needed love and security. a girl who wanted to see things with bright gemstone eyes. a girl who crawled into shoes too big for her in hopes of it all.

is that what this is about? love?

the word tasted like nothing more than a liquor poison. she had suffered far worse than a moment of mindless self indulgence while having to ignore her love.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
Was it about love? In reality, he didn't know. Nothing in life had ever been about love for him. But here, in this moment, it seemed a viable excuse. Wasn't it?

The fury in his eyes turned to coldness. An eternal winter, no warmth left. His tone softened, yet it was still hard. I used to think you would be different. That you cared. That you would not use power for self-servance. But now, when you say it is all for Akashingo... is it? He didn't think so. Not anymore.

You were always ambitious, even when so young. But you fought for what you felt was right. You fought for what and who you loved. I always felt awe, watching as you nurtured Nazli. Nothing could have harmed her, for she was under your protection. But it was only after you turned your head away, focusing on your rise to power that she suffered. And now, what is it done cannot be undone. Do you really think you are the only one that has sacrificed? If so, you are sorely mistaken. Look at Nazli, then. Look at what she has been through.

Momentarily, his eyes fell. His throat had grown a lump. Yet he continued. The girl you used to be... that was the girl I made an oath to follow and obey. The girl I admired. The girl I loved. But she was not that girl anymore. She had made this perfectly clear.

But you are no longer a girl, right? You are a woman. A pharaoh. So no, this is not about love. Because I no longer have someone to love.

Emotionless. Bare. Broken. He stared towards Makono, unknowing and uncaring of what she would say next. 

If she would punish him, so be it. If she demanded he take his own life, he would. But now for different reason. None of it was for the same reason. Not anymore.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
did he think that she had given up on nazli freely? that she had not pushed against a pharaoh more established than herself for the sake of keeping the lilac?

so he did think her an idiot. a fool. a glutton. a sinful beast. a million titles that she would never claim because she could never be them. if he had ever really seen her for who she had been, who she was, then he would know she had not given up.

that she had struck down a madman for them all and he wished to only call her selfish now. wished to prance about how he had none to love now when she had been forced to kill her own father.

boo fucking hoo. save her the pity.

if he wished to become strangers, then she would strike harder and hotter. for all the things she had done for him, no price could be too light.

if you intend to walk this world still, it will be as sanpin. otherwise it will be blood.

and if he left, she would still send someone to hunt him to the end of the earth.
369 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Guardian
So it was decided. She had made her choice. No longer were they of one mind—not as he'd once thought they were.

Stay, as sanpin. Or leave. 

Now it was up to him to choose. But it was an easy choice.

I no longer walk with you, as anything. He couldn't. He wouldn't. 

But, she had dared threaten him, should he leave! Now she showed her true cruelty. 

Away, to the door, he turned. Whoever you do send after me— For it was not a matter of if, but when and who. ... remember well that they will not return whole. So choose wisely. A final warning; a growl before he pushed past and left. The last time he would ever leave this palace, for he would not be returning again.
silence at the
proper season is
wisdom and
better than any
speech.

736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
hello mazoi! informational call, feel free to create split off threads for discussion with pharaoh or assume BTS she gave them the run down :3
@Sanguinex @Bayek @Aquillius @Atreus

she was insulted more and more. how nice it would have been to make him bleed along the mesa.

instead she let her voice ring high and loud. that their once jodai was a banished traitor now. that his blood was now a debt for all of akashingo to receive. that the mazoi must be vigilant and watch the tracks he left in his wake.

now she turned to leave too. angrily marched off to her throne room where she imagined she might summon @Senmut when she finally cooled.

if she ever cooled.