Rising Sun Valley [m] If that's love, it comes at much too high a cost
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,377 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Read Only 
Forward dated to March 31st; all tags are for reference only.
Rev's timeline is locked as of this thread and I won't be adding any new threads, backdated or otherwise ❤️ ily guys tho

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Mention of abortion
I'd sooner buy defying gravity;
@Moss's company kept her safe, kept her sane, but only for so long. Reverie was beginning to lose it, the fragile control she had established over her errant mind. She expressed this fear to her friend several times ("I think I'm getting worse again," ; "Nothing is making sense," ; "Moss, I'm afraid I'm going crazy,") but in the end nothing would stop her. In the end, Reverie did what she always did.
She ran.
She slipped past Moss first, then dodged @Arric on the way past the border. For a moment she'd almost lingered near @Jakoul's den, wanting foolishly to say something before she went. Reverie did not mean to leave them; not forever. They would know her intentions as she howled at the border:
I'm going to a healer.
A lie, but they didn't need to know that. Reverie did not trust anyone save for herself, not with this. Funny, because she did not know the first thing about what she was preparing to attempt. It wasn't confidence that drove her, however. It was desperation; it was apathy to the outcome of this decision.
She would poison the life from her womb if it was the last thing she did. These reminders of @Lestan could not live to haunt her. Her own death was not her intention, but if that was what awaited her she would embrace it just the same.
Reverie stopped several times along the way, picking idly at new plant life. She found a flowering plant; berries in bright colors; a blooming of spiked leaves she knew to be dangerous. All of these things, she took with her. She would try them all. The gilded girl noted as she gathered the plants that she was beginning to produce milk, and that startled her. Surely she was not far enough along for that? Or did she truly know how far her pregnancy had progressed?
It was so much harder to tell when it was her own body. But it didn't matter.

Soon Reverie would learn what it was to fly. One way or another.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you