Redsand Canyon chak nab
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney
All Welcome 
only if you have time/want to! i left it all welcome so no obligation! <3

rainpool.

ajaw moves through tikal's claim with their usual purposeful gait, coming from a handful of hours spent upon the borders.

the day is slow, grey and overcast. dreary. chilly, even. ajaw yearns for the heat of summer, despite that the sunrock and sunsand offer a placebo effect of warmth.

in the misty blanket of recent rain ... it is not enough and does little to fully chase away the damp.

ajaw seeks @Sovereign, to witness for themselves how her training and redsand tongue lessons were coming. the holcan keeps them informed and ajaw trusts each of the holcan without waver.

but they would test her, would put her faith in them and her to-be sisters through it's paces.

the choice of whether she became holcan, in the end, was ajaw's.

kukulkaan & my writing are entirely experimental.
can be assumed he is speaking in yucatec mayan to his holcan; mayan will be denoted as speech. any of the holcan is welcome in all of ku's threads.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
The Shieldmaiden
274 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Assuming he was howling for her, lmk if i need to edit! <3

Sovereign's heed was swift, bordering on immediate.
She finds her Ajaw in time, he isn't hard to miss given the nature of his pelt. 
The yearling wants to dip her head to greet him, but she forces herself not to, instead she stops in front of him as a soldier at attention. Her gaze finds a spot on his face close to his gaze but not quite there, an offer of submission to her Lord before her. 

"Ajaw." She greets in common, with the statement of his title. 
Soldierly, awaiting direction.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney
i didn't really specify, so that's fine! <3

she arrives, head bowing low.

ajaw.

this one greets you. ajaw uses the tongue of many to greet her, assuming that her lessons are still in the basics. it would take time to learn the redsand tongue ... but if truly wanted to be holcan: ajaw knows she will.

ajaw does not have a rank for her yet, and thus does not address her directly. names were sacred things and ajaw rarely utters them. their own, included.

few knew it.

their holcan's did each and every one of them, but ajaw cannot remember the last they heard any of them speak it.

when they became ajaw and were given the godname kukulkaan, perhaps.

the holcan tell this one of your progress, but this one would like to hear from you. what have you learned from your spars and redtongue lessons thus far?

can be assumed he is speaking in yucatec mayan to his holcan; mayan will be denoted as speech. any of the holcan is welcome in all of ku's threads.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
The Shieldmaiden
274 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Assuming at least most of her spars and lessons have been BTS, please LMK if anything needs changed!

Sovereign swayed her tail once at her hocks, eager to tell him of her progress as he requested of her. 
"I have learned the discipline and might of the Holcan who train with me, and some more of the Sandtongue." She said, ears slanting as she admitted, "My knowledge of the Sandtongue is still in development however..." 
A different way of saying she could probably hold a basic conversation, but nothing very advanced as of this moment in time. 

"I know mostly orders, like Patrol, Guard, Track, Attack, Spar..." She offered,
Her words in Sandtongue were slightly off in pronunciation, as was probably to be expected of a non-native speaker, but she hoped He knew she was trying her best.
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

she speaks of what she has learned and ajaw listens; quiet, studious.

this one is pleased, ajaw rumbles. keep up with your lessons. this one does not expect you to learn everything over night.

a small pause; considering.

if you feel you are ready, this one would ask you to accompany this one on a trip to one of our neighboring packs. so you may learn how the holcan are expected to handle diplomatic situations when they go in this one's stead.

but, whether she felt ready to learn what ajaw expected in that regards or not was up to her. they would not be angry if she chose not to accompany them.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
The Shieldmaiden
274 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The yearling nods, sole and firm to what she assumes is some form of praise. 
If only her mother was here to guide her...

Then, an offer. 
Sovereign's ears perk with interest as Ajaw mentions His intent to visit one of their neighbors.
So she may see how to handle a diplomatic situation in His stead.

At once, the girl nods once and firm again, dutiful and willing as she says "I would be honored to join you on this journey, Ajaw." She uttered for him, an acceptance of his words.
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

sovereign agrees.

they had high expectations ... but high hopes for her. thus far, she has proven to be devoted. but the true test of her devotion would come.

her predecessors set the bar high and kukulkaan expects the same out of all of them: though nothing they, themselves was not willing to do.

very good, ajaw murmurs. when this one is ready to make the trip, you will be summoned.

a small pause, an errant flick of their doe-like tail. it will be in the coming days. for while tikal's presence grows, kukulkaan wishes to sup and break bread with their neighbors; especially with the time of k'in sihaj soon upon them.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
The Shieldmaiden
274 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign gives a firm nod to Ajaw's words. 
He is pleased, this, she notes.
But she is unaware of his high hopes for her progress, at least at this time. 
However, she knows she need not say anything else; she assumes he knows she will be there when he calls for her. 

She awaits some gesture from Him to depart back to her routines, and once it comes, if it comes, she would be gone.
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

this one shall not keep you from you training. a soft offered dismissal.

for surely, the holcan had use of her elsewhere. ajaw had gotten an answer to a consideration that they'd been pondering for a few days now.

with this in mind, they begin to plan their trips as they take to the heart of the canyon.