Dragoncrest Cliffs Brother, oh Brother.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Private 
Etienne wasn't much of a hunter, but he felt a need to help provide for his newest siblings. So with a small dose of trepidation he had headed towards the bordering bramble. Sniffing, body tightly wound as he searched for something, anything to grasp for their manman. He briefly thought of @Theo and wished he was there with him. Because Theo was better at this kind of stuff than him.
"If you mess with my family, you mess with me"
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
As if the two brothers shared a brain, Theo appeared as Etienne was thinking of him. "Hey Eti, you hunting?" He asked cheerfully, noticing his brother sniffing for what seemed like prey
SIGNATURE
Loves his family. Very sweet boy but can get really defensive and protective over his loved ones. Very caring but also an ambitious hunter and fighter.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
A smile lit up the youth's face. 'ey T'eo!

Eti looked around and blinked shyly. I be tryin' I'm not very good at 'unting'

He shuffled paws in place for a moment. Looking ot his brother again. You wanting to 'unt?
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo nodded excitedly. "Hunting be my thing!" Theo said, tail wagging. He brushed his shoulder up against Eti's. "Of course I want too!" He responded.
SIGNATURE
Loves his family. Very sweet boy but can get really defensive and protective over his loved ones. Very caring but also an ambitious hunter and fighter.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti offered him a soft smile. I be knowin' it is. He leaned into his brother's touch and then followed behind. He wasn't a good hunter, so he was not a good choice to lead, but he followed.

Mimicking his brother's low crouch as he scented out something.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo scented a few things. A flock of smaller birds was near, flying ones, he wasn't sure their type though. Sparrows or robins, maybe. But so were some squirrels, which would be easy catches. He also scented a deer herd not too far away and wondered if Eti would be down to lure one of those away and hunt it down. He looked at his brother, leaving him in charge of deciding what to hunt.
SIGNATURE
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne was lost. He didn't know what these creatures were that he smelled not really. He followed one of the trails and came across the deer herd. Their sheer size made him take in a double look. Of course he and Theo could possibly take one, but he was a poor hunter on a good day, waht about a bad day.

He watched them for a minute and then looked to Theo for direction.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"We can get one." He said. "I want you to look at that small one in the back. Its a youngster. A young stag I tink." Theo told Eti. "He is smaller an if we can get him away from de rest we can hunt him." He explained. "I want you to bark real loudly to scare de herd. I'm gonna be watchin the little guy and when he tries to run with dem ima bite his leg to stop him. Den you come and join me and we try an kill him. Just watch de antlers." He explained and warned.
SIGNATURE
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Fear thrummed in Etienne's chest. What if he couldn't do what Theo asked and it hurt his brother? What if he was unable to bite hard enough or bark loud enough. What if? So many what if's.

Instead he swallowed and nodded. When he was sure his brother was in position. He lifted his voice into a booming bark, surprising himself. Laying his ears flat to his skull.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
The herd picked up on the noise and they spotted the pair of hunters. Theo watched as alarm sparked through them and they started to take off. As expected, the little one they were targeting wasn't sure what to do at first, giving Theo his opening. He lunged at his legs and clamped his jaw down over a weak part, biting down hard until he heard a snap. That should've broken the bone or at least hurt it badly. The young stag would now be unable to run after his herd, which was now far gone. Theo then lunged at the young stags side, trying to get it to the ground as it'd be easier to kill that way. He hoped Eti would do the same.
SIGNATURE
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
It was chaos. They all ran. The noise hurt his ears and he laid them to his skull. The ground vibrated from their thundering hooves and he wanted to whine, but he studied Theo as best he could and lunged with his brother even though his skull hurt. He heard the snap and it made him sick, but he pressed and pushed. Teeth and claws at haunches and neck and legs. Watching for antlers and the sharp hooves.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
The stag fell with Eti's pressure pushing it down too. Theo, being a bit bigger than his brother, went in for the pin. He placed his paws firmly on its head and had to avoid its flailing hooves. He held its head down though and pressed his hind paws firmly into its shoulder to keep it down and keep its antlers from striking him or Eti. He turned to Eti though and said. "Bite his throat," as Theo himself could not do that as well as keep the creature down. "Watch de hooves though!" He warned quickly.
SIGNATURE
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne bent to the task, but he misjudged and a hoof flew at his shoulder, ripping it open. HE gave a soft groan, but pressed forward, teeth against teh sensitive flesh of the creatures throat and he squeezed until it quit moving. Salt and saliva heavy on his tongue. The creature's death throes quieting quickly.

He backed up with a small pant, teeth stained red and eyed the creature. His shoulder stung, but it was okay. He'd be alright.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo was able to catch in the corner of his eye the hoof hitting Eti but his brother seemed relatively alright. Once the deed was done though he immediately started sniffing his brother's shoulder though, nosing the fur around to examine the injury. It seemed relatively shallow so he licked it a few times to help clean it before backing up to check out their catch. "We did good. Nice job brother." He said with a smile to Eti. "You ok?" He added, to make sure the injury wasn't worse than it looked. Perhaps his shoulder on the inside was hurt.
SIGNATURE
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
It stung, but it wasn't deep. It felt like something Eti could take care of himself. He smiled at his brother and nudged his side.

We did do good, T'eo.

he panted gently and eyed the beast. It was weird to see it here laying. It seemed almost smaller than it had when they were hunting it.

I be alrite. Just a fles' wound. Some aloe, some seaweed all good.
169 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Theo nodded. He had no healing knowledge other than to clean the wound but he was glad Eti knew his stuff. "We gotta get this back to de pack." He said. "Watch de antler's as we bring it though." He warned. "Dey still can hurt." He then picked up the front half of the stag, gesturing for Eti to take the back, and headed towards home.

you can post once more and then we can fade
SIGNATURE