Dragoncrest Cliffs I love you always and forever
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Private 
Etienne knew his granme @Rosalyn was back in the pack lands, but he hadn't been able to find her. He had found her scent a few times, but not her personally. He was just glad she was home. He knew her mind had been hard to keep open before, it had probably gotten worse with the grief of losing her wife.

But Etienne didn't care. He just wanted to be near her, even if she couldn't remember him. If she thought him someone different. He hadn't thought of his face until he was already half towards her. And then he froze in indecision, tears gathering in his eyes. Would he hurt her if he showed up, given that he looked so much like Erzulie.

He settled to teh ground then and buried his nose into his armpit to think, the shaking of his body, hating the pelt he wore. He caused his family nothing but heartache now.

Wow was not expecting such an emotional post from Eti.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She wandered the shores like a ghost. There was some unfinished thing that pressed on her, but she did not know what it was, so she slept and ate little. The rest of the time she drifted.

Today her ambling took her to the cliffs. She looked blankly up at them a moment, as though surprised by their sudden appearance, and then turned around to move slowly back the way she’d come.

Why was she here?

She did not notice Etienne at first. She stumbled to an abrupt stop when she did to avoid tripping over him and looked at him a moment, taking in his state. Eti? Her voice came out soft and somewhat hoarse.

Her wife was locked away, kept in a place where the memories could not break her. He shared his coat with a spirit she, at this moment, no longer knew.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
The soft voice of hers was like a balm to his beleagurered spirit. He lifted his head with a sniffle, golden eyes on his granme. A soft little smile broke free and he stood slowly, brushing a paw and foreleg against his face. She didn't seem to mind his pelt at the moment. That was good. It hurt when everyone else would look at him with sadness on their faces, as if he broke their hearts all over again.

'ello Granme. He shifted and moved a little closer. Unsure how she was today. He knew she struggled sometimes, and he didn't wish to upset her further.

'w'at you be doin'?
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She stopped, unsure, and the familiar frustration touched her. But it melted from her tone, unable to be pointed at him. I don’t know. She wasn’t sure why she was here.

But I’m here. She allowed the moment to pass, willing to let it go in favor of that truth. Perhaps the why of before didn’t matter with the arrival of a new reason. If he needed something she would seek to help. She just wasn’t sure she could.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne's heart went out to his granme and the frustration he felt from her. He could only imagine how it must feel to be locked in a world where you were slowly losing yourself. He imagined it was awful, well until it wasn't. Because once she forgot it all, would she live in blissful ignorance of the world? That didn't bear thinking on. And it made his stomach frightfully tight.

He smiled. That you be. Well Granme would you like a walk along de beach? Or somet'ing to eat. I'm afraid I'm not as good a 'unter as T'eo, but I can fis'
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
His words were hard to follow at first, and she stood a moment and breathed, letting her mind quiet. He was important to her; she would be present for him.

She felt unsteady, off-balance both physically and mentally. Something deeper was wrong than before and it was harder, now, to pull to a place where things made sense. Even now she questioned his name. Illidan? No. She didn’t know where that name came from.

I’ll walk with you. And fish. She finally replied, giving him a small smile. When he moved she would close the gap between them and allow herself to steady against him. Grounded in reality for a time.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
761 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne didn't mind that his granme needed a moment. It was the way of things. And he'd take as long as she needed.

Eti allowed his granme to put most of her weight on him. He didn't utter a single cry against it. Instead he spoke of small things. How pretty the tide pools were? The sea gulls and how they had started nesting. There were a few new packs nearby he could smell them. Small mundane things that she could grasp or just let out of her thoughts.

He led her to a crystalline tide pool, where the crabs and fish swam and raced around. A small smile on his face. He pawed at it for a moment, gauging the water and the way the moved and then brutally caught a crab, a smash with a rock and there it was.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Fading this here if that’s alright? <3 if not lmk, otherwise this can be my last here

She followed willingly and watched as Etienne went about catching her something from the pool. It occurred to her silently how much he had grown; how much they’d all grown.

Before she ate she caught his gaze and held it, smile clearing a moment, focused. You are a good man. I’m proud to have you here. She couldn’t say why it was so important to her that she said that, but in that moment she’d needed him to hear it.

She reached up to press a kiss onto his brow, a light thank you, and then settled in to enjoy the crab he had caught. She welcomed his company as she did, sharing some if he would take it.