The Heartwood Bed Time Snack
Loner
166 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Private 
@Wicken Shifting to a bedtime snack :)

Walking into the Heartwoods Andr could feel the new and rejuvenating atmosphere of this forest sprung from fire. A breath of fresh air starkly contracting the tense presence within Panther Park. A safer place to spend the night, Andr lowered his head and drank from the stream.

The sun would be setting shortly and the thought of sleeping on the nice bed of moss strune about the ground sounded inviting. After this drink, he thought, I should find a place to settle for the evening.
28 Posts
Ooc — Free
He quickened his pace after the scent laid out in front of him. The hunger drove him forward despite the sweat burning in his wounds. They had barely scabbed, but Wicken could not wait around for them to heal without some form of food to carry him through the coming week. He already felt tired and sluggish, but he carried on after the scent of a fawn. It had been such a slim chance, but Wicken had happened upon a deer and fawn in a small clearing. Now, he chased them for what he knew he needed.

The sting of his injuries were just a brutal reminder of rejection and betrayal, and they ached deeply as he loped across the area attempting to catch up to his new quarry. Wicken was a quick blur of dark fur with his head set even to his shoulders. It gave him an odd appearance to any that might glimpse him. A large, lanky wolf with too long legs whom held himself so restrained and awkward. The sun was soon to fall from the sky as it did every night, and he wanted to be full before he laid his head that very night. He soon found himself on the edge of a small stream, hesitating only to take a small drink before the sound of another revealed he was no alone. Wicken continued to face parallel from the stranger in hopes he would not be engaged.
For clarity, Wicken uses he/they pronouns in all threads for the time being.
Loner
166 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Rustling from the nearby tree line caught Andr's attention before a dark and gray lanky male emerged rushing to the water's edge. It was only after a few gulps that the boy noticed Andr. Meeting an uninviting sight as Andr took a few steps away from the water and glared at the boy. 

He kept a defensive stance and watched for any sudden movements from the boy. His unwanted companion was littered with cuts and wounds. Some just barely scrapping, and some faintly bleeding. Had he run from a fight? Had he picked the fight? "What's your hurry?" Andr questioned his tone firm and even.
28 Posts
Ooc — Free
Wicken said in dismay as he realized the wolf was speaking to him. He felt isolated and terrified in his current situation that was oh so reminiscent of the events that had transpired recently, and he felt even hungrier as he realized his quarry was soon to escape his grasp. Whatever grasp he had left. He flinched away from the sound of the strangers voice and faced awkwardly to the side with his eyes downcast to avoid the eyes of the wolf. Wicken had not spoken in days, so the words were hoarse and scratchy when they did come.

I'm just passing through. I... I'm just hungry is all, and there was food that passed this way. I will leave you to your business, and I'm sorry for the intrusion. Wicken tried his best to be polite to the stranger, and his voice revealed a youthful undertone despite the misuse. His stance was rigid as he prepared to dart for his safety in the event he was rushed for an attack. Wicken had no idea what to expect from wolves in these lands.
Loner
166 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Sorry for the delay. Started one to many threads around the same time

The boy did not make eye contact and sheepishly looked to the ground as he spoke. Luckily he did not seem keen on confrontation. This made Andr less defensive, as he thought of the boy now with a cowardly sentiment. A runner from responsibility. All overblown assumptions rooted in complicated upbringing.

Hungry. The word escaped the boy's hoarse throat. It sent an unconscious shiver down Andr's spine as it did when uttered by women. A man should be able to fend for himself and provide for others. The words he had heard many times prior playing in the background of his mind. But as battered as this boy was he thought little of his ability to capture any sort of game on his own aside from maybe fishing. He didn't like the thought of what he was about to do, but he disliked the feeling down his spine more.

"Show me" he said with a sigh, voice still firm but less offensive. "The scent. Show it to me. The odds of you taking down whatever you're following as slim alone."
28 Posts
Ooc — Free
Wicken's inclination to dart to safety seemed to stall when the lunge did not come with the strangers proximity. He raised his eyes just long enough to see the warm brown of the strangers coat to determine how he appeared before they were once again lowered. He did not want to incite rage where it had not already manifested. His ears twitched from pinned to his skull as he listened to the strangers request.

He did not speak in reply, but Wicken did awkwardly hobble to the stream with his nose to the ground. The movement was painful and his back left leg gave at the pressure he put on it. The trail picked up right across the stream. It was stronger than when he had originally chased them, so he was confident they still had a chance to catch up. It appeared his encounter with the stranger had not stirred them up as he had feared. The breeze brought with it the scent, but the fresh hoof prints on the streams edge were evidence enough to any wolf with eyes.

He was grateful for the help, even if the sentiment hurt the remnants of a depleted ego. Wicken was in no state to refuse the help of another who offered it. He only hoped that he would not come to regret putting the prospect of food into another's hands. Here. His voice was a whisper as he nodded his head in the same direction of the hoof prints.
Loner
166 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Even the act of moving down the streamline appeared to be painful for the sorrowful boy. 'Here' he said gesturing to some hoof prints in the dirt. Andr trotted over, then gestured, annoyedly to him to take a step back. Both to give him some room but he also didn't like the idea of this stranger lurking too close to him.

With a few deep sniffs, Andr picked up the scent. A deer and her fawn. It seemed as though the boy had not been spotted by the pair as they traveled casually unaware others were on their tail. 

Looking over to the boy Andr said "Attempt to keep my pace. Don't push yourself if you are unable to do so. I'll try and subdue them on my own if I must then circle back around." He then began to gallop off in the direction of their prey.

He didn't want this boy to slow him down. Every moment they wasted they could get further away. A quicker pace also meant he would not need to be with this male longer than necessary. Andr felt confident in his abilities to hunt alone. He had done it many times before and much more since entering these Wilds. Even if the boy were able to keep up, in his current state he didn't expect him to be much help.
28 Posts
Ooc — Free
Sorry for the late/short reply! ^^

Wicken nodded at the words of the warm colored male. He seemed to hesitate a few moments before speaking, I can keep up. Maybe if you could flush them to me I could take one and you the other? He followed him despite the suggestion, and his left hind leg was lifted off the ground for most of the quick pursuit. The younger wolf did not want to seem to fragile so as to not be of assistance, but the task at hand of keeping pace was increasingly difficult. 

He knew from his prior limited experiences hunting that his large, albeit thin, frame was useful in dragging down larger prey. Especially that of a full grown deer. The least he could do was make the last blow easier on the new found assistant he had run across by chance. Wicken scented the air with bated breath, attempting to ensure their route was correctly following the one that the pair of hooved creatures had taken.
Loner
166 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Thanks for the thread. Conclusion fade post as discussed :)

Despite the boy's injuries, he insisted on his ability to keep up and follow behind. Andr didn't think it was a good idea but he didn't stop the boy. Andr contemplated if help from the boy would be more of a nuisance, something he would learn as they encountered the doe and her fawn.

The boy suggested a flush approach, sending one to him and the other to Andr. Andr took this in mind but with his own alterations. He was well feed and didn't see the need to take down both of the creatures. Taking down the doe would be the same as taking them both as the fawn would likely not survive on its own. 

They took their positions and they were off. Andr rushed the pair and herded the fawn away from its mother toward where the boy was hiding. The surprise ambush was enough to disorient the fawn and allow the wolven pair to bear down upon it.

Once subdued Andr took a leg and went on his way. Allowing the boy to take his fill.