Redsand Canyon forbicina
31 Posts
Ooc — Ori
All Welcome 
no rush <3 just wanted to get this up before i forget
set after this

Her encounter with the lakeshore pack leaves the Winak unusually shaken. 

Earthen paws carry her the long way home, body tense even as she crosses the canyon's rim and calls for @Kukulkaan. The journey has allowed her time to think; if even as Winak she is allowed to request an audience with their Ajaw - but this has not stopped her before.

From the Holcan, stories of the discourteous woman from the north reach her ears, but she is certain the pack from the west is not the same. Perhaps Ajaw is aware of them, perhaps not, either way it is her duty to be his eyes and ears and ensure the safety of Tikal.
-ʚɞ-
Speech is denoted as "Common" or "Yucatec Mayan" which she is learning from the wolves of Tikal.
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

the call draws ajaw to caro; swiftly.

this one greets you, winak. rumbles ajaw upon their approach, steps slowing to a stop.

frostbound gaze takes in the tension she holds in her shoulders; like a bow string pulled taunt.

what troubles you, winak? they assume.

kukulkaan & my writing are entirely experimental.
can be assumed he is speaking in yucatec mayan to his holcan; mayan will be denoted as speech. any of the holcan is welcome in all of ku's threads.
31 Posts
Ooc — Ori
"Ajaw," she greets him with a dip of her muzzle, usual snark replaced by a tone of concern. His arrival is brisk and for that she is grateful.

He beckons her to speak and she does. "To the west there is a great lake, wolves claim it - you know of them?"

"Their wolves are strong and many and they are close," she hardly waits for Ajaw to answer, "they seem... not unlike Tikal. We should be careful." Knowledge of the woman with child worries the Winak greatly, but she decides to bite her tongue.

Only after she finishes does she allow the tightness of her muscles to finally release; a soft whistle of air accompanies.
-ʚɞ-
Speech is denoted as "Common" or "Yucatec Mayan" which she is learning from the wolves of Tikal.
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

caro brings with her word of other neighbors; close and ones that ajaw had not been formally aware of. freshly established, perhaps?

it troubles them, though it shows only in the soft furrow of their brow and harsh line of their muzzle.

many. close.

what do you mean, unlike tikal? ajaw inquires. did they harm you? threaten you?

best if ajaw had the details so that they might make a better informed decision.

can be assumed he is speaking in yucatec mayan to his holcan; mayan will be denoted as speech. any of the holcan is welcome in all of ku's threads.
31 Posts
Ooc — Ori
"They did not harm me," she reassures, noticing the creases that morph Ajaw's face, "in fact, they did not speak." Not even the common tongue. But their body language had been voice enough.

"I suppose they are warriors, like Tikal," she adds in response. The mother-to-be certainly, and the large male perhaps was even bigger than Ajaw. "But I am unsure of their numbers, three at least threatened me - one with child." It pains her slightly to potentially endanger the unborn, but she knows it is important Ajaw is informed.

The realisation that Tikal could very well be surrounded concerns her more than the encounter with the lake wolves - she wonders if he too is beginning to see the bigger picture.

Gold eyes meet his winterbourne ones. "What will Ajaw do about Tikal's neighbours?"
-ʚɞ-
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

relief settles in ajaw's chest that she was not brought to harm, but like a giant snake constricts it a moment later when caro continues speaking.

she wasn't harmed .... but she was threatened.

this sits unwell with ajaw; the feathered serpent's head rising, chin setting with cold and harsh resolve.

this would not stand.

this one will speak to them, because, of course, attempts at diplomacy must always come first. if it did not work ... war; a bloodsong kukulkaan was familiar with. if diplomacy does not work ... this one will consult with the holcan.

winak, would you be comfortable accompanying this one to their borders as you have already met them? or would you rather remain behind? the choice was her's, and if she chose to stay behind: ajaw would understand.

31 Posts
Ooc — Ori
A diplomatic visit. Something the Winak has not personally sought to experience but in Tikal seems to be the norm. If he wishes to seek peace with the lakefolk then she will support him. For war is not something that calls to her as it does to to him.

But if they too seek a peaceful life besides Tikal, well that is not something she can be certain of.

He invites her to join him - her?

"Are you needing a Winak's protection?" she laughs surprised, almost as if to convince herself. But she is curious, and a new sense of duty begins to swell in her chest. "I will join you, Ajaw. Though I cannot guarantee my presence there again won't just piss them off."
-ʚɞ-
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney
you get my 100th post! :D

no, ajaw replies, a small, amused smile tugging at the edges of their lips. this one is not sure if this one will bring one of the holcan. ajaw admits, because of the fact that the words of these wolves that caro brought them does not reassure them.

having too many wolves appear at their borders may be seen as an act of war.

or force them to react when they otherwise may not.

it is a tough position to be in, but ajaw is a formidable fighter in their own right: they can hold their own.

it may, ajaw allows thoughtfully. but you are a familiar face, whereas this one is not. it may help or it might make everything worse: such was the gamble, the risk that ajaw weighs.

you have some time to change your mind. either way, this one will go soon.

31 Posts
Ooc — Ori
congrats!<3

Her jesting seemed to lighten the mood slightly.

And yet he seems to be at some sort of crossroads as to whether or not to involve the Holcan. Caro has been wondering a similar thing, but it is not her choice to make.

"If things go wrong, the Holcan are not far away," she thinks of a way to reassure him. "We can summon them if need be." In truth she is still a little worried.

He gives her time to think before his departure and she dips her head in understanding. The opportunity to accompany him is not something she is willing to pass up. In the meantime - "do you want to spar with me, Ajaw?" To clear her head, she imagines he might seek distraction too.
-ʚɞ-
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

there are concerns, of course and ajaw does not hold a sliver of doubt that the holcan would have many and more protests about the pair of them going.

would ajaw not have invited her, theu might've called upon sabah to attend them ... but they are weary. too many of them at their borders could look like an attack.

and it sounds as if this is already a delicate situation.

this one agrees. ajaw replies, but does not elaborate upon their line of thinking.

of course. ajaw offers her a grin, never willing to turn down a chance to spar.

31 Posts
Ooc — Ori
we can keep this short if you like! realistically caro won't last long

His grin incites a smirk from Caro who dances back a few paces, settling in a sideways pose, tail swishing behind her. It's a welcome change of pace and a much needed chance burn off whatever stiffness still clings. She will let Ajaw work out the intricacies of the expedition later.

A pause - for he is formidable up close - she decides on a tried and true method. 

Without wasting more time, she lunges aiming her muzzle squarely for the centre of Ajaw's charcoal throat. Should he parry, she would attempt to duck for his foreleg instead, in hopes that the elements of surprise and speed would land a hit against her larger opponent.
-ʚɞ-