Gyrfalcon's Keep Like the whole world died
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
339 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Dreven moved his brutish body through the pack lands. Thoughts on @Asvoria and then his little snow. She had gone into her heat season and he wasn't yet sure of the result, but he had no doubt there would be little mini Dreven's running around and he wasn't suer how he felt about that. But he also knew they needed to talk to the she wolf in charge sooner rather than later, in case it wasn't allowed and they'd have to leave again. Though that made him about sick. Snow was happy here.

Instead he occupied himself by patrolling the borders. Somewhere he had often found himself bout here and in the Heartwood. Though here he didnt' bite first ask later.
Dreven is a mature character. He is often filled to the brim with suggestive words, comments and the like. He also swears a lot. If you cannot hand this, or if it makes you uncomfortable, please don't hesitate to send me a pm and I will try and tone it down for our thread.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She became accustomed to the slope quickly, and felt pleased when more scents began to pop up along the borders as well. The stern man, Dreven, seemed to be upholding the duties required of him, which pleased Solveig. 

She sought him out along the borders, hoping to ameliorate their bond given the fact that they both had roles as guardians. She tilted her head to him in a congenial greeting. 

Solveig was rarely as friendly with others as she was with fellow soldiers. They were her kin, who understood the joy of their position.

”Anything new or of note on your patrol, Dreven?” She asked.
"Old Norse" | "Common Tongue"
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
339 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Red eyes turned towards her and then quickly away. He was low man on the totem here and he'd not jeopardize Atkas place.

Brutish head turned as he scratched a mark in the dirt and shook his head.

No, but i can scent others when the wind blows. So I'm not sure how many other packs are around, but

And the wind had to blow just right and there was no telling how far they were.
Dreven is a mature character. He is often filled to the brim with suggestive words, comments and the like. He also swears a lot. If you cannot hand this, or if it makes you uncomfortable, please don't hesitate to send me a pm and I will try and tone it down for our thread.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She noted the deference, but Solveig was not one to flaunt her rank, and she hoped he would come to understand soon enough that she preferred trust and unity over being respected out of fear. 

She flicked her tongue over her muzzle when he noted the presence of other packs nearby, and nodded. ”A few packs nearby, yes. And they seem to be spreading.” She said. ”There are three that I know of, all of one…Nest,” She said, not knowing entirely yet if the wolves followed a faith. ”Their ambassador was an initiate. I would prefer to speak to their leader, I think.” She confessed.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
339 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Honestly, Dreven feared nothing. Everything that could have been done to him already had been. So there wasn't much more to take. Now he feared for Snow of ourse, but she got along with everyone.

He blinked and then frowned. I don't know if i like that. Yea usually the leaders are the one to see, but if they're all from one group whose the leader you'd seek out? And are the ones on the sands the same group?
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Dreven seemed suspicious, which meant that he both cared and had concerns. She appreciated knowing that she was not the only one who wanted to know more about the mysterious Moonwolves who seemed to have enough followers to be able to maintain three packs.

If they’d been dangerous, they could have been a menace.

”I want to know first from one of the newest packs, the one who sent the ambassador. I want to know how these two second packs came about- and whether they stem from the original, or if they were packs that existed before, and were converted.”
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
339 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven was always suspicious. It was in his nature. And he trusted barely anyone and wolves lied.
It was hard to fathom a pack large enough to have three branches and it was concerning.

Are you going to make a visit? the offer wasn't in verbage, but it was hidden incthe question. He'd go if asked or he'd stay near the borders.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Dreven’s question provoked a quiet smile from Solveig; something again, reserved for those who served alongside her as guardians and warriors. They could see her softness, her friendliness. All others would see one cold, devout, loyal. 

”I am thinking so, yes,” She said with a nod. She could tell that Dreven was thinking- and that like her, he had some reservations about these packs that roamed and consumed all like a fire, despite claiming to be peaceful. 

She would appreciate his insight on the matter. ”What questions would you have for them?” She asked, wondering if he was thinking the same thing she was.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
339 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven hid his true personality a lot. He wasn't as loud or as bawd among these wolves and he definitely said nothing smart ass, but it was hard. He'd admit.

Who they were? I'd like to see if there was a way to find out what kind of pack they are? If their strong or weak in numbers?

Not many gave away so much, but if you asked the right questions you could figure it out in some case.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Solveig stretched idly, but kept an ear cupped toward Dreven to show her interest. Speaking of strategy casually with a fellow guardian made her feel comfortable, and optimistic. 

”I was told they come from one pack, but that pack has grown enough to produce two other packs as well. Allegedly they are peaceful, and they seek alliances.” She said. ”I think their customs are different. I do not mind having allies as long as they can accept our customs and beliefs.” After all, she had fled the pack she’d come from, as it had become inundated with non-believers.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
339 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven didn't mind this strand of conversation. It had little emotions in it and he could answer logically and pragmatically.

Dreven frowned. Even if they came from one and they seem peaceful. There is always a chance that will change. However, it is also a good thing to have allies. I suppose it would depend what our leader would like to do. But we would have to accept their customs and beliefs too if they are different. Even if we didn't worship as they do.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Dreven seemed cautious, and while she appreciated his insight (and felt the same way) she wondered if his caution came from a life experience he had had. She chose not to ask- after all, who could say they had reached adult age without passing through some sort of hardship? Dreven appeared as the sort who had passed through more than his fair share- and yet, here he was, living in a pack, pursuing a life of peace.

”We are in a world where faiths can co-exist.” She assured him. ”There is more than enough room for one pack to worship the Old Gods, and another pack to worship other ones. And be peaceful and respectful of one another.” She said. But she shrugged a shoulder. ”We must simply hope they feel no need to bend our customs to become theirs, and that they will mind our boundaries.”
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
339 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dreven hadn't been cautious always. There had been a time when he'd have attacked them himself purely on principle or because his queen told him too, but that twisted mind was long gone. He had learned he could think for himself while in the Teekon. he didn't have to be only loyal to one and dutiful. Granted he was only loyal to Atka of all other's but that was a different type of loyalty.

This is true. Though Dreven knew nothing really of the kind of faith she spoke of. He could speak of gods and shamans and spirits for days. But he had never put his hands and heart into following one, because the gods had forsaken him a long time ago. There was no other answer.

Well if they do they'll meet my teeth and claws. I don't take kindly to trespassers.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Solveig tossed her head back and laughed, touched by his bold sentiments. It was a laugh heard only by those who stood alongside her in the guard, for otherwise she was reserved and pious, as she had to be. But guardians, whose role demanded seriousness and austerity, had to have a time and a place as well for them to take off their armour and decompress.

She stood, and shook out her pelt, cracking her neck as she tilted her head from side to side. ”Show me,” She jousted, with a flick of her muzzle. The sway in her tail was an indication she was relaxed. ”Fight to pin; no blood,” She invited, cheerily.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
339 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A small smile curled along the one side of his face, and quickly faded. Dreven had always been a bit foolish. Silly even. Because it kept him alive, but he also had a serious air to him and when angered it was slow to leave.

She surprised him, but he quickly moved into a position. Red eyes narrowing in on her and he immediately pressed forward, feinted left went right and then went low.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She felt joy blossom within her as her challenge was met. She did not feel threatened by her opponent, as she would happily strike up and lose a brawl simply for the adrenaline rush and the entertainment value. Dreven, she thought, was a serious fellow- perhaps a bit of wrestling might loosen him up a bit. 

She reined in her smile just enough so he wouldn't think she would be slow or foolish. She watched him move and she crouched as she prepared for his approach, swaying to her right and then to her left to mirror his movements. She knew not to fall for the first swerve- and he lowered his head to charge in the last moment like a bull. 

She likely could have neatly sidestepped like a matador- but this was not a game of no-touch. This was a game of force.

She lowered her shoulder and braced to keep him from striking one of her legs out, and felt the impact cause her muscles to shudder. She dipped her head and pressed her temple against his shoulder to push back against him, testing to see out of the two of them, which might win a simple shoving match.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
339 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Oh if she only knew his true nature. Snarky and smart assed. Though he'd tempered it here in the Teekon. Mostly because of one wolf.

She pressed against and he curled his claws into the dirt anchoring. And then using his bulk and his large forelegs he pushed back, and if she moved backwards he'd step and anchor again.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Like two great mountains toppling in toward a valley, they shoved against one another, pushing for some time shield against shield, as though stuck on the front lines of some battle that pressed them together. Solveig gritted her teeth and strained with her legs for purchase, and to keep herself from being slowly pushed backwards. The ground was dry, but perhaps a bit too dry- with her sharp claws extended, she felt the earth began to split beneath them, and she lost some grip with her hind feet. 

She swung her head toward his shoulder, and pressing the crown of her head against his neck for a bit of stability, she aimed to direct her force sideways, raising one forelimb to try and grab him by the shoulders, and shove him to the side.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
339 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She was strong of limb and body, they were evenly matched at first. Though Dreven felt her shift give a little and he took advantage of the movement if he could. Pressing his luck and running under her defenses. He planted harder and shoved faster.

She wove a foreleg around his shoulders and though he felt himself sliding to the side. He used a foreleg to press at the one that was currently holding her weight while she tried to use her others. Though he wasn't certain if he could hit it, or if he would lose the ground he just gained.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She laughed, heaving puffs of hot breath into the thick fur of his ruff when he slipped sideways slightly. Her voice caught when she felt an unexpected weight press against her other forelimb though, and she knew she would not withstand that pressure well. 

Swiftly, she made to draw it out from beneath his paw so quickly, she hoped to upset his balance. She lifted her paw to throw it around the other side of his neck, now essentially giving him a hug- and wrenched sideways hoping to topple him over.
Loner
-Peace in your Violence-
339 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She moved her paw and he felt his tip. Moving quickly he righted himself, but it would have given her enough opening. Yep there it was. He was going down, but he threw his paw out to knock her other paw out too. If he was going down, he was damn well taking her with him.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
163 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She felt him teeter sideways and made the error of leaning harder into him, pushing with all her might only to find one quarter of it left her suddenly, kicked out from beneath her. A small cloud of dust rose as did Solveig's laughter as the two large wolves hit the ground, tangled together. She elbowed him and slid to the side so she might simply lay on the ground for a moment and catch her breath. 

"Good match, She said, with a wink.