Heron Lake Plateau Up, up, up I go to you, strangers! Whisper, strangers, my silly strangers!
Akashingo
Mazoi
320 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
All Welcome 
Departure from the floodlands. Where the river split, she traveled up the east side of it and towards the marshy lake. She'd met a new stranger along her way, but she desired more. More, more, and more. That greedy, eating need to experience more and leech onto what these packs had to offer. There would be a way in, no? Might armies approach her? Might they take her in under their feathers in full, or extend a wing to nourish her within? What strange, strange strangers could she meet? Her nose continued pointing her to her west. Between the rivers, there cupped a land that reeked of life to her. Sweet, living life that had not met her death, and she wanted to dance in that rain; though there were more- more for her to see and meet, so she must choose!

Alas, perhaps she was a fool! Whispers west were quiet. Oh, how painful! How distraught! Legend in pain, in anguish, in terror! Oh, the silence! The devil's child bounded along, skipping over pebbles and a cousin of swamps. The water reached for the sky the longer she was here, engulfing more of the land, but in mother suns grasp, she bathed her coat of soot and ash in light. Leaning her head down to the edge, her tongue haphazardly lapped at the lake, before lifting it back up with a crooked smile on her maw. The tiny gremlin wished for more strangers! Strangers, strangers, strangers!

And there she was, alone in the sunlight like a waiting hare begging to be eaten alive. 
So, she waited for her predator.
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
a tiger walked amongst the lake.

lumbering, rippling, twitching ears as butterflies mistook her for the flowers that once bloomed in her homeland. despite the time she has spent in this land, iseul knows that this land does not belong to her, and perhaps never truly would.

every day, she dared to walk further and further from the isle to see if there would be a glint of hope in the day. that a familiar scent would be carried in the wind and tell her that her sister was alive and well within this land too.

but that was only ever a wish, something that her heart and mind could form but be on the whim of what the universe decided her fate. but everything blew smoke in her face, as the old tigers once did before rabbits ran past with ripe persimmons.

jadeite eyes would come across the sooty girl, and across the lake would their paths meet. but no growl would leave her blackened lips, instead a slight croon to see if this sprite was of the friendly kind.
Iseul is still learning English and will frequently pause to find the right word. This often occurs with an audible 'uh' or 'ah' sound, as well as speaking a bit slower to try and avoid mistakes. Your character is welcome to notice this!
Akashingo
Mazoi
320 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
A stranger on her own? Perhaps; albeit, Legend did not rule out another, another, and another. That excited her, the more she thought on it, in an all too twisted and yet happy way. But she would take this, for now, with an ear never down.
The bait lured.
A fallen leaf of autumn seasons beyond her blossomed before her eyes. Out of the depths from grasses and branches, sheltered behind the lakeside as the butterflies themselves blessed her fur. A stark contrast to the mink, blanketed in sun and only merely adopted by this nature, she did not belong as this flora did. She, she whoever she was who walked on the air of this earth, was blessed with holding a place in a world so wrong, and made it look like beauty. Why, even her approach was passive in nature. Were all the wolves here friendly?
Haunches moving to the ground, pure eyes of gray sky with a nearly innocent doe-ness to them fluttered. Cracking a smile upon her lips, her tail lifted from behind her as it waved side to side in a slight curl. 
"Hello there!" her head moved up and down as she looked the new one quickly over in hurry.
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
the other calls out with a lack of hostility, and the very clear wagging of her curly tail comes to bring about iseul's own friendliness in her sway.

she comes to take a few more steps forward and then pauses, wondering if the charismatic stranger would come to join her or not (though iseul had an inkling of an idea that she would). a polite bow of her head is given to the other in a formal greeting. "hello," she comes to say, noting that her English has been improving and her ability to say things quicker with a more natural tone, "what doing out here?"

while a rude one may snap with 'what business is it to you?', there were no signs that this one before her would harbor such a sharp tongue. rather, she may say she's from around here, or perhaps exploring as the tiny totoro was once doing when iseul came upon them.
Iseul is still learning English and will frequently pause to find the right word. This often occurs with an audible 'uh' or 'ah' sound, as well as speaking a bit slower to try and avoid mistakes. Your character is welcome to notice this!
Akashingo
Mazoi
320 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Bowing? They bowed here? Well, what a mighty pack this must have been! Surely it was not small? Must be great! Magnificent! Timid stranger, she noticed, and so Legend would eat this right up with a more than happy smile on her ashy lips.

Luckily for stranger, Legends English was not the most superb either. So, she didn't notice! Nope! Not one itsy-bit! And should she have in the slightest way, she would be grateful. It meant they were welcome to foreigners, these lands.

"Traveling! What is your name, miss? You are very beautiful!" Swish, swish, swish!

"I come here to smell, see your fish and waters! And say hello! You are a pack wolf?"

Say yes, say yes, say yes! 
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
iseul feels her ears fall back in an embarrassed manner at the compliment, a sheepish smile crawling onto her face. "you are beauty too," she comes to return softly, "I am Iseul, you?" while the mannerisms of its girl was certainly strange, the tiger did not mind her friendliness.

actually, the more she thought of it, iseul has had strangely good luck thus far with all of the wolves she has met in the wilds. she could only hope for the same thing for her counterpart. it seemed she was on her own adventure, spun from her quick words that thankfully do not go unrecognized by the deputy.

"yes, I from Two Rivers Isle. not far from here." she comes to point her snout in the general direction of home. "are you from here? or away?" while the girl could make assumptions of the sooty wonder, Iseul decides to just listen rather than think her own thoughts for the moment.
Akashingo
Mazoi
320 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
"Is-eul? Iseul, meet Legend!" Two River Isle. That would lodge deep, deep into her mind, and latch there like a parasite. That name would not leave, would not move. She would, above all else, remember these things. Why, that made sense! Two Rivers! And isle, perhaps like an island, in the middle! Maybe. Maybe. Maybe, maybe! She settled on one thing, however.

Don't ask! ... Make Legend look too stupid. 

Even if she really wanted to.

So, Legend must ask OTHER questions.

To make things better, stranger Iseul called her beauty? Beauty too! How sweet! Nice stranger! "Far, far away, Iseul. I am a traveler! A far traveler. I go to many places, yeah? Iseul? Is Iseul traveler, or native of Two River? I lack home, however! Are these packs friendly, Iseul? Two River kind to you?"
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
"Legend." she says back, slowly to not mess up her pronunciation of the L-sound. in some ways this sooty mink reminded her of dragonfly that just never left you alone at the poolside. legend certainly didn't annoy the girl (iseul doubts the fact that she's ever felt annoyed in her life), but she simply buzzed constantly with excitement that eluded the tiger.

"Iseul from far away too," she comes to say to her counterpart gently, "found Two Rivers Isle during winter. they nice to Iseul." it was a place full of faces she adored and food that kept her belly full. as far as she was concerned, it was all she needed in her life thus far. 

"more packs are, uh–" what was the word that Ulrich taught her? "north." a wide swing of her tail in a wag for remembering the directional words her leader had taught her. a muzzle comes to point in the direction of where she had smelled others. "two rivers small. not many wolves. does Legend need home here?"
Akashingo
Mazoi
320 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
WAOWWWWWWW!

Legend's eyes were kissed with the sparkling stars of father night. He'd fallen upon her vision! Her? Little not-so-old Legend, needing a home? 

WAOWWWWWWW!

So, she chirped back as fast as a squirrel could stuff its mouth. In this case, she blurted it out onto the floor. You know, for Iseul to decipher. "No! I am a messenger!" she declared. Yes! Her! Legend! Messenger of messengers, carrier of the carriers! She could talk all the talks! "I have no home," she hummed, fluttering her mind off far in the distance before she gave another shimmy of her shoulders, fixing her posture up and pushing her maw down. "But should I need one, Iseul will know." That too had been a statement from her. One she did not question.

Iseul would know. 

"Tell me of these packs? Iseul kind? Iseul seems very." Very, very kind Iseul! Tell her more!
It was riveting, the more she learned. So dearly, dearly exciting.
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
ah, a messenger she was -- little flighty ravens needed no home when all they did was carry the wind with them, after all. iseul offers a smile of understanding to legend, and when asked, she provides the information that she knows.

"moontide is along water," she comes to say, "friend of iseul, heph, lives there." she hadn't gotten much further than that, if she were to be completely honest. "and to east, another group i hear. not know name, but they are there." their claiming howl was nothing to miss, that was for sure. 

iseul didn't have a great sense of what truly was around her, considering the fact that she never claimed of being a scout or traveler. perhaps legend has seen more of the world than iseul, considering the fact that she was more transient in her environments.

"iseul likes legend," she comes to offer, "legend welcome to isle, to stay or visit when near." she probably didn't have such authority to make such a claim, but iseul didn't take her sooty friend as something to be wary of. instead, she thought of her as charming in a strange and invigorating way.
Akashingo
Mazoi
320 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
"Yeah?" Something about Iseul made Legend very happy. She'd deemed her a nice new friend, she'd fluttered her with compliments, and now Iseul might as well have been offering a piece of gold. "Legend likes Iseul!" This excitement did not maintain itself; it showed all too well in the beat of her tail going back and forth. It tip-tapped the ground once, twice, three times, twenty, and to her probably infinity!

Well, if all pack wolves here were this nice, she'd sit around here much longer, and with a special place in her impish heart for Iseul. "Rea-lly? Iseul, that is best offer ever! Mayhaps I will see you again," she paused, her brain doing its own stall at what word she was thinking of, "then?

"And then I may bring Iseul something special and we tell stories! You will love them?"
지혜
198 Posts
Ooc — H2O
there was power in numbers, and for iseul's case, it was just about feeling better about not being able to fully articulate how she felt. but with legend? it felt like butter on the tongue, warm and welcoming and gliding with ease.

and a small rush of heat comes to her cheeks with legend's words. and like a sheepish friend who doesn't quite have the ability to know when a hug is socially acceptable, Iseul would come and brush her shoulder against Legend's (that is, if she was still enough for such a thing!)

"Legend come when she wants. bring stories, Iseul will love. and Iseul care for Legend." well, she meant to say that she would take care of her, but this also worked. the large girl had no reason not to trust this little new friend of hers. and so now she must come to ask, "where is Legend going? Legend come back after?"

she wanted to know how long until she may see her newest and dearest friend again.
Akashingo
Mazoi
320 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
What was this!? An approach!? Strange! An ATTACK! An attack she stayed quite still for, stiff and watching. An attack that her reaction would immediately surprise herself, and then she'd deem the attack something else. At the brush of this new friend's body, she firmly leaned herself into it, wincing her eyes nice and shut. Maybe Iseul is useful in a way that's not just useful! She found her useful in other things, like the warm fuzzy feeling in her stomach, or the way Iseul let the muscles in Legend's ears relax. Iseul had bizarre uses, and the desert dweller herself knew of it. A friend was nice. They made plenty of things not so boring! Iseul, sweet as could be, brought her to believe this was not so bad. It was all friendly and nice!

"I come back. I will visit!" When her neck leaned off of Iseul, it slipped down her shoulder, and she gave her head a quick, wild shake after bits and pieces of Iseul's fur got inside of her ears. "To see. If I should stay in this region, I should know the neighbors, yeah? I make sure," she swished her tail about again, "I come back in most pieces!" A cheeky imp grin was given. It was clear her need for scouring was high, but now her wandering wings wished to come back and perch sometime on Iseul's shoulders.