Northstar Vale hungry heart
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
Oh—she hurt.

Stiff, ever since the attack from the cat… but more so, the aching of her muscles as day to day life had resumed once more and Meadow had taken her role as healer. She had delivered herbs to assist both @Tamar and @Towhee with their milk—the latter in which she avoided primarily of her guilt for what she had done to her daughter, Fennec.

But then there were rumblings within Epoch. A new pack had set up camp where the fallen Mereo had been—a thought that churned her heart that the pack no longer stood. Maxim, seemingly missing now. Antigone’s absence was still felt sharply with the woman—and despite the harsh words offered from the boy upon his departure and all that had befallen Epoch from his actions, she missed him.

Afternoon had settled—the warmth of spring brought a certain renewal of hope within her, despite her bleak thoughts. And so the she-wolf swept throughout the vale, seeking @Reyson, hopeful to steal the rest of his day.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was never far from Meadow when he wasn't attending to the duties that Tamar and Arsenio had given him. He still had to speak to Tamar about teaching, but he had been avoiding the she wolf honestly, because he still didn't know what was happening. Nor did he have any say in it not really. He had told Meadow he would follow her lead here and he meant it. She knew this place and these wolves better than him.

Though unlike his lovely healer, there was a gentle peace to him that Antigone was not here. The more he thought of the boy the more he realized that boy was gonna do bad things. He would take and take and never give and unless he learned better. Well he was gonna turn out like those that had taken all of Reyson's loved ones. Because sometimes you were just born bad.

Meadow would find him stretched out in the sun, dripping water from the river he had dunked himself in after a patrol of the borders and a run. He had even climbed some of the smaller peaks that made up the bowl of the vale, pressing a burning into his muscles. something that he sought and wanted, that burn. Pain simply let him know he was still alive. Blue eyes closed to the afternoon sun, stretched out as far as he could. Large body taking up more room than most, but he delighted in the sun upon his fur.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She found him—a giant amongst the soft grounds of the valley and she felt a faint curl at the corner of her lips in appreciation to his relaxation. 

As she approached, she would murmur her presence softly to him, her nose trailing along the base of his neck before planting a kiss to his cheek. She was so very tired, and she released a soft sigh as she reclined back to sit. I was hoping we would steal away from Epoch for awhile… Clear our heads. But I just don’t see how we can. There’s too much going on to just leave. Maxim was missing and Arsenio was out looking for Zosime. Her heart hurt that yet another one of the children had gone… and Tamar was running herself ragged. Another wolf had just delivered pups—and she was for the most part trying to tend to who she could.

Lifting a paw to scrub at her cheek, honey eyes fell upon him. I’m tired, she admitted to him.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
A small shudder went through his body at her small touch and he blinked open the blue of his eyes and looked up at her.

He leaned up then, body still largely reclined, but at least his head was up. He shook the fur around his ruff and head, pushing the grass and leaves from the tawny of his fur.

Then we don't leave, but we take a night just for the two of us here. Hmmm...maybe a walk in moonlight, i caught another goat, so some prime meat, and then whatever else delights you to do. Or.

Then suddenly he moved and large paws wrapped around her and he tugged until she was against him gently of course, her injuries still pained her at times, if she so allowed and if she did, he'd preen along her shoulders and ruff, past her ears.

We just sleep.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
They couldn’t leave—but they could stay in, and steal away with one another, at least for the night. A surprised noise escaped her as he pulled her to him—albeit gently, and as her nose pressed further to his chest, she gave a smile against him, though it unlikely he would see it—

—and then: “Sleep is overrated, don’t you think?” And as if to prove her point, she wiggled against him—testing the waters.

She still had to move carefully, lest she reopen her wounds… but pressing herself closer, she lifted her head up to study him, a pointed look on her copper-masked features. “But I am hungry.”
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: language

phone posties shorties

He chuckled at her surprise. But she had told him she wouldn't break. He was trying to remember.

He shifted and stretched a leg, a small groan of delight. She played with fire sometimes, but he was fairly certain she knew it to.

Absofuckinglutely. was his answer.

There were times he couldn't curb his tongue. He was a soldier. They were not know for their restraint of language.

Alright. What do you want?
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She laughed at his agreement—the first in awhile and it felt good as she did so. At his question for what first, she placed another kiss to his chest, rumbling softly. 

You promised me a goat and a walk. Pay up, Sir, she murmured, pushing herself free of him, lest she continue to be distracted.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson chuckled as he stood. Shaking his shoulders and his back free of grass and dirt. This way m'lady.

He slowed his gait to walk leisurely with her, head towards the cache the goat lay in. He had a large haunch he was fairly certain would make a good meal for them. Then he thought of the one corner of the vale, that had flower vines overgrowing, near the water. He'd bet that Meadow would like that.

What would you like to talk about while we walk?
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Unabashedly, she looked to him, a sideways glance as she tried not to reveal to the man just how aflutter she felt—how nervous, even though she hopelessly knew she wore her heart on her chest and could never hide how she felt. “You said you wanted kids once.” She paused, swallowing, blinking up at him as she tried to keep pace with the behemoth. “Do you still?”

After everything?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Something was bugging her or at the very least she wanted to say something. But he wasn't sure what. So he decided to wait her out. Let her get her nerves under control.

He blinked and rumbled a soft hum. I would like them. Yes.

But he remembered Arsenio telling him he'd all but be a bad dad. That didn't sit well with him
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She looked to him—truly searching him, and his response was gentle but swift. There was no hesitation, and she felt a nervous flutter again course through her. With me? She had to clarify. She couldn’t assume. 

Not after everything that had happened the past few months.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
A soft gentle laugh and he stopped walking to turn to meet her eyes. he had to bend down to do it, but he spoke, conviction in his voice and his face.

Every damn second of every damn day woman. There is no other, there will be no other, and you're stuck with me.

He didn't blink, he didn't stutter, there was no hesitation. Had they had a rough go of it, absofuckinglutely, but they had done their best. They would continue to do their best. Reyson had known going in there was some road blocks, after all his tiny healer had been hurt bad quite a few times. And he knew that he'd have more work on his end than most, but he was okay with that. As long as she was happy and he could make her understand that she was it for him. End game. Wedding and funeral. No others.
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
His laugh was soft—but brought on by her. Of course he was vehement in his reassurance, and as he swore to her that there was no doubt within him that they were end game, only then could she breathe a little easier. 

A jut of her chin then, a gleam in her eye and she planted a kiss on the tip of his nose. If we start soon, maybe we can have dozens and dozens of children, she mused—beginning to walk again and casting him a backwards glance.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
There was no other way to be in his opinion. If they doubted, make sure they couldn't doubt anymore. Reassure always. And he would continue to do so for as long as she needed it, whether it was a short time or a long time.

He blinked owlishly at the kiss on his nose and then snorted a little. It had tickled. His brain went into a fuzzy sort of static for a moment, at her bold assumption, but he quickly pushed it to the side. And Followed behind her. His laughter dancing along the air.

I'm not a young buck anymore, love. Maybe half a dozen, maybe a whole dozen, but i'm not sure of dozens and dozens. Though we can always try.

He Followed behind her, nipping her slightly harder than normal near her hip and then veering towards the cache he knew to be near. He had offered her sustenance after all.
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She laughed—one that came from deep within, and her eyes glinted as they cats back to him, studying him as a smile curled at the corner of her lips—mischievous—a lurch of nostalgia for the days they had first met one another. “A dozen it is,” she confirmed. “They’ll keep you young, love.”

She inhaled sharply at the nip to her hip—following after him, eyes burning toward him. Perhaps dinner was not needed—perhaps, it would be best to simply skip the entire night and move onward to more… interesting activities.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had often wondered about their first meetings and how different he'd become. Certainly not as rigid or atiff, less formal. But he didnt think much more than that.

He chuckled as he walked. a dozen then. But its ultimately up to you after all.

He felt her eyes burning holes, but he chose to ignore it. Tease perhaps a little. After all he knew to be slow and sure with her. A smirk lit up the unscarred portion of his face.

heh shes adorable
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
There was a moment when she dreamed of the wonderful dozen or so children they would create—and if they were blessed with boys, she could only hope they were as handsome as their daddy—big, strapping…

… And then a thought dawned upon her, and her eyes widened as she blatantly looked up to him, and realization drew slight horror to her features. “Oh! What if… What if they’re huge like you?” And then, her eyes drew to her sides—how, possibly, could she carry them?

Birth them?!
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
There was a dreamy quality to her face and then it was left and horror took it's place. Reyson watched as the color literally drained from her face and then she spoke and he couldn't breathe, because he was trying so hard not to laugh at her absolute adorableness.

He had to look away and up to the sky for a moment as he controlled himself then he looked back down at her.

A teasing lilt to his voice. They probably will be. Amity was.

Then he held up a paw and bent to look her in the eye. They won't be too large for you Meadow. They'll be small upon their birth.

There had only been one wolf who had been unable to carry such large pups, they hadn't been his, but her children had also twisted in the womb and came out wrong. But he would never dare to tell her that.
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Her giant of a man had to bend down to look her in the face—and then had the adacity to try to assure her they wouldn’t be too large.

Amusement played upon her features, but her eyes remained fast upon him. “One or two sounds like a happy number,” she decided then, canting her muzzle as he looked at her and then stealing a quick kiss before bolting away in a light chase—ignoring the pain that still flared at her hip, where the scarred flesh lay.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was a bit worried, but wolves had been doing this for years and years. So he knew nature had a way of working itself out. Especially where children were concerned. Though there was a sizable height and weight difference. So he could understand her trepidation.

He blinked at her and then smiled. yea it does.

She ran and he followed though he didn't use his height to badly to his advantage, he let her get a little ways away before he gave chase. Eyes ablaze with happy laughter. As he reached her, tugged gently on her tail and then around her. He didn't want to push too hard, he knew her side still hurt.