Redtail Rise if you're looking for a savior, well, that's not me
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Joining 
@Augur@Avicus, Ancelin
hiii joining, but aw ofc

Aventus was gone, and she couldn't help but feel responsible for that. Of course, her last year of life had been her fault. It was her punishment for going against the bear, for abandoning the valley, and eventually abandoning her family. Maybe it wasn't all by choice the first time, but she had left Ancelin to look for her mate, effectively choosing him over her own son. She added that to the list of things she would never forgive herself for. 

But she had returned, hopefully to earn her son's forgiveness as well as the forgiveness of Avicus for leaving and for the loss of her brother. Who knew if she would even be allowed back into the back; it would serve her right and be well within the right of Avicus and whoever else led the pack now to tell her to get lost. She had to try, though.

She stopped at the familiar border and tilted her head back, sending a howl out across the rise, steam gathering around her muzzle as she called out. Then she waited, her future uncertain.
Redtail Rise
Ulfhedinn*
631 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Deerstalker
Tracker
Guardian
with red woman and new snow both in their dens, augur's duty had intensified.

he kept rigid patrols as the dominant male of the rise. blood eyes had gone. he did not like this.

and so it was more on edge that he met this one. she had been a stranger to him but easily accepted once by avicus. he knew her as the mother to skin tooth and dark tooth, the boy who had left several months ago.

she was shadow man's mate. but shadow man had not been here for some time also.

he named her longheart for the reach which had brought her back. his yellow eyes asked the question of her loyalty.
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
The giant man was familiar; he had been here the first time she joined the rise. Arielle saw the question in his eyes before she averted her own. She nodded in silent greeting, taking in his scent and finding it mixed with the scent of milk. It was that time of the year, and though she didn't need the reminder, it was important information for her to gather. Everyone would be on edge but also, her skills might be needed. She could use that to her advantage. By the bear, she hoped Ancelin was okay. 

I have returned for good this time but I don't expect you to take me at my word. I offer my skills as a healer and ask that you give me another chance." She was at his mercy but he knew that.
Redtail Rise
Ulfhedinn*
631 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Deerstalker
Tracker
Guardian
augur listened, then bathed his lips contemplatively.

healing. blacktail might need help with that.

the ulfhedinn saw no reason to deny her. he stepped forward, smoothing his shoulder against that of longheart.

now she bore the scent of the rise again.

he turned and trotted back into the packlands. she was free to follow.
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
He seemed to consider her words for a few moments and then stepped forward to rub his scent along her shoulder, the scent of the rise. Arielle was relieved, but only a little—she still had to find Ancelin, and she had no idea how he would feel about seeing her. And what of Atreus? Was he here too? Or was he gone like his father? They were questions that would be answered in time. 

Arielle followed the silent man across the borders and into the territory. Then she searched for her son's scent, hoping to track him down and ask that he give her another chance too.