Swiftcurrent Creek Watch them sharpen those teeth, crude from the walls of no sleep
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
Vague-ish, just wanted to get this in here because time is passing and Kel would not sit around for long LOL
Kelsier waited a few days before he decided to seek out @Lestan and Reverie; he wanted to give them some time to settle, a sentiment he would have shared with @Akavir. If they were both as unstable as they seemed, what they needed now was peace. Stability. Kel would have to be that for them, somehow — gain their trust, guide them toward better decisions. It was never a good idea to push. So he would not argue whatever delusions they may hold; he would only try to make them safe and fit for pack life once again.
From what he had gathered, Kel had a lot of work ahead of him. It only looked bleaker and bleaker as he went to introduce himself to his charges and found an empty den: herbs and flowers, and blood. The woman's blood. Reverie. Panic fluttered in his chest, but Kel simply took a deep breath and followed the scent trails. He was relieved to note that there was no blood along the path he followed.
Kel eventually came to the cave and stood far from the entrance, and called out hesitantly to the couple. No scent of blood here, and so he relaxed. He put on his softest, most welcoming expression, and prepared to be surrounded by a whole lot of crazy.
It was fine, honestly. He was used to it.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he had been busy. three new rabbitskins formed a cradle for blossom to be laid while he and reverie worked. the top of the den was quite high and slick, therefore in the end his grand plan for curtains became a rather ugly collection of carefully aligned branches which divided a small space from the rest of the cave.
it was dark in that corner, and he meant to ensure it was plush by summer. for now, willowleaves provided a temporary bed.
he was pushing stones into place for a path when kel arrived. the mayfair, dusted in dried mud and bright with a zealous energy, straightened. "found us, did you? it was reverie's idea to move." he approached the other man, turning around to stand side by side, gazing up the path at the work they had done so far. "we're making it a proper little homestead. you're welcome to come up."
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
This was absolutely a horror movie moment if Kel ever saw one, but as the mild-mannered psychologist in the situation, all he could do was set his shoulders and walk in with a smile. First the blood and now Lestan, cheerful and intense and, Kel thought, likely overexerting himself with those stones. He was grateful that Reverie seemed to be occupied for the moment. He recalled the child at the border and assumed that was what kept her away.
It's very nice, He complimented, looking around for a moment before his pale gaze returned to the man at his side. Kel gestured for him to lead the way, and followed. Akavir has asked me to stay with you for a time. To help, if that's okay with you. Both of you. Kel had offered, more like, but he felt it would be better received as an order from their leader than a suggestion from a virtual stranger. He figured Akavir wouldn't mind, as long as it got the job done.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lestan was about to step ahead, to let reverie know they had company — their first! — but kel's words caught him off-guard. asked by akavir?
"w-why would that be necessary?" the mayfair asked, genuinely confused. he glanced off as if he could spot her at the cave's entrance, then his attention went back to kel. "i t-think we'll be all right," he suggested in a stronger voice, ignoring for a moment the striking nature of the other's jawline.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,377 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie was far too paranoid to have missed that they had company, attuned as she was to the sounds outside of the cave. When she heard voices, her first response was to stiffen and tuck Blossom away; she had taken a break to feed her, but that seemed less important now. Bristling a little already at the lack of familiarity to the second voice, she exited the den with none of her usual friendliness.
She had questions, but chose not to voice them; the only ones she wanted answered seemed too rude. Instead she tried to greet the man politely. Semi-politely. Hello. I'm Reverie. Thank you for bringing Lestan home, Now leave. Her expression and body language spoke where her words did not.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Like stepping into a pit of grinning snakes; first Lestan turned questioning, disagreeable, and then Reverie appeared and Kel immediately felt threatened. He held his composure.
No problem. I'm Kel. You've both been through quite a bit, I've heard, He ventured, though he had heard no such thing, only seen Lestan's plight and been informed of Reverie's state. Thought you might need someone who can help. Used to be my job. Kel paused, then added for Reverie's sake, Akavir asked me to stay with the two of you.
Kelsier might have said more to convince them, but he had the distinct feeling that rejection was on the horizon. Already ill at ease and wary of pushing them too far, he said instead, I'll give you a minute to discuss. And excused himself out of earshot.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
reverie appeared and she was caustic! reverie!" he breathed out, coming to her side. as kel turned away, lestan tried to gather all her attention to himself. "listen, listen, listen!" he urged over any protestations.
he was insulted, and it had taken a moment to realize it was not kel which had delivered the slight, but akavir with this odd query and message. 
"i i-imagine with how, well, banged up we both are, my cousin only wants us to have help. i am still mending, hunting is hard. and y-you, well, you should be indoors. not helping me, but recovering and eating and sleeping where you can. so," but his voice trailed away, and he looked at her now.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,377 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Kel can be skipped for nowww
If Lestan feared an overreaction —
Well, his fear was very justified in that moment. Reverie had worked herself from panic into a fury by the time the man excused himself. She hadn't even caught his name, too caught up in what she immediately registered as betrayal. She had told Akavir, after all, about her experiences with healers — and though it became apparent that Lestan had missed the implications of the man's words, Reverie had not.
She knew what he was. And she wanted none of it.
Still, her love for Lestan demanded that she listen. How could she not? Reverie quieted from the beginnings of an outburst and nodded numbly as he spoke, coming to the realization that she could not defy Akavir again. This was where Lestan wanted to be, and besides that, Blossom was too young and Lestan too weak to travel. She found it odd that he was so worried for her health, but was too consumed by anxiety to address it.
If - if Akavir wants him here, then we should listen, She said dully, miserably. Anger still simmered somewhere in her, but muted for now by resignation. But I can't believe he would - after what I told him - ! Reverie fought the urge to cry. That man, he said it used to be his job to help people. I - in The Gilded Sea, they brought healers like that, to fix me. They did horrible things to me, Lestan.
He can stay, but - if he tries anything, he has to leave. I won't let anyone do that to me again, The hint of a growl followed her last words, and the fur along her spine lifted a little more before it started to settle. She tried to calm herself, tucking her head under Lestan's chin for a moment.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"if he does anything so egregious i'll — well. he will understand what i can do." and his eyes flashed a reminder of tybault that passed, and he held her close. "this is our home. he is a guest." and lestan lifted his chin, trying to encourage her.
many things were about appearance. he and reverie must now try to look the picture of competence after so many demands upon those around them; it was a cruel thought but he wanted to be self-sufficient, he and her and blossom.
"i'll call him back now?" the mayfair suggested, drawing back to find her eyes with his own.
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,377 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Lestan had changed, Reverie thought for the first time; why hadn't she noticed before now? But there was no time for that now. She was trying to remember what it had been like to feel safe in his arms, trying very desperately. All she could feel was that day again. Sitting alone with the realization that she would never be good enough. She remembered Moss's words: you'll die alone.
She was almost relieved when Lestan drew away from her. All she could do was nod mutely. Is this what forever looks like? Reverie wondered, and then wondered further if it was wrong of her to grieve for herself. It was her own fault, she knew that; she could stayed in her den, she could have chosen Moss and left this hurt behind. But for that exact reason, no one else would grieve this sad reality for her. So, if not her, then no one at all.
Her eyes drifted to where Kel had gone, but Reverie was lost in thought, busy setting up to throw herself a grand pity party.