Northstar Vale it's all i've ever known
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Private 
@Tamar 
@Arsenio for visibility!

He searched for Tamar and Arsenio next. He felt like his best chance to find them both at the same time would be to go to their den. He wasn't sure if they had children yet this year but he assumed his presence wouldn't be minded as long as he gave the den space and respect. 

Tracking was second nature to him, and he picked up Tamar's scent easily enough. He followed it through the valley, hopefully heading towards the den. If not, then he would keep looking. Surely his friends would know what happened to his son.
Inuttuk
Common
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
maxim was gone.

antigone was gone.

zosime had disappeared. arsenio and @Zulema had been asked to search for her, but in her heart tamar felt that the twin had gone to find her brother.

now she must prepare to lose reyson and meadow.

her throat ached.

kallik's familiar call and familiar form came into view just when tamar needed it most. she stared at him in surprise, and then her wet face and thin arms wound around the man who had been her friend in two places now. "oh, it is good to see you, kallik."
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He returned her affection, resting his head on her shoulders. He was glad to see her too. After all his time spent alone, it was nice to be in the company of a friend. It is good to see you too, Tamar. 

Their greeting made warmth spread through his chest but it was quickly pushed away by the cold worry and loneliness that came with not knowing where his family was. When he was able to step back, his face would show none of the turmoil inside. Nanuq? He was a member of Epoch when I was here last but Towhee tells me he is no longer here. Do you know where he went? He wouldn't allow himself to hope she had an answer for him; it would hurt too much if she didn't know where he was. 

He wanted to ask about Arsenio and their children, but he needed to get this out first; he needed whatever information she had to give him.
Inuttuk
Common
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar sighed.

"he dispersed quietly. i think not being with siku made him lonely." her eyes were tight with worry, and then a mother's grief. "my own son has made his way into the world."

she told herself she would not weep.

"i am sorry, kallik."
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Tamar knew his pain. Her son had left and so had his. Though, she had been around for her children, unlike Kallik. He deserved to grieve the loss of his family; she didn't. The universe didn't seem to care about what anyone deserved though.

His response to her words was a stiff nod. He felt so much despair over his sons and his wife that he didn't like to talk much about it for fear that he might let some of his vulnerability slip. 

I am sorry you feel the same pain I do. He paused and sighed quietly. And Arsenio? how is he? He had been hoping to see the other man here with Tamar.
Inuttuk
Common
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
"arsenio has stepped down."

her voice held many things. and she felt — she felt she understood kallik well enough to know that he was a soldier to the farthest degree of control.

he held it all inside himself.

"we go forward." her voice was quiet.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
If Kallik understood anything, it was performing your duty and continuing on when everything felt like it was falling apart. Sometimes, that was all that kept him in one piece. His duty was constant and persistent; it offered him a kind of comfort that something in the world was as it should be. 

He nodded. "I will help you in any way you need, Tamar; all you have to do is ask," he offered. She would be leading on her own for now, and he knew that was a lot for one wolf to take on, especially in a coveted place like the valley.
Inuttuk
Common
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
"watch for antigone."

watch for your sons.

"epoch is stronger for you both to be here again."