Redsand Canyon Where Warriors Tread, Healers Dread
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Joining 
Maiken had been moving about her for sometime. There was nothing to be done or said. She had moved most of her garden to a nearby swamp. A small grassy area, where no one could find it. She had to slog through the most disgusting vile substances, but once there, well the light and dark places, the water, the one dry place in the swamp. It was a small safe haven and she had loved it. She missed the hot springs, where they had grown before, but this would suffice for now.

In her maw she carried a rabbit skin, filled to the brim with herbs and cobwebs, and small things bones and the like. In cases he needed to set a break, in case a child needed to chew on something. ALl sorts of things. She had seen the wolves here from a distance, they all seemed like warriors and well warriors always needed healers right?
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

a stranger's scent hans heavy near the borders and ajaw moves swift as a cobra's strike to intercept.

there is nothing familiar about her face, nor her scent and though there is only the smallest swell of disappointment, they are quick to refocus upon the moment at hand.

this one greets you, though ajaw cannot help but feel affronted that now howl was rose to announce her presence, despite the furs she carried in her mouth.

what brings you to tikal's borders, stranger? godking of the redsand inquires.

kukulkaan & my writing are entirely experimental.
can be assumed he is speaking in yucatec mayan to his holcan; mayan will be denoted as speech. any of the holcan is welcome in all of ku's threads.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
She had not howled, because she hadn't been sure what she was doing yet. And she hadn't set her furs down. Though she took a second to take in the man that greeted her. Black and white, that was disappointing, but she had not lied when she had said she wouldn't discriminate. She quickly lay the skin down. The sides falling open to show her herbs and other such things.

This one apologizes. I was debating whether or not to call, when you beat me to it.

She tilted her head and looked down at her rabbit skin, ears laid flat to her head. I am a healer. You look like warriors. Warriors always need healers.

A soft shift, a straightening of her spine and she nodded. So i came to offer my services if you are in need of a healer.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
popping in to get Sov a post before the checker gets her lol

Sovereign practiced being within a short distance of Ajaw rather frequently, especially when she was not patrolling. 
And one of those times was now, especially when she caught a familiar scent on the wind. 
Trotting after Kuhul Ajaw quickly, Sov noticed Maiken up ahead and her amber gaze brightened with familiarity as the behemothian youth stopped near Ajaw's flank, though not too close. 

The yearling was visibly happy to see her homeland's healer standing upon the borders, though the pale girl did not speak up just yet to say why. 
She would not interrupt.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

this one sees, is all ajaw offers; a closed book to the inner workings of their mind; though they find themselves not particularly fond of the mention of debating on whether to call or not.

especially given her words that follow.

a healer.

tikal could always use more of them, ajaw knows.

the arrival of sovereign is caught out of the corner of ajaw's eye but is otherwise unaddressed as they consider the woman before them.

this one wonders, do you offer you services temporarily or more permanently?

can be assumed he is speaking in yucatec mayan to his holcan; mayan will be denoted as speech. any of the holcan is welcome in all of ku's threads.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken shifted. She didn't really quite care if he found her debate a problem if she had been privy to his thoughts. She had just ran for her life from the pack before, and she wasn't entirely looking for a repeat. But she couldn't tell him that, not now with the arrival of Sovereign.

She dipped her head to the girl and though she almost said. Hello Pr... She stopped herself and simply said Hello.

permanently. I am a good healer. A good toxicologist. I have a garden and I can fight as well. I just prefer to put wolves back together, not tear them apart.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sov is skippable here unless interacted with! <3

The Winak dipped her head in return to Maiken, catching the brief stutter as the former Thegn greeted her without saying Sov's former standing.
The yearling was grateful for it in private, but to any looking upon her, Sovereign was a soldier on duty unless asked any questions from her Ajaw.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

her skills would be of immeasurable value to tikal, ajaw knows. but tikal is not like the other packs of these wilds and it is important, they feel, that she knows if that before she speaks with such surety.

this one is called kuhul ajaw, she would learn of the true scope of their power through the holcan. this one's word is absolute law. tikal will test all of your beliefs but it will reward you with strong purpose.

a small pause is given.

if you think that tikal may be right for you, then this one welcomes you.

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
She titled an ear forward. I am Maiken Svartravn.

She listened closely, but made no movements or thoughts yet. Just simply worked through the words and her thoughts.

Then i wil l ask. Will I have the freedom to expand my herbal knowledge without judgements? Will you demand who i can and cannot heal?
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

a name given; tucked away by the feathered serpent but would be unused. greedily, ajaw hordes the names of their followers. sacred things that they keep tucked beneath their tongue.

a stony assessment is given; cold and hard hewn.

tikal are warriors and traders. if you must heal strangers, let it not be without gaining something in return.

this is all ajaw asks, uncaring if it is satisfactory or not. the feathered serpent's word is law; holy scripture ... and those who were unfamiliar would come to learn they would find the godking unyielding.

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken listened to his words and she felt a sense of dread settle deep in her chest. Wolves like these....well things usually didn't end well. She was neither a warrior or a trader. And she didn't know if she knew how to trade, but she could try.

She was however, one that could not be choosy at the moment and Sovereign was here, so perhaps it wasn't so terrible.

She nodded her head. I don't know how to trade, so I may need taught, but I can do this.

Now the question would be, would he accept her.
128 Posts
Ooc — delaney

the idea that trading is unknown to her is a bit startling to ajaw but they brush it off.

if she was willing to be taught then she would learn.

to ajaw it is second nature: give something, take something.

then you will learn. come, ajaw beckons. this one will give you the tour.

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
A soft nod and she bent to pick up her herbs. It wasn't that it was entirely unknown to her. Trade something for a service or an item, but what she was worried of. Was whether or not she had to trade specific things. After all he had said, he was all boss. So what he said go.

She tampered down a snort. She wouldn't stir the pot, but wolves eh felt they were all powerful, usually ended up on the bad end of teeth.

Anyway, she followed behind him, brown eyes taking in the pack land.