Swiftcurrent Creek [m] Oh my grand loves, I'll not finish what I done started
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,380 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
The thread title doesn't count until there's replies fight me
"What did he do! What did he give you?!"
Reverie was startled from her thoughts by @Lestan's outburst. She hadn't heard a word of the exchange between him and Kel. She didn't really care, was the thing. Even if she had —
She blinked, forgetting for a moment that Lestan had spoken. Then she remembered. I... What did he do? I don't know. Reverie frowned, not looking at Lestan, trying to recall what he had done. Kel, wasn't that his name? And he had done something terrible to her, she knew that, but calling any memories at all to mind was a slow and fogged thing. Lestan, I -
Reverie looked down at her shaking paws in sudden horror and started to cry. It won't stop, She whispered, and didn't know what she meant by it. The shaking? Her thoughts? The fog? She felt so strange. Too calm, a chemical calm that she knew very well. But there was nothing she could do.
One last betrayal, and she was beyond fighting it.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lestan was beside himself! he must stay calm for reverie and for blossom; he must not act in haste, though all of him wished to go after kel and bludgeon him to the ground.
"what won't stop?" he asked hurriedly, worriedly, wrapping his arm around her subdued shoulders. "are you sick to your stomach? are you lightheaded?"
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,380 Posts
Ooc — xynien

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Mentions of suicidal thoughts
Reverie buried her face in his fur, taking comfort in his scent. It took her several moments to remember, to answer, and in the mean time her horror slipped through her fingers and fell away. I - let him, She confessed, voice dull. I said yes. She remembered now, their hushed and hurried conversation. Kel had promised her that it would not hurt, that he would be gentle. Lies, all of it.
Akavir - he - I can't make him upset again, Reverie tried to explain. She finally dared to look at Lestan, but she couldn't quite focus on his face. But it hurts and it won't stop, all these thoughts, this - this - this urge to step into the creek and let it sweep me away, or take all of my herbs and - and... She trailed off, losing herself in her thoughts again.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"did he tell you what it was? what it would do? why didn't —" why hadn't he been told? it was not his right to know but lestan saw now that whatever kel had done had made it quite worse! and that gnawing anger erupted inside him, and flickerings of red appeared at his vision.
"i won't leave you alone then," he said, "but he's not coming back here."
"w-when you've rested a bit, we'll go and tell akavir and arric." he wanted to remain calm about this event but he was finding it increasingly more difficult.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,380 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He did. I just... don't remember, Reverie said softly. But she supposed it didn't matter now. He had sent Kel away, without talking to her at all. Reverie shook her head as he went on about Akavir and Arric. She did not trust them — and now she knew that she never could. You're going to have to choose, Lestan...
Truth be told, he should have made his choice long ago. Can't you see that you're losing me? Her eyes were soft and sad as she looked at him. She sighed quietly and stood. I want Blossom. And, if Lestan did not stop her, she pulled away and went to her daughter in silence. That was where she would stay, until the effects wore off.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
pain lanced through him, entering his eyes. lestan's ears splayed and the burning of anger was snuffed out by anguish. he said nothing as reverie turned back to their daughter, only swallowed and mumbled something about fixing a hollow.
outside, lestan would work until he ached.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,380 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I tried to archive it but Rev said no
Edit: I really wanted to conclude this one so I figured out a way to push it to an end and have made edits LOL
Had she ever seen hurt so clearly in his eyes, so clearly caused by her? Even in this fogged state, Reverie felt a sickening lurch at the sight. She stayed with Blossom for a few moments... and then followed Lestan — because she hadn't told him that to hurt him.
She'd told him because she didn't want to leave. Not really. But it was beginning to feel like her only option.
Lestan - She couldn't think, didn't know what to say, couldn't leave things like this, but how? How could they fix it? We can't, she thought miserably. We can't. Not now, not like this, and maybe not ever. I - I just - I just want you to love me the way you used to. As quickly as she'd come, Reverie turned and fled back into the den. She couldn't stand to hear what he might say, whatever it was. She just couldn't handle it.