Redsand Canyon Swamp Witch or Doctor it?
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 
Maiken had been given respite, rest, a place to live and it was with a joyful heart she began her tasks. Small little body moving through the pack lands. The white marks upon her body from scars and fights and changes. She was searching, searching for a place to store her herbs. Yes she had the garden in the swamp lands, but she needed a place to store once they grew tall and strong and able. She had rolls of rabbit fur and small wooden bowls, just pieces of logs that had broken off one time or another to steep some, to press some, they were all hidden away.

Brown eyes took a moment to take in the world around her. The paths with teh high walls. She didn't like that. She needed some place with trees. So it was further in she went. Head dipped down. Searching.
37 Posts
Ooc — bee
the canyon paths had lead her to her new pack members presence. internally, la xtabay rolled her eyes. interaction was not sought by her right now. however, she felt she needed to become acquainted with the new winak.

❝don't believe we've met yet, winak.❞
xtabay often speaks yucatec mayan to members of tikal, this will be written as ❝speech❞. her common is proficient, but will get better as she continues to learn the language.
liberal powerplay or assumptions is welcome by the holcan and kukulkaan.

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken wasn't entirely thrilled herself. Not that she minded conversing, but well she'd been on a mission and now her mission was stalled. But she lifted her head with a small smile none the less and offered a neutral expression on her face and in her body.

I've only met the leader. I'm Maiken Svartravn.
37 Posts
Ooc — bee
 nice to meet you, maiken.❞ she dipped her head with a slight smile.

❝la xtabay,❞ the umbra gestured to herself, ❝what are you up too?❞

maiken svartravn didn't seem to be an overbearing presence. she slipped beside her new pack member, taking the place as the winak's shadow. should her momentary companion offer a hint she'd like to be alone, she'd leave.
xtabay often speaks yucatec mayan to members of tikal, this will be written as ❝speech❞. her common is proficient, but will get better as she continues to learn the language.

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
A returned smile, a soft glance. This one was a kind one.

Maiken shifted and allowed the other to take up space beside her as she walked. This wolf is a healer and toxicologist. I was looking for a place to store my herbs. I already have a garden in the swamps, but when I cut it from stem and root, i will need to store.

Maiken looked her over. Do you know of a place like that?
37 Posts
Ooc — bee
she was woman with knowledge, useful knowledge at that. a healer was necessary for a pack like tikal, and she believed his woman would not be challenged to pull her weight.

❝toxicologist?❞ the word was unfamiliar, though toxic did mean something to her.

❝and yes, there is all sorts of nooks in the spires of red rock. some high and low. they could be good for storing your herbs.❞

perhaps she could ask this woman to teach her ways with medicine. it would be useful to learn being a warrior. maiken allowed her space to walk beside her, xtabay's muscles then relaxed.

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken knew that warriors needed healers. It was why she had come here. There was always a need for a healer when the wolves fought. She had grown up with it, and she would live among them again.

A soft smile. yes mistress of death, poisons. I know poisons.

Maiken listened closely and nodded her head. Those would work. I have small logs with holes that I steep chamomile in. It is good for colds and headaches. Lavender sometimes for sleeping. Hrm. I need some dark places some light places. Different herbs different places.

You are warrior, yes?
37 Posts
Ooc — bee
she knew poisons and xtabay knew bloodshed. should these skills be intertwined, this would make for a true mistress of death.

i can help- i can help you search.❞ her native tongue would end up caught in her common at random.

she cringed, but recovered quickly.

❝and yes, i am warrior.❞ a slight smile showed itself as maiken made space for her to walk beside her. ❝could you... teach me your trade, and i could teach you more of mine?❞ 

anxiety riddled her stomach as she asked. it was a big ask, xtabay knew this. it would take a kindness that she had not experienced much of.

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken knew death by plant. But she also knew enough about fighting to hold her own, however. She knew that it was smart and good to build all your skills, even if she never utilized the fighting. She'd know how to do it better.

Maiken smiled and looked at her. You do not speak common as first language? It is so hard, it trips you up. I do this, often. Her own accent as always right there for all to hear. She often slipped into her own language.

A tilt of an ear, but then a firm nod. I teach you plants and herbs. You can teach me better fighting. I accept this.
37 Posts
Ooc — bee
cool, focused eyes softened at maiken's response. it was one that she hoped for. there was a brief appreciation that xtabay remained in tikal. had she been a person, hands would be awkwardly stuffed into pockets with a sway. lowering her head she sniffed at the ground while they walked. there was a clear wondering of how to respond.

❝it happens to often now, sadly there being a need and all to speak it with the wolves here.❞ she smiled a small smile while picking her head up, still looking ahead. ❝and sounds good to me, whenever you'd like to start.❞

❝let me know if you ever need to company too,❞or protection, were words she choked back before continuing.❝you know when you go to collect your herbs.❞

she had learned not to trifle with, or judge those smaller than her from- experience one could say.

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
I will help you if I can. Though I don't know the language these wolves speak, but I know enough common to help you out.

Maiken trotted along easily enough. A small smile on her tiny maw. She had long ago learned not to be self-conscious about her size.

I will let you know. I can teach you too while i look for the herbs and roots. There are many that will begin to grow soon, but I cannot pick them until they are full grown or i risk killing them. and it would all be for naught.

What else interest's you Xtabay?