Northstar Vale but you are not finished.
Loner
NPC
60 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
Days had passed since Valiria had entered Epoch’s ranks. She had rested, filled her belly, regained her strength, and yet she still felt empty inside. She had kept to herself mostly, flitting through the fringes of the territory like a ghost in the woods. And, like a ghost, she had found a place to haunt.

Liri didn’t know what it was about the willow that drew her. She couldn’t exactly call it peace when she rested beneath its boughs, but it was the closest she’d felt to it since returning to the Wilds and finding her home lost to her. There was something soothing about the way the tree’s long arms swayed in the breeze and the way it’s fingers traced lines across the little stream that ran past its roots. She found she could watch the ripples it made for hours for it was the only time her mind was able to let go of her troubles as it focused on the stream.

She was there again that afternoon, lying upon a patch of grass beneath the tree’s limbs, enjoying the quiet and the feel of the speckled sun upon her back. She knew she ought to continue her search for Germanicus, but the threat of further disappointment kept her procrastinating. It was much easier to simply waste away beneath her tree and pretend the rest of the world didn’t exist.
Raventhorpe
Óskírdr
120 Posts
Ooc — bee
❝this place has always made me feel better too.❞ zulema finally announced her presence after a brief moment of watching the dove like woman settle.

she had kept to herself mainly for the sake of her new pack members feelings, which appeared to be shattered at the time. pain and longing haunted the ghost of the woman she seemed to be.

❝i'm zulema.❞ she offered her name, hoping her company wouldn't entirely declined.

there was many questions on the tip of the young girls tongue. the curious and demanding zulema was beginning to surface, after weeks of drowning in her grief; now she was wading.
-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Loner
NPC
60 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
The moment she heard the voice interrupt her peace, Valiria's hackles rose. She tensed on the ground, her muscles at the ready to spring into action—to fight, to defend, to flee. The girl she saw before her looked to be younger even than she was, and so she settled her nerves with a command from the logical part of her mind. This was no enemy. She was safe.

And even if she did prove to be an enemy, Liri was ready. She was always ready.

"Valiria Redsand," she stated proudly, still wary. She wondered what the girl wanted, the thought never even occurring to her that perhaps she wanted nothing more than a friendly conversation. Valiria simply did not do such things, so she eyed the other girl expectantly, waiting for her to proclaim her reason for disturbing Liri's solitude.
Raventhorpe
Óskírdr
120 Posts
Ooc — bee
i'm so excited about this thread :,) buddies or little bitches to each other?? WHO KNOWS LMAO

she would tense at valiria's reaction upon her arrival. where had she come from to be so guarded? somewhere. at this conclusion, it helped to dispel the faint irritation that swarmed.

❝you sticking around here long?❞ an honest question, it seemed now that epoch had become temporary to others.

this had hurt her. as ethan had directed, she would look to those around her. the question remained if that would be valiria, already having her doubts. little zuli made sure to take a comfortable stance, hoping to ease the girl in front of her. her sandy ear pressed forward with an intense curiosity. then the ruddy girl's shoulders withdrew and her chest jutted out in a slight motion. invited or not, she sat expectantly while awaiting an answer.

maxim had left, zosime, antigone, and now her father's distance gripped at her heart. should she fear his disappearance too? another departure, should that be valiria, would not catch her off guard this time.
-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Loner
NPC
60 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
lol it's so hard to say! I feel like I barely know Valiria at this point, so it's anyone's guess what she does!

Liri stared at the other girl in silence for a while, even after she asked her question. She couldn't understand why it was being asked. What did it matter to this complete stranger what her plans were? Valiria wasn't even certain of them herself. How could she be expected to know?

"Does it matter?" Liri ventured slowly, tilting her head as she peered at Zulema. It occurred to her only after she spoke that perhaps she'd misinterpreted the question. She glanced around at the space beneath the willow before looking at the other girl again and asking, "Are you meeting someone?" It was the only reason she could think of why Zulema would want to know whether or not she'd be leaving the area any time soon.
Raventhorpe
Óskírdr
120 Posts
Ooc — bee
so sorry for the crazy late reply :,) things were crazy

❝no, uh valiria. i mean like, in epoch.❞ embarrasing!

she winced over her awkward words, stumbling on them.

❝sorry uh, i don't mean to be rude. i just don't like change. i like knowing before it happens yanno?❞ a forced smile stretched across her face.
-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Loner
NPC
60 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Valiria's frown held steady as the girl better explained herself. It baffled her as to why it mattered to this near stranger whether she were to stay or go. The explanation for it came quickly after the clarification, but Liri still wasn't able to grasp this concept.

"My joining the ranks of Epoch was change," Liri ventured, not trying to be rude either by ...probably being rude anyway, "Were I to leave, wouldn't that mean things go back to normal?"

no worries!