Stone Circle Allstar
177 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Set folllowing this thread

When Moss regained consciousness, she felt weary and ill. The ache in her side spread- deep and throbbing pain still kept her short of breath, and the ribs she’d broken against the rock had swollen and become agonizing. 

Each step hurt- and pain only led to more pain. Each breath caused her ribs to protest, and each pant of pain made her breath hitch. By the time she reached Kvarsheim there was a distant look in her eyes as she felt the shock wear off, leaving her dumbfounded with strife. 

Kvarsheim had been closer than the Creek- but she had travelled there specifically for another reason too.

The grizzled man had come from Kvarsheim- and it was him who had kept the witch in a den. He, who had supposedly hunted her, knew right where she was, brooding in sickness and casting her curses. 

Moss believed she would die- but she would not die before she called out the traitor in his own home.

Her howl was cut short by a shriek; her ribs too broken and painful to support the breath needed to call out, but she waited, head hanging, desperate to deliver the news of the traitor to whoever it was that harboured him.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar heard the screech and he grew ill and raced as fast as his aging body would allow. IT was a visitor from Swiftcurrent if he was to guess and he felt his heart tighten at the thought.

He moved closer. Darling girl. What ails you? Come, come we have healer from River Clan @Faun.

Gunnar used his stocky body to offer support to the woman that looked so bedraggled. Unsure what had attacked her, but this was the second time a wounded wolf had shown upon them.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
177 Posts
Ooc —
Moss sighed with relief to see someone coming toward her who was not the one that secreted the witch away in a den. He looked like an elder, to Moss- who was no youth herself, though in her state it was likely hard to tell. She waved a broad paw at him, warding him off as he tried to come and support her. 

”Don’t touch me,” She gave him that precaution. ”I’m cursed; that witch that has been haunting Swiftcurrent Creek,” She said, wincing. She could only speak in short bursts- her ribs protested with every breath. ”Found her. One of your- agghhh!” She snarled in pain. Spittle formed at the corners of her mouth from the stress. 

”One of your packmates is a traitor.” She said, just as her nose began to bleed.
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Fear tore through her. Sudden visions of a chase that had driven her from the valley a long, long time ago. Last time, she had run away as the bear wolves snapped hungry teeth at her hocks. But she was older now, steadier, despite the gentle shake in her steps. This time, she ran towards.

Gunnar had found his way there first and already lent his shoulder to the broad woman who had called out for them from the borders of Kvarsheim. Taktuq hurried forward and might have given her strength on the other side, if not for the warning the other woman cautioned.

She stopped short, fur prickling. Curses? A witch. She recalled the warning that had been passed between the collective packs of the valley. Had somebody found her? Her belly twisted. A traitor.

Silent, Taktuq’s gaze shifted to Gunnar, eyes wide despite the furrow of her brow.

feel free to keep her as a cameo unless addressed!
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar froze, and briefly wondered if it would matter. He wasn't one to fully believe in curses at least at his age he figured he lived long enough. But the woman seemed more distraught about that than her wounds. He would not cause her more distress. His ears went to his skull and a soft whine, but he nodded firm.

Who? Try not to speak as much. Take your time shallow breaths. Seems ribs and internal bleeding.

He glanced to Taktuq worry for her blooming swift in his chest. If it were sickness rather than wound. He wouldn't have her near it.
177 Posts
Ooc —
Moss flicked her tongue across her muzzle and tasted blood as it trickled down to her lips. She spared a glance to the woman who approached, visibly startled- but why wouldn’t she be? Moss likely reeked of foul witchcraft now. The man accepted her plea, but remained close, watchful. 

She wondered if she might now be put to rest, once they knew she’d cottoned on to this secret. But the man seemed genuinely taken aback- not at all like some foul play had just been uprooted.

”Well-spoken. Dark. Silver hairs…Yellow eyes. Saw him a few days before said he fought with her days before I found her,” She said, gasping with pain between her words. She tried to ease herself onto her left side, so the ribs along her right might find some relief. It felt wrong to be so indisposed in front of strangers- but these were meant to be allies.

”Said she “got away” but the den…It smells like him.” She said. She slid her hazy labradorite gaze up to Gunnar to see if he fully understood the accusation she was making. 

She grunted, and lay her head back down. ”My heart…Felt like it was pierced…I fell, broke my ribs. Something for pain?” Not a request she would often have- but in this case, she couldn’t bear it well.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
All Gunnar smelled was blood and dirt. He feared for the woman. He wanted to offer her a place to rest but didn't know if she wouls.

Gunnar went through his wolves he knew them all, every face that passed his borders it sounded like the wounded boy or his father. Probably the latter he doubted very much thr boy moved.

Gunnar's jaw hardened. Remind me but didn't a runner say she threatened children?

He nodded. @Taktuq, i have some poppy in my den for cases such as this. Will you please go gather it? And we will need a runner to go to the creek and Riverclan perhaps Inkeri for that, and another to hunt down Germanicus and bring him back. He should be hunting. Perhaps the boy Ikaros and Tauris. Is that alright?

She was his equal he didn't demand only asked he'd go as well if she'd prefer to stay.

What is your name? Would you like help to a den or we can perhaps build you a temporary one there while you heal?