Lost Creek Hollow Use the sleeves of my sweater, let's have an adventure
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
Please let @Faun post first!
It was time. Kel was nervous, but he tried not to let it show as he followed Faun further toward the heart of Lost Creek Hollow. Halting a little ways off from where the dens were located, close enough to be convenient for their leaders but not too close, he shot an anxious glance and a shy smile toward Faun.
You wanna call? Or should I? He asked softly, glancing back to where @Silvertongue and @Ash Paw would surely be. Or at least nearby, he reasoned. Suddenly he wanted nothing more than to wave the whole thing away, say nevermind and flee. This was much more complicated than it would have been with the pale woman he'd almost gone home with. But that wouldn't have been a home, not to him. His home was here.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
Faun pressed her shoulder to Kelsier’s, one of her eyebrows giving a little raise at him.

I can do it. She said, voice soft, before her head would turn to the woodland. She raised her voice a moment later, calling for both leaders. When her voice lapsed, she flashed a smile at the man beside her, half awkwardly shrugging.

Its not like they’re gonna tell us to get out. She went quiet. Then, fear shot through her.

…right? She shouldn’t have said anything!

Doedapple speaks both French and English, though she prefers English
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
782 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

faun called. silvertongue left the sleeping children, smoothed down her pelt, and found the dreamleaf with kelsier. "hola," the sharpfang greeted them both, seaglass eyes moving between the pair. did she understand? did she comprehend? "what is the matter?" but softly, her lips curved to smile.
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Danni, you're still welcome to hop in if you want!
No, she really shouldn't have said anything. At Faun's words, Kel startled a little and then found himself with his own sudden worries. What if they did! He shifted nervously while they waited, and was perhaps a little wide-eyed by the time Silvertongue made her appearance. He made an effort to collect himself.
Hello, Kel returned the greeting quietly, eyes flicking briefly to Faun and then back to Silvertongue. Faun and I - ah, we have a question for you. And Ash Paw... He didn't linger on her absence, though. Instead he looked to Faun, giving her the stage now because he wasn't quite sure how to put it. And because, well, she was just more suited to handling this.
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
782 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

did she know? silvertongue sensed that she must, but did not address it. instead her glassblue eyes watched as kelsier looked to faun, and she did also. her gaze was warm, encouraging, a small smile lifting the corners of her mouth as she waited for the dreamleaf to speak.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
Kelsier wishes to be a father, and I have chosen to facilitate that request. Perhaps the Faun of many months prior would have been appalled by her new candor, but the time treating the boy made her something new.

Perhaps it was the arguing.

We came to ask if you know of a naming culture in Riverclan? Such as yours, or Crowfeathers? And, if you do, if you would not mind us both using it for our children?

141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Kel blinked and shot a slightly confused glance at Faun, but didn't dare to openly question her. That... wasn't what he'd thought they were asking. He held back the overwhelming urge to cringe at how forward she sounded, how clinical her words were. As if they'd simply made a business deal, and didn't care at all what their leaders thought of it.
He turned his gaze anxiously to Silvertongue, awaiting her response. Perhaps she would take it well from Faun. Kel felt that if he'd said it that way, he'd have been sent packing as Faun feared.
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
782 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

it was certainly formal, and also something that silvertongue felt now she had indeed understood. "crowfeather explains it as: you choose the name of an attribute. pup for the end, paw for a child of six months, and then you choose another. crowpup. crowpaw. crowfeather." her eyes shone to speak of him so, though soon the sharpfang turned this thought away. "use this convention. it is his way and the way of riverclan. will you be marrying?" she inquired next, honey-sweet and yet encouraging of such a notion.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
It was an interesting thing, the naming culture Silvertongue relayed to them. Her mind twisted up and over it, a thought ringing in her mind like a little bell.

Would you.. Hm. She half wanted to scratch over this for a moment, but she didn’t want to wait to get the words out.

Would you mind if I changed my name, perhaps, to go with Riverclan’s culture? The next question took her by the knees, and she sputtered.

I..! Her eyes took her to Kelsier.

Would we?

141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Kel could not keep up.
He could only blink and look between Silvertongue and Faun for a moment with a deer-in-the-headlights expression. Did... did Silvertongue just propose for them? He was pretty sure it wasn't supposed to work like that. But looking at Faun, he knew he couldn't say no — didn't want to, even! Or did he?
It was all too much, and far too fast, and not nearly private enough for his liking. He felt lightheaded. If that's what you want, Faun, He managed, looking and likely sounding a little dazed. But his tone was genuine, and there was a nervous hope in his eyes. Then, yes. He added quickly, before she could think him reluctant. Maybe he was a little reluctant, but at the very least, he knew that he wanted to make Faun happy. In that, he had no hesitation.
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
782 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

they had not — truly spoken, it seemed. silvertongue glanced between the steady faun and the unsure kelsier with an amused look. "i would not mind at all, and i am certain crowfeather would be honored." the sharpfang was still for a moment. "i give my blessing for children, but i think perhaps you might — speak more, alone, on marriage, si?" forbid her; lest two be married and not yoked well.