Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Meerkat found her mother sitting beneath a particularly spindly eastern hemlock at the edge of the rendezvous site. Towhee looked like she could use a hug, so the councilor happily provided one. Afterward, she coaxed her mom to lie down on the ground so Meerkat could groom her. She meant for it to be comforting, though she found a surprisingly large amount of sap stuck in her mom’s fur.

Towhee fell asleep at some point, though Meerkat finished the job before walking off to fetch a drink. She returned to her sleeping mother’s side moments later, taking a seat and wiping at her mouth. She cast her eyes over the rendezvous site, looking for any of the pups. She thought she saw them playing off in the distance toward the top of the sloping clearing.

Maybe they’d come closer or maybe they wouldn’t. But it was the rendezvous site, so chances were, someone would wander past at some point. Meerkat exhaled a contented breath, occasionally glancing at the snoring Towhee but mostly keeping an eye out for some awake company…
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Things with Fenn hadn't ended precisely the way he'd hoped, but it felt good to know they had at least spoken again and it hadn't ended with her running away in tears. At least, it probably didn't. I don't know, that thread's not over yet. Forget I said this if it all turns to shit.

Fig didn't really have any particular plans as to how long he would stick around Moonspear before he headed back East. He was just going to trust his gut; he'd known when it was time to go. For now, he was going to enjoy himself, starting with spending a little more time with his family.

He returned to the rendezvous site hoping to see his little nieces, but was distracted by Meerkat and Towhee lounging together in the shade. He smiled at them as he approached, not realizing until he was within a few feet that his mom was fast asleep. He winced a little and gave Meerkat an innocent smile before lying down beside her.

"Did she fall asleep or did your girls band together and knock her out with a tree branch 10 times their size?" Fig said quietly to his younger his sister.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
For a split second, she didn’t recognize the wolf who approached. Then she realized it was her oldest brother, Figment. Meerkat could not have said when they’d last seen each other, though she was glad to see him now. Everything about her demeanor was welcoming as he flopped down beside her.

Meerkat chuckled at his joke, replying, I’d heard you were in the neighborhood. Glancing over at Towhee, she grinned fondly and added, She conked out while I was doing her hair. See? She pointed out the sweeping cowlick she’d left on her mom’s head, chuckling. The good thing is, we don’t have to worry about disturbing her sleep while we catch up. How are you, Fig?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
59 Posts
Ooc — ?
so sorry for diving into this, but... I couldn't resist

Orca II had been gallivanting around with Seal close to the rendezvous when suddenly, grandma Towhee seemed really appealing. However, grandma Towhee was asleep. Not a problem! She had woken up several others (ma, da, and Seal) before with a quickness. Her success rate was as of late an unbroken record. Orca II approached the snoozing Towhee feeling confident, a happy swagger in her step.

HelllloooOoo, she started, seeing ma was distracted by some stranger and the word directed only to the then VIP. Hmmm... yeah, she would stay here, where someone she knew better was (read: where there was not one single stranger close by). But when her eyes turned back to Towhee, grandma was unresponsive. Just snoring away!

I saaayss HELLLO!! she chirped brightly, and despite the volume rising in her voice she did not become physical in her frustration. HEELLLLLLOOOO!!!!! WHY YOU NO ANSA ME???? She asked, not offended but just quite perplexed. No one had held out on giving her attention for this long!

She was too engrossed in this now to even look to see if her ma or da were drawing near to interfere or not. Orca II stepped closer to an ear of her grandma and banshee shrieked: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Fig turned his attention to Towhee's hair once it was pointed out to him and he chuckled softly. His heart ached with memories then, and remorse over his impending departure from Moonspear. He would miss his family, and it was moments like these that made him wonder why he was doing this. Fortunately, it wasn't too hard to remind himself of his reasons. He wouldn't recall them now, though. Sometimes it was nice to feel wistful.

"She used to do that to my hair when I was little," Fig said fondly before looking at Meerkat. He readied himself to answer her question, but before he could, a distraction appeared in the form of one of his nieces.

He smiled fondly at her as she pranced up to them, but his smile turned quickly into a surprised grimace as she began to bellow at her grandmother. He glanced over at Meerkat, his smile returning as he waited to see how she would handle this.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Orca Sveijarn-Corten! Meerkat chastised, sweeping toward her daughter and hooking a foreleg around the pup’s chest to tug her away from her grandmother. What has gotten into you? Keep your voice down and behave yourself!

Fortunately, Towhee didn’t seem bothered. Her ear twitched a few times and she rolled her head the other way. Perhaps she had felt the vibration of the child’s cries in her eardrum, despite being unable to process the noise. Meerkat grimaced, still displeased with Orca’s rude behavior.

Now your Uncle Figment thinks you were raised without manners, Meerkat chided softly, trying to redirect Orca’s attention to her older brother.
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
59 Posts
Ooc — ?
Grandma didn't so much as flinch. And Orca admired that about her, frustration waning and being replaced by awe. And no one seemed annoyed but her by the turn of events, though that was quick to fade to be replaced by intrigue.

Orca lay right next to Towhee, and when mom started hollering at her, she copied her grandmas snoring—wondering if she had found a "get out of jail free" card. If she was sleeping, she couldn't get in trouble, right? (Not to be missed were her ears pressed flat against her head as she heard her full-blown government name, a sure sign that all was heard and that she was sorry...)

Wait, had she also heard uncle Fig? Orca "woke up", sprang to all fours, and deferentially tapped her mothers chin with her snout. Sorry!!! she whisper-shouted, looking over her shoulder to see... grandma still snoozing. A professional.

But now her attention was for her uncle. Her tail wagged as she greeted him now, looking to her motherr for approval before darting closer to him to sniff him out.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
Fig had to try really hard to not laugh, knowing it would undermine Meerkat's authority in this situation. Her attempt to pretend to sleep was a very clever tactic, though she seemed to abandon it pretty quickly. He wondered why that was until he saw her eyes leap to him.

"It's okay," Fig said to them both with an understanding smile, "I know how hard it is to learn your manners. It's tough sometimes to get them to stick to your brain."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Orca apologized emphatically, though Meerkat still gave her a disapproving look to drive home her point about manners. A moment later, however, her expression softened as her daughter let her grandmother alone and moved to engage with her uncle.

Uncle Fig was just about to tell us about all his adventures, Meerkat said to Orca, gaze raising from her daughter’s face to her older brother’s, eyes expectant.
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
59 Posts
Ooc — ?
feel free to PP orca here <3

Stories? Well, those could be interesting. Orca did not mind hearing them... so, she came even closer. Okay, I ready, she said, settling in front of him. Now her own eyes matched her mothers expectancy, her large ears leaning forward all the better to hear him with. And... go!
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She’d evidently said the magic word. Meerkat chuckled under her breath, wondering which one it had been. “Adventures,” perhaps? Or maybe it was simply the promise of story time that turned Orca into the prim, well-behaved daughter Meerkat knew she could be.

While her older brother had the little one’s attention, Meerkat sidled closer to the snoring Towhee. With gentle patting motions—she didn’t want to wake her mother—she smoothed the cowlick. She then lowered herself beside Towhee with a little sigh of contentment, focus turning to Fig and his tales.

I’m wrapping this with Stevie’s blessing.