Ocean's Breath Plateau Charcoal crushed, pixie fever, angel dust
Moontide
Healer
119 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Birth 
This is all welcome! Hoping for at least one adult joiner
Marina didn't know much about pregnancy, but she knew in some instinctive way that it was too soon for it to be over. It wasn't yet time for the iron-grip of pain that woke her. But it was happening. She knew that instinct would guide her now, but that was no comfort while she stood at the edge of what seemed like a long, dark hall that would bring only pain until the end.

That was exactly what it ended up being. Hours passed like this. When it became overwhelming, when she could no longer keep her grasp on reason, Marina let out a pained call for one of her packmates. Any of them, really. She just didn't want to be alone.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn heard the pained call and he felt sick that he hadn't noticed that the she wolf was so due to delivery. If he had he would have called wolves from Moonglow or Moonspear or even Sapphique to help her. He would have begged @Samani to return home to help even though her mother was sad.

Instead he rushed to her side. Fresh furs and the like. He had even soaked some in water to lay upon her should she need them.

Then he had found his way to the entrance of her den. He wasn't stupid so he stopped at the entrance and gave a small huff. His voice gentled and kind, not belaying the worry he felt beneath the surface.

Marina. It's Rodyn. How can I help you?

Tag for reference
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
Beta*
718 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph heard the cry of pain, it took her a moment to recognize and relate the wolf it was most likely attached to but she was already in motion. It was about the right time, if she calculated right, for labor. Not sure what to bring she thought that sustenance might be a good start. Digging up a cache from an earlier hunt she took rabbit and then did not think for a moment but took the quickest path. She darted towards the den, and stopped realizing that Rodyn was already there. Unsure of whether or not she should approach closer she too padded up at a less panicked pace towards the mouth of the den.

She dropped the rabbit and waited, unsure of whether or not she should enter. The inside of a birthing den was still very foreign to her and she was not sure what to expect. "It's Heph, I'm here too, to help." While it was quite a bit to put on the shoulders of the mother hopefully Marina would have some idea of what she needed.
Moontide
Healer
119 Posts
Ooc — xynien
They answered her call; first Rodyn, then Heph, and Marina released a shuddering sigh at the sight of them. Something in her relaxed, just enough to allow the next stage of this to pass. She shook her head mutely for a moment, breathing through another surge of pain. Some still-weirdly-logical part of her supposed they were contractions, but the rest of her could only panic and think that it felt like she was being torn apart from the inside.
Sit with me, She managed in a small gasp. Please. There wasn't much else they could do, she thought. Maybe help me name them, she almost added as an afterthought, but then something shifted inside of her and she could do nothing but scream.
She did a lot of that over the next half hour. Screaming, and panting, and crying. The specifics would later be blocked from her memory; she would remember only a blur of pain and panic, and then a rush of exhausted calm. And her children. Two of them — a silvered boy and a peachy girl, both quiet but healthy and perfect. She expected to feel more, when they were cleaned and settled and the worst of the pain had passed.
But Marina was tired, and all she could think about was the dull aches in places she hadn't even known she could feel pain, and the irrational worry that giving birth had done some kind of irreparable damage to her. Even so, she couldn't bring herself to inspect the bloodied mess that was the other end of her body. Even the thought made her shudder. Instead she tried to focus on her children, though she felt very little when she looked at them, and that scared her.
They'll need names, I guess, Marina murmured, suddenly too tired to feel any of these things. She wanted to sleep. She looked up at Rodyn, then at Heph. Can one of you stay with me, please? Just a few days. She didn't trust herself alone with children in this state. Her children, but even so, she just didn't want to be bothered. She just wanted rest.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
It was horrifying and awe inspiring and all of thr ranges of emotions at once. Marina seem3d in much more pain than his mama had ever been he worried a little bit about it. But he weathered yhe storm with her as best he could. Soothing and kind.

He nodded he would stay. I'll stay. Names can wait just get some rest.

And then he'd curl near and help her clean the littles and her own pelt at least where gentleman could be. One of the women coukd help with her rear quarters.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
Beta*
718 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph entered as bid and sat by her side, offering her warmth and body next to the other she-wolf. The cries worried her, in part because of the pain which she did not know how to ease and in part because it might attract predators. There was a tense-ness in her body that released only as the scene quieted and they remained undisturbed. Between herself and Rodyn she knew that both of them would fight whatever came with bad intentions to the den but she was not confident in their chances if it was a bear or even a seasoned fighter who had somehow found their way to the place.

When Rodyn began to clean the pups and Marina's mantle Heph used her own muzzle to clean the rest. If Rodyn would stay she would come and go with what the new mother would need. "I will bring you food and water and furs." She nudged the rabbit closer to Marina but did not go immediately. The moment felt new and fresh and she felt the restlessness usually in her bones quiet for a moment.