Stone Circle Dögun
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Pack Activity 
[Image: 4VGD8E3.png]

Optional pack activity for new + old members to mingle! Tags for reference

Change has come quickly to Kvarsheim. In the wake of Bjarna’s disappearance, @Taktuq has taken up the mantle as Móðir beside Faðir @Gunnar, and Tauris named third-in-command. Their modest pack is expanding by the week, and while she is pleased to see their progress she can not help but find the swarm of foreign wolf-smell overwhelming. So she wishes to amend this, to know every face of their pack by name and sight, by scent and voice.

Here along the cusp of the Seer Stones on a misty morning she gathers her voice, emboldened by some secret words not long ago spoken to her: if she was only a fluffy bunny hopping through life’s eternal forest- could that bunny not also be Nornir?

Into a resonate howl she lifts high so that she may be heard from the far stretches of Veiðadýr to the golden groves of Prisnálund and throughout the vast expanse of the highlands.

Calling all to heim.
Prince of Nothing
51 Posts
Ooc — Wilth
 Though ikaros was not one for mingling with kvarsheim, he rushed to the call. 

Breaking past a line of ruffled shrubbery, the dark boy bowed his head expecting to meet Gunnar, or perhaps another wolf.

Not Tauris.

Instantly the he perked up, his dull gaze locking onto her with confusion and dismay. Tauris? Here? He had no idea! "Tauris...?" he breathed, calling softly as if she was a figment meant to swirl away at any moment.

"What are you doing here? What's going on? I- I don't understand." Last they spoke she mentioned being a dispersal, not a pack wolf. Had she lied to him? The instant thought felt awful within his gut. But then again he, too, had been a loner at the time.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar arrived quickly at her call. Though he was mindful not to push himself too far. After all he was not a young pup anymore, and though spring brought with it a warmer air and it was easier on his body. It still hurt.

He was pleased to see the boy Ikaros still among them.

Hello Ikaros. Tauris darling girl. He called out with voice of a father to both. Glad they knew other. Though knowing there was a moment he should not intrude upon. So he offered them both a nudge to the shoulder if they would like and then he positioned himself a bit ways away. So that he could stop any who came while they spoke for a minute, with a greeting or a small conversation.

Not the most ideal place for the two to have a conversation, but the old man would be sure they got it without interruption.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
Kvarsheim
Anda*
221 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Skáld was panting by the time he reached the meeting, having been off in search of digging out smoothe pebbles from the stream, thinking perhaps he might press them into the ground at the mouth of the den, as a sort of decoration for the opening of the den. He’d been washing them off in the stream, pulling more out as well when he realized he was being summoned.

His tail waved from side to side with such force when he arrived, that it wriggled his whole body. He moved first to greet Gunnar with a whine, and licks to his chin, before he gently nudged Taktuk’s shoulder as well- an acknowledgement of her role. Then, he parked himself right beside Tauris, his eyes bright and questioning as he found himself looking upon another wolf he did not know very well. It seemed he and Tauris knew one another- but how?
“Icelandic”
“English”
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She came upon the gathering just behind Gunnar, though they’d come from opposite sides of the territory, and she made her way over to him in time for Skald to arrive and greet them in turn. She nudged Skald in affection, and felt an unfamiliar warmth crawl through her heart. The boy had been a mere whelp when she’d first stepped into the pack! Now, he was a near man, and she did not miss how he’d placed himself at Tauris’ very shoulder.

A smile passed through the reaches of her mind, but she made no show of things.

Her curiosity lingered on Tauris, however. Had there been developments in the witch hunt? Her heart still shuddered at Moss’ word of a traitor among them… but she had not seen Germanicus since then. Taktuq felt her heart reach out for Gunnar, and she leaned a little closer to him.

Ikaros, she greeted the other boy with a nod, seeing the confusion in his eyes, but settling instead on Nornir, Tauris. Have you news for Kvarsheim?

A reason to join together? Be it only for the reason of being family, she prayed. Be it only for the purpose of being together.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Going to keep the thread progressing but anyone interested feel free to pop in whenever you like <3 no posting order

A yearling is the first to answer the call, parting through upland with intricate uncertainty upon a darkened face.

“Íkaros?” the name spikes, calling into equal question his presence here. But before she can press further, Gunnar emerges from the haze, and shortly following him, Taktuq. Her tail gives grateful sway for the leaders of their pack, ears flattening and tail lowered but whipping quickly in reverent display, returning Gunnar’s nudge with a doting head-butt and a vying whine.

Wild and bright-eyed next comes Skáld. She resists springing to her feet, opting instead to follow his ascent to watch as he makes rounds to each of the pack wolves to bestow little affectionate touches. An endearing kiss is placed upon the colt’s honeyed temple as he settles in beside her.

Together they stand. From various odds and ends. Not a one linked by blood. But luminous, determined, and maybe a little ruthless too- all that it takes to carve a life in these wilds. Her chest swells fondly for this chosen family.

Towards Taktuq's inquest her eyes light.

“The elk herds have returned to the valley for  the Summer season. I propose a hunt! Perhaps if our aim is true and our marksmen quick, our bounty will be plentiful enough to invite allies to dine with us. Riverclan and Swiftcurrent Creek. A solstice celebration to share with the whole of the valley.” Her voice grows to a reedy bell, tail goading in eager beat behind her. Suddenly gone are pretenses of formality.

Here is wolf: the hunter as willful and free as intended, and who shall join in their run?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar smiled at the girl with bright eyes and shifted to receive her head butt. He was sturdy for the most part, but sometimes his one leg didn't like to work.

Skald a good boy, his own if he'd let him.

Gunnar was wary of Elk, but there was no denying it would feed them well. And he swiftly did a head count. There would be enough to help. They could do it.

He nodded and then looked to Taktuq allowing her to choose to say anything if she so wished. HE was fine with it though.

I'm gonna Powerplay Inkeri here for a sec

Inkeri swept into the clearing and settled beside Gunnar. The old man gave her a fond smile and then returned his attention to the others.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She, too, appraises the wolves who are with them. Ikaros, Skald, Inkeri, Gunnar. Four strong, and five, counting herself. Perhaps six, if Ulfhild was not far, and was able to heed the call. Enough to stalk, chase, flank, strike. Taktuq wonders and worries for Gunnar's leg - but she trusts he will be wise in his judgment of how he might be involved in this hunt. He is still capable, after all - but he has confided in her many times how much his age has caught up with him.

It has been long since we've been able to hunt as family together, Taktuq is stirred by Tauris' enthusiasm, and her youthful declaration reminds the Modir that she, too, shares a likeness in this. She is yet young, matured only by life and responsibility. She will carry these things with her through the hunt and so care for those in her care -- but she cannot deny the excitement of the prospect of forging a celebration -- perhaps even a tradition -- between the packs of the Valley. Let us hunt, and let us celebrate! And even if the elk today is only big enough for Kvarsheim, there is no reason we cannot rally the packs together again on the longest day to celebrate the turn of the season, and the births of those we have welcomed and are welcoming into our Valley.

Had she not told Akavir this had been her prayer all along? To have peace in the valley, with every pack that settled here. And though the marsh witch threatened this, these moments reminded her that they were stronger than the threat of one. You will lead the way? a request and an invitation for Tauris to take hold of her mantle of Nordir.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Pushing along but again anyone is free to jump in anytime, no posting order I’ll just plan on posting ~once a week

Her eyes fell to Inkeri’s swift approach, offering her a cordial dip of nose and a wave of tail. The Skáti was one she had not met officially but was eager to, and she was grateful to count her among their hunting party for the strength beneath her ivory coat and an adept nose for tracking.

She could feel Gunnar’s fire but also his wariness, and could not help but to grieve that his days at the head of an elk hunt were likely over. But they would need his strength to fell their prey successfully.

Taktuq’s shared gusto draws an excited whine and a stamp of paw, though she falters when Móðir bestows upon her the honor of leading the hunt. It’s something she wishes immediately to decline, for certain fear of leading them wrong. Afterall, it’s been over a year since her last pack hunt, and she doubts her capability, especially with so much at stake. But her friend’s confidence in her makes her want to try, to rise to the challenge set, if she can Her lips pull into a tight, grateful smile and her eyes flick to evaluate their hunters.

“Inkeri and I can scout ahead; flush them out and herd them. Gunnar, Taktuq and Íkaros will target them, strike at their vitals.”

She turns then to the youngest among them. She knew he was old enough to do this, and he needed to learn how to run with the pack.

“Skáld, stick with Gunnar and Taktuq, do as they do. Watch for antlers and hooves. If you get too near the elk will kick. Stay at their side, ok?” She looks to Gunnar for his translation.

With everyone accounted for, she heralds them on with an anticipatory woof.