Altar of Twilight Hey Dark Eyes
30 Posts
Ooc — Free
All Welcome 
Backdated to two days prior to post date. Also slowly changing my writing style here, so be prepared! @Hviske

The journey had been long and tedious for the two of them. The flood gates of the heavens had opened repeatedly to delay them as they clambered over the mountains, but the pinkish woman had refused to allow it to stop their progress completely. Perhaps it was raw determination that pursued her soul as they summited the mountains and left them behind as quickly as they had come. Creed knew in the depths of her mind that if she neglected to locate her brother that she would perhaps loose the brute forever, and that was a reality that she refused to face. Despite their differences, Omnium was still her blood. 

Pale yellow eyes swung to the young wolf behind her to do a once over check. Creed was beginning to feel the exhaustion seeping into her very bones, and she could only imagine the toll their trip had taken on Hviske with his emaciated state. Her steps slowed to a slow walk as she observed their surroundings. They were nestled into a cradle between mountains with open plains stretching out in front of them. The sun had dipped below the mountains they had traveled for some time. This place was as good as any.

Perhaps we stop here for the night? Her smooth voice spoke, but her head remained pointed ahead to observe the plains that stretched out in front of them. The tall grass nearby would make sufficient cover for the night.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kai
He had spent most of this trip in silence, his young heart yearning for his broken family. Hviske was a gentle soul, only hunting when necessary, and always thanking the Shepherd for guiding his paws toward nourishing his thin stature. Perhaps his faith was one of the few remnants of the life he had left behind. The yearling was determined to keep something of his youth the same in this wild land unknown to him. His frame had yet to improve significantly, and he was still visibly underweight. 

Regardless, his strides never failed to keep up with his companion. Taxing, true, but not overly so. He was panting when she asked her question, one that he responded to after a moment of thought. Yes, his quiet voice was accompanied with a nod.

I got caught up with Meyl for a bit, but I'm back with The Boi ™!

" Let your dreams take wing upon twilight breezes,
for only by the moon's guidance can they find the path to light. "

30 Posts
Ooc — Free
All good ^^

The peachy female nodded to the younger wolf and stopped her pursuit of the dipping sun. The strain on her own muscles were enough to make her sore, so Creed could only assume that the other wolf was much worse off than her. The medium sized female settled down into a comfortable seated position to pant off the last of the quick pace she had set for the duo. A thoughtful silence settled over her before she spoke to her companion once again.

Hviske... have you given any thought about potentially finding a pack to settle in? We will pass many of them in this valley, and I have met other wolves here who have told me of them. I can easily take you to one where they might have others your age. My preferences of isolation are far fetched to most of our kind, and you might fare better there. I do not want to rob you of the young years of your life dragging you across this land on some wild goose chase to find my brother when he has quite possibly not given me any thought. It seems wrong to me. She spoke with a familiar concerned tone, but it was genuinely placed. Creed had spent her whole life chasing after Omnium, and the woman did not want the same for him.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kai
Hviske's paws were thankful for the stop, but he did not want to leave the she-wolf. Not yet, at any rate - he did not have a plan that had spanned that far and did not want to leave her without one. He had grown accustomed to his lack of a pack scent, and after a while, he didn't find it difficult to keep up with Creed despite his state. 

The yearling's body had grown used to his weight, and his paws had become lighter, making him quicker. 

His quiet voice accompanied a shake of his head. I have lived without a pack for half my life, and I do not know if I could grow fond of a new one enough to stay. It would not be a good plan.

He was odd to himself, as a yearling shouldn't be a dispersal and shouldn't be looking for a pack when he should be with his family learning the ways of the wild.

You're not one by choice, he thought bitterly. 

I do not wish to join a pack right now. It would be improper of me.

30 Posts
Ooc — Free
The pale female nodded to him then. Acknowledging his words with a thoughtfulness of her own. I do admit that you have done very well. Do not be afraid to tell me if you ever wish to go, though. It was a gentle nudge of reassurance. Creed was familiar with the itch of independence. That same itch had ended with her in the situation she was now.

The she wolf settled into a resting position on a comfortable bed of grass and placed her head atop her paws with a wide yawn. Pale yellow eyes remained closed for a moment before they cracked open to look at the multi-colored yearling. What was your family like, Hviske? Her voice was already drifting to drowsy, but she had neglected to ask him until this very moment. The atmosphere of calm was what prompted her to finally pry as to exactly what had been the catalyst for his leaving. 

It was admittedly rude to pry into the life of another, but Creed had bypassed it out of a hope that Hviske would not find her question offensive.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kai
My parents, the... 'alphas' I think wolves around here tend to call their leaders... were nice. They knew when to be heard and obeyed, but otherwise, they were decent wolves, nothing bad that is not supposed to be... you know how the wild is for us. Da was a pretty brown, Ma as black as the night sky. Both of them were grey-muzzled. Older. Elva was the oldest of my siblings, always so sure of herself. Then there was the litter before mine, yearlings, no older than I am now. I did not... get to know much about them, and their names- escape my memory. And my brothers and sisters, from... my litter- a whine escaped his throat, his voice caught and quivered. W-we were a happy family. U-until we... were not- I-

Their memories were painful, and the yearling shivered with emotion. C-can we change the topic, please? I- I'm hungry... he wasn't overly so, not to the point they needed to stop and hunt, but rather too overwhelmed with what had been to continue.

30 Posts
Ooc — Free
Another thoughtful nod was made in response to his words. The concept of a large family had always been a foreign object in her mind, but it was interesting to get a glimpse into it despite her companion's misgivings. The topic was easily dropped after Creed sensed his discomfort. A long time ago, I had a family as well. Most of my memory has been lost to time, but the memory of Omnium and I spending the first night alone is still fresh. History is... difficult. It shapes you into the wolf you will come to be, but do not let it hold you back. The peachy female paused, taking in a deep breath of the cool night air. It was blown out in the form of a cloudy mist.

It taught me how to hunt like I do now, but I did not start that way. We had not a soul to teach us, so I believe I started out even worse than you did. A fond chuckle escaped her. I still remember my first catch! A frog. It was not much to eat, but it was better than eating nothing. It went unmentioned, but she had given it to her brother. The only loyalty that was unyielding in her mind. The small bout was said in hopes to move his mind elsewhere and comfort the youngster.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kai
His own memories were plagued with hunger and sadness, of traveling on little sleep just to get to the next carcass to get what food he could. 

Not the way of his family, not the way of yearlings at all. 

It is all just in my... head still. It was not very long ago and it still hurts to think of it. his quiet voice was almost a whisper and a sad one at that. Perhaps in time, it will not hurt as much.

30 Posts
Ooc — Free
Hoping to wrap this up here!

The peachy female nodded in response to his words once more. Time heals old wounds. They may scar, but they will always fade in the end. Another attempt at comforting him. Creed felt guilty for having pried into his life and caused his upset.

In any case, we will continue on tomorrow. You can travel with me as long as you need, Hviske. The travels will end one day, but I do not mind the company during them. A small smile accompanied her words as the exhaustion of the day weighed on her. Sleep would find her soon.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kai
In a moment of weakness, the young wolf waited for her to lay down, and curled beside her as a scared pup would do in the safety of his mother's den. 

I hope you... do not mind... I- it has been a long time since I have been in the presence of one old enough to be my Ma, he whined, pressing his nose under his tail to hide his face, one paw draping over his muzzle. 

Her warmth was comforting, cutting deep into the young pup he'd barely outgrown. 

No, stop thinking about the life he left behind. That was a plan, albeit one he couldn't help but break. All of his plans had fallen apart as of late.

You are... very kind, he said after a yawn. Far kinder than I deserve.