Ouroboros Spine Heart Like Sunset
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Ajei had run after Chiteo and then her brother not realizing she was near him had gotten to far ahead of her. And now here she stood all alone, staring up at the red tree that made her tremble.

She didn't know how to get back to mama's den and her tiny chest hurt and she felt tears start falling down her face. She was too little to be this far, but Chi never listened. And now she was lost. Mama hadn't picked a rendezvous site yet. She was weaned mostly, but she still wanted mama.

She sniffled again and curled her tiny tail around her tiny paws and shook. Eyes of green gem looking all around, trying to find someone. She could smell mama, and pop but not near and she hadn't learned to follow their scent yet. Not well yet.
Moonglow
Gamma
325 Posts
Ooc — ebony
it wasn't so bad, taking care of the kids. it left chickadee with a sense of accomplishment when she lay down at night: she'd helped out and found a purpose in the clearings between the mothers' dens.
today she found shy little ajei huddled on the ground a distance from shikoba's den. "hey," she said gently, tail waving. "do you want me to help you find your mom?" she asked, nosing closer and dropping to her belly so she could meet ajei at her tiny level.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei knew that voice and the wolf and with a small little wag of her tail and a sniffle she burrowed into Chickadees chest.

Yes please. her voice soft and wavering. She at least could talk more now. The relief of someone being near was overwhelming and she cried a little harder. But she tried to explain.

I follow Chiteo, but he not see me.
Moonglow
Gamma
325 Posts
Ooc — ebony
surprised, touched, chickadee scooped ajei close and held her until the girl stopped crying so much. "well, i bet chiteo will be shocked to see you gone! maybe we can find him on the way."
chickadee glanced up at the lone maple. "do you know this tree is called firemother?"
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She doubted Chiteo even knew she'd been there, honestly.  maybe.

Ajei looked up at the tree and sniffled and shook her head. Why is that it name?

She ran a tiny paw across her little face and studied it closer.
Moonglow
Gamma
325 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"hmm. i'm not sure. but i bet the moon woman has a story about it." however, she didn't move them in that direction yet, considering.
"why do you think it has that name, ajei?" chickadee asked, trying to coax the girl out of her shell a little more each day.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei liked stories. Another sniffle, but she tried a watery smile and a small wag of her tail.

it look like it be sun sleep and sun wake colors. Mmm mama i dink say firekissed.

She looked at it wide eyed. It is pwetty.::
Moonglow
Gamma
325 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"firekissed! that's a big word, ajei," chickadee said in praise. she glanced down at the girl. "it is really pretty."
the yearling reached out a paw to press down a lower branch. "come and touch her leaves. just be easy, okay?"
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A small little hiccough and a smile. Tanks.

Ajei stepped forward and with very gentle paws touched the fire mothers petals. It truly was pretty and they were softer than she imagined.

Why so rred?
Moonglow
Gamma
325 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"maples are always that red. i bet it's in the rain they drink." or something. 
chickadee grinned. "what's your favorite place of all, ajei?"
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She frowned. But rain is bwue or cwear? She looked up at the tree confused, but then she gave alittle shrug and sniffed a gentle nose at the bottom of the tree. Her own little maw quivering. A small smile lighting up her tiny face.

Oh I like de River! It sounds like fairies singing and dancing. Mama says we have to say prayer and give thanks to river and mountains. Did you know that?
Moonglow
Gamma
325 Posts
Ooc — ebony
fairies? and the kid had a point about the color blue, but before chickadee could answer that, she focused on the first. "i didn't know that, but i kinda agree. the mountains and the water, well they give us wolves a lot of stuff, right? what kind of prayers does your mom talk about?"
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei's tail wagged. Her mama was her favorite topic. She loved her to the moon and back and even beyond that, but she didn't know how to verbalize that. So she nodded. 

She say we just say thank you for what de give. Give dem food and other things to make sure it helps.

She didn't know all the nuances, but her mama told her it was the way it was and so she believed it completely.
Moonglow
Gamma
325 Posts
Ooc — ebony
chickadee nodded. that was sort of the theme of moonglow, wasn't it? well. one of them.
she was learning.
"what would you say to firemother then, ajei?" she asked, smiling down at the kid. "like, if you were thanking her?"
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei looked up and up. Big, bigger than her but beautiful. Ahe frowned in thought.

I tank her fir the shad she give, and the home she give the birdies so we can survive. I tank her for tallness to keep watch.

She nodded that was enough for now.

You tank her?
Moonglow
Gamma
325 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"me?"
"oh, uh," chickadee stammered ineloquently.
she closed her eyes. "thanks for helping me find moonglow. or sending kivaluk to find me. which .. ever," she finished, a weak note, but she hoped ajei would be pleased.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Hadn't Chickadee asked her to pray? Why shouldn't she as well? She had something to be happy for right. Ajei lay an ear down wondering if perhaps she had done something she wasn't supposed too at the girls stammer. Was she not supposed to ask?

She curled her tail against her rear legs and looked down for a minute. Feeling tears simmering for a moment, but then the older female began to speak and Ajei listened. She had to sniffle once or twice, but she gave a nod to the girl. That she had done good.

There now all prayers good. Mama says always thank.
Moonglow
Gamma
325 Posts
Ooc — ebony
ajei seemed suddenly hurt again, and chickadee wasn't sure what to do. "thank you for teaching me," she said awkwardly. "do you want to go and find something to eat, maybe?" her tail wagged ever so gently as she glanced up toward firemother.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei nodded. Yes please and you're welcome. Thank you for taking care of me. Ajei smiled. her mama had always told her to be polite and thank. So she did. She looked back at Fire mother. 

She pretty.

Then she nudged the she wolf gently unsure what to do from here. She didnt hunt. Usually mama brought her food. Though she should probably learn soon.
Moonglow
Gamma
325 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"she's very pretty." for a moment she gazed at the tree. "the moonwoman had something new and tasty she was making up there, by the dens. let's go and see," chickadee invited, nosing ajei.
pointing out brighter leaves here and there, a squirrel, a chipmunk, she would lead the girl back to kukutux and her mixture of rich deer fat with snowberries plucked from higher along the spine.