Stone Circle I’m light as a feather
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Private 
<3 please let me know if anything needs fixing

She’s rummaging about the highlands, self-pity hunting among a collection of nerves and half-formed ideas about what to do with herself in the coming days. She noses a little despondently for Móðir’s scent, knowing she should not cower in shame but unable to peel herself from it, anyway.

An obscure path leads to a gratefully secluded grove, where words exchanged might not be overheard by investigating ears. But when she fixes her eyes upon the alpha, silver figure growing with soft curves, something surprising stills her steps.

@Taktuq is pregnant.
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
You're good! <3 hopefully this makes sense lol! I flew home today and am trying to stay up to beat jet lag xD

In these past three weeks, very little had changed. Of course, slight illness took her in the mornings, and sometimes, the sight of food made her nauseous, while other times, she couldn't think of anything else she needed more than food. But physically, she felt nothing. No signs of movement, no gentle swelling, and so, Taktuq had said no words to anyone on her rendezvous with Gunnar.

She could not, until today.

A stirring woke her - and she started, eyes wide and brows raised.

Minutes passed, and she thought she must have dreamt it - but then, another came.

A wild rush filled her. Excitement? Fear? A churning feeling in the pit of her belly. Funny, how anxiety and adrenaline gave the same kind of queasy rush.

She must tell Gunnar. And yet... and yet. She needed time. She had wanted this - and now it was here - and now it was more than a dream. It was reality...

and the thought rocked her.

Taktuq found herself a quiet place to consider these things. This new reality. Children - their children! Her children. - and her ears turned at the sound of familiar footfalls. Not the limping gait of Gunnar, but of someone more steady.

She turned, suddenly self-conscious before her Nornir's sudden stillness. Tauris, she greeted the woman, as normal as she could, though she felt the sheepishness in the shift of her ears. She must tell Gunnar. She must tell him. But perhaps first... come. I have... news, though perhaps Tauris could already tell. After all, Taktuq couldn't see how her trim figure had already begun to fill.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi

This is beautiful <3 and ahh I wish you luck, I’ve been struggling with getting up for work and mine’s only a 3hr difference!

“Tak, you’re-” She slips briefly from her tangled head and pads towards Móðir’s  beckoning side, eyes wide and flickering over her rounding form. When?... And who? Half the pack is too young, Gunnar too old, and surely it is not Germanicus who has fathered her litter.

“How do you feel?” She gauges carefully, ears rearing in anxiety as she searches for answers in Taktuq’s face for how to respond to the news.

Is this what she wants?
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
and yours is beautiful too, as always!! Oof haha yeah, even a 3hr time difference is killer! I hope getting up gets easier for you soon too, Tazi!

Pregnant, she finishes her friend’s statement, and is overcome by a laugh. Deep and genuine and wholly relieved. As though admitting it out loud broke the floodgate of emotions that swelled in her chest and threatened to explode in some other way if she held silent any longer.

Questions seem to fill her, but only one is asked. Similar to the one she wondered aloud to Ethan, and Taktuq understood.

Surreal, she says after a moment’s though, and a shy smile overtakes her, I don’t know a better word. Excited? Anxious? Maybe a little bit of both, and then, because she knows it will be asked, they will be the future of Kvarsheim. I want them to be noble, strong, and kind, from a good man. I want their father to reflect this to them, so I asked Gunnar to sire them.
Kvarsheim
NPC
474 Posts
Ooc — tazi
Her breath catching is unbidden.

Gunnar? But he’s so….old.

And yet, the more she thinks on it, the more it makes sense. Faðir is old but he’s of strong breeding. Her pups will live to know him, he will provide for them. He has no children by blood. Theirs might not be a romantic attachment, but it is a loving one. As much as the initial reveal has surprised her, she can see the wisdom in making such a choice.

“Gunnar is a good man,” She agrees, “he will make a good father. And you a good mother. Your pups, they are lucky.” The entirety of the pack will be devoted to these children, a union between both alphas, Móðir and Faðir, as perhaps it always should have been.

“And I will help you, in whatever way needed. I can… babysit,” Hesitation arcs her shoulders, finding the idea of little ones scurrying about more nauseating than ever, but determined to save face at least in the presence of her friend.

“I am happy for you, Taktuq.” She places a gentle paw to her shoulder.

But her face is burning up. Her eyes are glossing over with tears and she’s not exactly sure why.