Gyrfalcon's Keep Among the Gyrs
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
87 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
Joining 
It was a beautiful early morning, the air was clear and she could hear the sound of gyrfalcons in the near distance. Gyrfalcons were her namesake chosen by her parents when she was born. Her coat was almost the same color as a Gyr in its grey plumage and Greyfalcon herself was often given the nickname Gyr

She stood silently listening to their songs and cries, to her these were as wonderful as a lullaby. Where she was born, in the Canadian wilderness, she would often hear their cries in the morning and these were her wake up calls. 

She looked ahead of her at the line of trees and the path leading to Gyrfalcons Keep. She let out a gentle howl signifying her presence, and hoping someone would be willing to take her in. “Maybe today, just maybe it will be my lucky day… maybe I’ll finally have a home at last.” She thought to herself and sat down at the border.
76 Posts
Ooc —
quick cameo, with a few tags! consider this a "behind the scenes" - so none need respond unless posting to greet the visitor!

A call had rung through the keep. Asvoria heard it, even from the confines of the temple. But she could not answer this summons, as the gods required her full attention on this day.

From her walls of prayer, the high priestess looked to @Solveig who sat guard nearby. I cannot go, She informs them, eyes focused upon the grand stone before her. Send @Dreven or @Velaryon to greet them.... or yourself, if you must. 

But one thing was made clear. Asvoria would not be parting ways from the temple any time soon.

Old Norse | Common Tongue
— —
Hover over text for unknown tongue translations.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Having spent time searching for potential packmates, Solveig felt her wanderlust had been satiated, and now she had the patience to sit and guard the temple. She watched for movement, though she felt confident enough about their growing handful of guardians to relax a bit as well. The like likelihood of a stranger trespassing and targeting Asvoria at the temple was highly unlikely- so she knew that the real task at hand was simply sitting guard, and staying awake while doing so. 

She could tell that Asvoria would likely prefer for her to stay, when the call came. Solveig did not expect Asvoria to budge from her temple, though it meant that whoever greeted the wolf would have to vouch for their admission as well. "I will go," She said. "I will not be long." She said. If she felt the meeting would take more time, she could call for one of the other guards to attend to Asvoria at the temple, after all. 

The visitor's summons had sounded polite, so Solveig approached at an easy trot, catching sight of the wolf waiting patiently. Solveig's eyes saw a wolf marked much like a greyjay- though the benign yet intense glimmer in her eyes was akin to the one their resident gyrfalcons sported. She bobbed her head in greeting. "Greetings," She said. Her own, traditional means of greeting wolves had been dropped for some time, as most of the wolves in this area seemed to speak English. "You have come to the borders of Hljóðrfell. What brings you here?" She asked.
"Old Norse" | "Common Tongue"
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
87 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
Joining 
Greyfalcon stood up and with a gentle smile and said, “Greetings, thank you for answering my call.”

She cut to the chase as to not take up this wolfs precious time, “I’ve been traveling  in search of somewhere I can stay and rest.” “I have made a journey from my birthplace one year ago and am looking for a place to finally call home. I’ve been a loner for quite some time and I must say it’s getting quite lonely.

She hoped the wolf would be accepting and let her stay and rest. This wolf seemed to have an important aura, maybe she was of high rank….
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Solveig's brow raised, and her lips pulled together as she was addressed in a manner that convinced her that this meeting would likely go over quite smoothly. While Solveig took her role quite seriously, she was never eager to chase away snarky, disrespectful wolves or trespassers unless she was in the mood for it. This wolf was a breath of fresh air; courteous, polite, and certainly well-spoken. It flattered Solveig to be addressed in such a fine way, and flamed the embers of her ego. 

She warmed, smiling. In spite of travelling on her own for a year, the woman certainly seemed well-kept. A mark of her ability to survive, Solveig thought. "Our pack is welcoming for weary travellers," She said, gesturing for the traveler to walk with her. There was a cool, glacier-fed lake nearby that might appeal to the newcomer. "Let us walk, and get to know one another. I am Solveig, I am called Hásæti, the...Head of the guard," She said, having to pause for a moment to find the right word for her rank in a way that the stranger might understand. "What is it, ah, your name?"
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
87 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
She walked beside the kind wolf, “Thank you,” she said gratefully, “I’m pleased to meet you Solveig, my name is Greyfalcon but for short my parents always called me Gyr.” She was impressed, she had never met a guard, much less a captain.  This seemed like it was meant to be, like the old Gods led her to this pack, and if it’s in their will maybe it will become her home.
@Solveig
“If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?” Hawkeye Pierce
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
87 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(May 22, 2023, 10:59 PM)Greyfalcon Wrote: She walked beside the kind wolf, “Thank you,” she said gratefully, “I’m pleased to meet you Solveig, my name is Greyfalcon but for short my parents always called me Gyr.” She was impressed, she had never met a guard, much less a captain.  This seemed like it was meant to be, like the old Gods led her to this pack, and if it’s in their will maybe it will become her home.

“What’s it like being captain of the guard? It must be very important work.”
She walked side by side with Solveig, and while taking in the scenery wanted to know more about this woman’s history.  Being born in the Canadian wilderness she didn’t know many other wolves besides her parents and a few pack mates, so she wasn’t sure if she was in wrong for prying.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Solveig huffed at the name she was given, lifting her chin slightly and giving the woman a slightly incredulous look. One side of her lips drew up into a droll smile, and one eyebrow dipped down. "Hahah! You are pulling my leg, ya?" She asked, before she gestured to the short mountain, whose apex peeked out above the treeline. "They live here, gyrfalcons; many of them." She explained. Coincidences such as this pleased Solveig very much; she would interpret Greyfalcon's arrival as a good omen from the Old Gods. 

Being asked about her role also pleased her. "It is a good life," She said. "This pack has...two and a half moons? Here, anyway. We come from another land- but left because it changed, and we wished to keep our ways." She said. "So we are small, still; there are not many yet in our Vorn, but we will grow with time." She said. "What roles suit you best?" She asked, then, curious what Greyfalcon might want to take on should she decide to join them.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
87 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(May 24, 2023, 05:56 PM)Solveig Wrote: Solveig huffed at the name she was given, lifting her chin slightly and giving the woman a slightly incredulous look. One side of her lips drew up into a droll smile, and one eyebrow dipped down. "Hahah! You are pulling my leg, ya?" She asked, before she gestured to the short mountain, whose apex peeked out above the treeline. "They live here, gyrfalcons; many of them." She explained. Coincidences such as this pleased Solveig very much; she would interpret Greyfalcon's arrival as a good omen from the Old Gods. 

Being asked about her role also pleased her. "It is a good life," She said. "This pack has...two and a half moons? Here, anyway. We come from another land- but left because it changed, and we wished to keep our ways." She said. "So we are small, still; there are not many yet in our Vorn, but we will grow with time." She said. "What roles suit you best?" She asked, then, curious what Greyfalcon might want to take on should she decide to join them.

“I am afraid I am not pulling your leg,” she smiled with a chuckle, “back in Canada I would hear their calls and they were often seen flying high or perched on nearby peaks, thus my namesake.”

This pack seemed to have quite the rich history for being fairly small and new. Ranks….? As her home pack was quite small she did not understand the importance of ranks, but she knew where her skills lay. “I am a good huntress as well as a guardian,” she said, wondering whether there was a role having to do with either of those things, “I am also fond of reconnaissance and scouting. Able to travel for a decent time in search of good hunting and resources.”
Also, a pack big or small benefits from the collaboration the members together as a whole. This she knew no matter what.
(@Solvieg)
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Solveig smiled. This couldn't have been a better opportunity to recruit a new pack member, she thought. Greyfalcon seemed to like the place, and given the fact she was from Canada, Solveig thought she might fit in well in the low mountains, where the winters perhaps weren't as brutal as the ones she'd had up North, but familiar all the same. The rugged terrain, blueish-green alpine lakes and thick evergreen forests would make her feel right at home. 

"A gyr of many skills," She chimed. Greyfalcon's use wouldn't be too difficult to settle, and Solveig knew that she would have to speak with Asvoria about which assignment she would like. Now, though, she had to address the topic of their faith, to a stranger. 

"We are a place of peace, and we follow the Old Gods, and do their will. Do you have, or know of, a religion for yourself?" Solveig asked.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
87 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(June 02, 2023, 10:41 AM)Solveig Wrote: Solveig smiled. This couldn't have been a better opportunity to recruit a new pack member, she thought. Greyfalcon seemed to like the place, and given the fact she was from Canada, Solveig thought she might fit in well in the low mountains, where the winters perhaps weren't as brutal as the ones she'd had up North, but familiar all the same. The rugged terrain, blueish-green alpine lakes and thick evergreen forests would make her feel right at home. 

"A gyr of many skills," She chimed. Greyfalcon's use wouldn't be too difficult to settle, and Solveig knew that she would have to speak with Asvoria about which assignment she would like. Now, though, she had to address the topic of their faith, to a stranger. 

"We are a place of peace, and we follow the Old Gods, and do their will. Do you have, or know of, a religion for yourself?" Solveig asked.
“Yes, indeed.” She said, “and no, I do not have a set religion, but I do believe in the will of the Gods.” “I believe they led me here, I feel… a certain presence or maybe a connection to this land.She wasn’t sure if this sounded weird, but perhaps it reminded her of her own home.

She was willing to learn this packs ways, anything to once again feel the safety of a warm community, and if this was of the Gods will then that is what she will do. Learn, and serve.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She had faith, Solveig thought- though it seemed to need a bit of direction, if she wished to channel her faith in such a way that might grant her peace and comfort. If she knew who to pray to, and how to speak with them, she might find herself much more fulfilled; and believing that the Gods had a will and a purpose for her was an important first step. 

"This is a hallowed land," She said, with a proud smile. It flattered her that Greyfalcon could sense a connection it, knowing that they had done well to choose the Keep for their home. "We believe that the Gods chose this land for us- and if it feels like home to you as well, then you belong with us." She said. "Come; I will show you to the place where we make ourselves at home. Our High Priestess, Asvoria, will want to meet you soon, though she is currently in prayer at our temple." She explained.
Raventhorpe
Njósn
FalconWhisperer
87 Posts
Ooc — C.C/Annie
(June 04, 2023, 11:26 AM)Solveig Wrote: She had faith, Solveig thought- though it seemed to need a bit of direction, if she wished to channel her faith in such a way that might grant her peace and comfort. If she knew who to pray to, and how to speak with them, she might find herself much more fulfilled; and believing that the Gods had a will and a purpose for her was an important first step. 

"This is a hallowed land," She said, with a proud smile. It flattered her that Greyfalcon could sense a connection it, knowing that they had done well to choose the Keep for their home. "We believe that the Gods chose this land for us- and if it feels like home to you as well, then you belong with us." She said. "Come; I will show you to the place where we make ourselves at home. Our High Priestess, Asvoria, will want to meet you soon, though she is currently in prayer at our temple." She explained.
She simply nodded. And walked beside the kind woman, listening to her.
“Of course, I would be honored to meet her.” She did not wish to disturb the high priestess. She had a good feeling about all of this….
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Meeting Asvoria would give Gyr acceptance, and so she could dwell with the pack and become accustomed to living amongst the birds she'd been named for. A temple guardian, Solveig would spend the majority of her time working as a guardian but knew that their high priestess would seek out Gyr eventually, to see what trades she might choose to pursue. 

For now, she would only need to be concerned with settling in, and getting to know both her new realm and her packmates.