Stone Circle Becoming one with the stones.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
The bear whisperer
60 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Away
Joining 
Don’t worry about a tussle or two with my big guy.
He’s as strong as a bear, and a very formidable opponent. 
;) But, he is respectful, and most likely will not pick a fight unless he feels threatened.

It was the midday in the teekon wilds, the sun was at its peak, and the sky was a beautiful blue.

A Lone wolf who had been traveling the wilds, had come upon a strange structure of stones. This looked to be a gathering place of sorts, but he could not see anyone nearby. He padded up to one of the biggest standing rocks, and studied it. It puzzled him, how are these stones standing? This was something he may never know, however, he did want to know where he was. He sniffed the ground, into his surprise. He smelt the scent of a wolf, but not just one, multiple.

With this discovery, he had an idea. Perhaps this is a pack territory, so he threw back his head and let out a deep, menacing Howl.

At the first sight of him, most anyone would think he is a Brown bear. This frightened other creatures, because of his uncanny resemblance. He moved like a bear, he always carried his head low like such, and he was large in size.

(So excited to join Kvarsheim!)
Active weekdays: Monday (evenings), Saturday, Sunday — Most evening times are open (PST: Pacific Standard Time)
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
A howl through the air.
Ulfhild rerouted in her patrol of the borders to lope upon the man. 
He was as big as herself, but no less impressive. 
The pale behemoth noted this impassively as she came to stand before the stranger, looking down upon him with a molten-gold gaze and forward-cup of her ears. 
"Hail. This is Kvarsheim. I am Ulfhild, Systir of the Heim." She introduced, voice thick with Icelandic accent whilst massive paws planted her firmly to hold a stocky, heavy-set and muscular body in place. 

Her eyes never left him, expectant that he would answer in kind.
Protect the Weak, Purge the Evil
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
A howl cut her to the quick. Strong, masculine, and decidedly threatening. Lifting from the way of Stone Circle.

Taktuq forged a warpath through the birch wood forest, senses alert. Aware, as well, of the danger of showing up alone. But a leader protected her people; she knew that this is what her mother would have done. And didn’t Nanook’s blood pulsed through her?

Still, she would not be foolish. She slowed near the edge of the birch trees where forest broke through to clear sky. Voices lifted from the circle, and she was filled with relief.

Ulfhild.

The woman’s presence graced her with confidence and Taktuq drew forward,  pulled to as impressive a height as she could manage, head held tall despite being dwarfed by the titans before her.

And I am Taktuq, she said, with an edge to her voice, why are you on Kvarsheim’s land? Why do you call with a threat in your voice? If you seek to harm us, leave, her lip curled back to accentuate her final word, and the fur along her back rose with the lift of her tail — but she did not strike.

He had one chance to answer.

sorry for my gal! ^^; His howl was described as menacing so she’s responding in kind! Curious to see where this goes though! And welcome to Wolf! <3
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
The bear whisperer
60 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Away
No problem. I’m excited as well.

After encountering the first wolf, a second one came to join the previous. This wolf was showing a defensive position, her words nodded towards intimidation, but also inquiry. He too, braced himself, but did not want to appear a threat.  “I am Bjorn.” he rumbled in a Norwegian accent, “A loner with no pack, no home. I seek shelter.” He was honest in his answer, “ And I apologize for the threatening sound of my howl, it has always been that way.” 

These wolves had no reason to trust him, but he hoped and prayed to himself that they would.
Active weekdays: Monday (evenings), Saturday, Sunday — Most evening times are open (PST: Pacific Standard Time)
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Ulfhild glanced once, briefly, to Taktuq as she came to The Protector's side with tail and hackles high. 
The pale behemoth's amber gaze returned to the man as he offered his name, and his intentions.

The Shieldmaiden made an acknowledging rumble before glancing again to the Mother of the Heim.
It was her choice, after all. Ulfhild was simply protection, not the authority.
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She found a grounding in Ulfhild's presence; her Systir made her strong. Taktuq could not fear the bear-wolf when the Shieldmaiden was here beside her.

Bjorn spoke, and Taktuq considered him. He sought shelter, like every other who found their place within Kvarsheim, and, just the same, he sought a home. Her fur still prickled from the echoes of his call, but she stilled herself and steadied her thoughts. Being a loner was enough to steal anyone's social graces, after all.

She cast a quick glance to Ulfhild before addressing Bjorn again. If you are to run with Kvarsheim, I will work with you to take the threat out of your howl. Otherwise, it will only bring trouble, and she would not be the reason trouble came crashing down around them. Kvarsheim is a family, and it was at these words she finally softened, her love for the pack seeping through, we run, work, live, love as family, together. We pull our weight because our eye is on the other first. Is this the life that you seek?

Taktuq could tell that with some shaping, he could be a fine protector, like Ulfhild, Gunnar, and Tauris, even. And with pups on the horizon, they could use all the more eyes and all the more strength.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
The bear whisperer
60 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Away
The strong woman spoke with integrity, honor, and pride. Her passion for her pack was something all wolves would admire. He stood proudly, listening intently to each and every word she spoke, taking them to heart. 

This was his only chance, and he would not mess it up. He had already been chased for his original home of Yellowstone, he would not risk that happening a second time.

“It is. I want to live my life in honor, and I would want nothing more than to be the kind of wolf your pack looks too.” He replied, “And if altering my howl is something that must be done, I shall do it for myself, and my possible pack.” Bjorn bowed his head low in respect.
The Protector
48 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Apologies for holding this up, been dealing with a major depression slump
Ulfhild did not interrupt as Taktuq spoke to the stranger, Bjorn.
A familiar name, she noted, though he himself was not familiar to her.
A name of her homelands, one of them anyway.

The behemoth was appeased by the bearish man's respectful bow of his head, the agreement to work on himself.
Ulfhild smiled slightly, a ghost of a thing, looking to the Mother now for her input, and to see if the Shieldmaiden was needed further.
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
No worries, I am sorry to hear; that is certainly not easy & I pray that things will get better for you soon <3

The boy seemed to hold himself taller as she spoke, and this brought a warmth to Taktuq’s heart which only grew as he agreed to her conditions and pledged himself to everything Kvarsheim stood for. Compassion, honour, kin.

She caught Ulfhild’s eye upon her, and Taktuq looked to her with silent agreement — catching the dim light of her Shieldmaiden’s smile.

It was enough.

As Bjorn bowed his head, Taktuq stepped forward and placed his nose on his crown.

Rise, she said softly, Ulfhild will show you the packlands, and I will walk with you. He would prove himself a strong number to their growing family, in time to show himself as protector of the old and the new. The thought made her heart soar. Bjorn, Brodir of Kvarsheim. We welcome you home.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
The bear whisperer
60 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Away
Quote:@Taktuq how do I close this thread?