Ouroboros Spine Dust motes on the river bed
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Private 
@Arrluk

Again Ajei found herself traveling near the river. There was something comforting about the sound it made as it rushed across the stones and the loud plops of the fish as they jumped up. Their scales glittering in the bright sunlight as it dipped along her, coloring her reds in shades of fire.

Green eyes, as clear as grass gazed upon the crystalline water and she couldn't quite stop the hum that sprung from her lips. Adding words now that she knew some. She could speak some of her mother's tongue and she preferred those words to the common ones for songs.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
The path to the river was one which Aiolos had taken time and time again. It was a straight walk eastward into the central part of their home. He would go from the shared ulaq of Moonwoman, to the grandfather stone and sit atop it, then to the river to drink or fish. 

Now, Arrluk followed these same steps, for as he quietly watched his father, he had a want to be just like him, as many sons did if not to defy and be the exact oposite. 

Arrluk followed the sounds of water flow and then, the sounds of soft singing. Ajei was settled at the riverbed and he woofed his arrival to her. Approaching, head leveled with his spine and his tail swaying gently between his hind legs.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei knew the river was not a quiet space even with all the noise, but with the wolves that traversed the mountain home.

Ajei had seen a few in their travels. Most she could handle. She was learning most of the faces of her home.

A woof and lifted head to meet the gaze of the wolf pup colored in lights and shadows. She knew him and despite that she was nervous. She bowed her head to him and wagged small tail.

Hi.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Her song stops and she turns to face him with a bowed head and tail swayed, much as his own stature. Hey. He answers back. He had met her before, when Chickadee would visit and round the pups for play outside the den. A pup like him, but not sister or brother. 

Like, water? The killer whale boy asked as he sat down, inching his butt across the dirt as he drew closer to the water's edge to peer within. Already his father had told him to be mindful not to go in, not until he was strong enough for the water, whatever that meant.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She knew this one. She had sat near him with Chickadee. Though she couldn't remember if they'd spoken or played. She had been pretty shy and not very good at talking yet.

She nodded with a smile and a small little wriggle in her body. Yes! It sound like singin' and de fish is like wainbow colors. And it is strong dat river.

She smiled at him and peered in with him. Mama say no get too close, but I like to watch et. Do you like water?
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ajei responds with all smiles and excitement, talking about the strength of the river, the rainbow colors the different fish made and how to her the water sounded like singing. 

Arrluk offers a small smile, still looking in the water and shifting his sight between her rippling reflection, his own and the fish. Seeing himself in the water, he is reminded of how different he looks compared to the rest of his family. 

He leans back. Yeah, rain water too. It's, He pondered a good word, Soothing The rain pitter-pattering on the grass and leaves, the river over the rocks and one day he might find that the roar of a waterfall and crashing of waves also brought him a certain sense of peace. 

Dad said the same, about staying out, for now. Arrluk was a rather good pup, too, and had no intention of testing his father's reasoning.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei rather likes his bold unique colors. It speaks of something beyond the tiny home of moonglow. A small dose of something different and nice at the same time. Perhaps calming if she knew the word meaning.

She blinked up at him wide eyed. What is soothin'?

She shifted and siad softly. Sometimes if you sittin' real still like bunnies in the tall meadows. The fish de will jumpin' really high and it splish splash on you. Feels nice but sometimes it be cold.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
It is... His muzzle tips up, trying to think a way to explain and his white spotted brows furrow. Ah! His eyes widened as a light bulb turns on in his head and he cast his puppy-blue gaze back to her, eyes having yet to turn their true color. It is like, something that makes you feel good. Like mother's warmth and a full belly. 

Then, she speaks of being still and the fish jumping close, splashing with cool waters. He nods, tail waving behind him and he lowers slowly to be laying down by the river bank and facing it, front legs outstretched so he could tip his white toes into the chilly water. Dad says you have to be real still like that when you go fishing. He will stand in the water until the fish come close, even nipping at his ankles! And then, Arrluk jerks forward, snapping his jaws at the open air over the waters surface. He snatches one up out of the water!
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She smiled at the imagery he invoked. As she thought of Mama and her warm belly after food. It was a wonderful feeling.

i like soothin'

Ajei squealed a little when he jumped forward. And then giggled eyes crinkling at the corners. He bite hard,? But fish are so slippy.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Me too. There was a sudden shyness in him as she said she liked the word and he turns his eyes back to the water, yet grins and turns back at her squeal and laughter. 

Yeah, they are, so you have to bite real hard and try to hold on. Some fish are as big as us or bigger and very strong. There are trout...and salmon... bears eat those. His sentence slowed, obviously trying to remember what Aiolos had taught him. 

I think I want to be a fisherman, one day. And a guardian, like his father. Watchful, thoughtful and a water hunter.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ahe titled her ears to catch his words. Still floppy at the tips. But she was growing though she'd never be big.

Fish can be really strong? Will de eat us?

She was a bit worried about that now. She looked in the water. None had ever seemed really big.

She look3d at him and smiled. I think you be makin' a great fishersman. I not sure what I'm wantin to do. Im not very brave like mama or Chiteo. And I'm not very big.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
A hmmmm edged his lips, head tilting with a wonder as he looked into the river. I don't think so... But it was clear he wasn't certain. Maybe that's another good reason to stay out. He decides with a sheepish look. Their parents hadnt mentioned that part but yeah, best wait until they were older before going in. After all, some parts of the water looked to be moving very fast. 

Flicking his eyes back to Ajei. That's okay... my mom's not big but, she knows how to do all kinds of things. We will find something you like. I can help. Right now, he guessed they didn't have to worry about it just yet.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei looked wide eyed into the water, now wondering what all kinds of creatures lurked there. She was both fearful and kind of curious. Though she could never say that. She opened her mouth to speak often, but the words just wouldn't come.

She nods. Maybe. But thats okay. We can watch it an be happy until we bigger.

Ajei lifted her head proudly and smiled. My mama isn't big either, but she is good. Does many things. A warrior, but she best at being Chiteo and my mama.

She curled her tiny tail and studied the boy in front of her. What other things you like do?

Eyes fell to the forest floor in shyness.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Arrluk nods his head as well, silently agreeing with her about the water. One day he would find out that he enjoyed swimming too.  

With a proud lift of her head, Arrluk's lowered, resting on his outstretched front limbs a moment as his white lined ears swiveled, listening to her speak about her mom. 

She must be real strong. He commented, hearing of her being a warrior. His dad came and went alot. He would say, 'protecting the pack's home'. He probably spent time with her mom then. 

Again he thought of his mother. She sang and told stories, hunted and skinned the meat, healed and counseled. What else did Arrluk like? Oh ummm... He thought and lifted his head back up. Following dad around the lake, listening to mom sing while she skins, wrestling with Massaraq...Wot you do when not with water?
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei wasn't sure if she'd like the water to splash and play, perhaps. But for now she was content to watch it ebb and flow.

She is, but she say everyone be strong in their own way. Somehow. Brother Chiteo strong too, big, bigger dan me.

Ajei's head tilted and her ears pressed forward at his question and she thought about it. I sing lots, and hum. Moonwoman teacha me to take meat off furs and put dem in the river to clean, and sing. I like to watch de butterflies and play in de flowers. De smell nice. Roll, roll and it makes fur smell good too, but sometimes gets itchy and buggys.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
She's right. Arrluk agreed when Ajei told him what her mother had said. That's okay. To her brother being bigger. Massaraq is bigger then me... He admitted. And Kassuq taller too. But he skinny. He said with a laugh. Maybe it would not be so always.

Then, she said that she liked to sing and humm. That his mother had taught her songs and how to strip the fur from the meat. Maybe he should learn that, too. 

Ajei also spoke about butterflies, flowers and bugs. I had a bug fly and hit me in the face once. He said with a laugh and sticking out his tongue, thinking back to that day. Show me where you roll? He then asks, wondering if she would be interested in showing him the flowers.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A small wiggle at his agreement that her mama was right. A sweet syrupy smile added in too. Ajei wanted to pat him, but she was far too shy so instead she dipped her muzzle down. 

You no worry Arrluk. You be big big someday, big fisher wolf. Then her shyness got the best of her and she looked away, a small tremble in her paw.

A trill of laughter and mimed his tongue sticking out. Bet it was yucky!

She nodded, there was only a small area nearby. There were others, but this one was close. Staying near the river, but swaying gently with the breeze as she walked a bounce in her step. She made it to the small wildflower patch and looked at him with excitement.

Then she flopped and rolled.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
She was shy, gentle. Arrluk didnt know jt yet, but her being so put Arrluk at ease, where often he too might feel a little out of place and awkward when starting up conversations, something passed from his father's own 'man of little words' nature. 

Though her eyes cast away, soon she was finding laughter again, sticking her tongue out just the same. Just glad it didn't bite me. He said, then adding nonchalantly. @Massaraq killed it. He'd make a fine warrior yet! 

Lifting, he follows the snow and fire girl along the riverside until they came to a little patch of wild flowers. She stopped. She laid. She rolled. Arrluk mimicked her actions, riggling his body back and forth while on his back and tongue hanging to the side of open jaws.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei didn't know quite yet how her personality would help or hinder her. But sometimes even as young as she was it could be frustrating.

She nods. Aren't brodders de best. Chi take good csre of me. He be killin' all de bugs. she giggled and looked up again eyescalight with childlike happiness.

She flopped and rolled even pressed his paw. Isnt it fun!! Now smell your fur!.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Arrluk nods when she spoke of their brothers. Arrluk had been introduced to many family members in his few months of life- sisters, brothers, some older then he and two mothers, a father. He couldn't imagine life without the big family. Didnt think hard on it, either. He was easily distracted by the flowers and playing with Ajei. 

Maybe one day, you'll have sisters too. Arrluk had @Galana yet many other older sisters which had visited. Galana was colored much like Ajei but still different. Galana's legs faded to more of a ginger, colors in their father's fur. Ajei had more white via her paws and inside her ears. 

He smelt the flowers in his fur- dandelions and chamomile, although did not know the name of these. He sneezed and sheepishly smiled, ears folding downward. In this time spending the day with her, Arrluk had come to enjoy Ajei. She was calm and quiet, her voice soft- soothin', as they spoke of before.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Unlike the young prince beside her. Her family was small and that was okay. She liked the close knit feel. Though she'd like to meet Mojag better someday.

Ajei nodded. Maybe but if no. It's okay.

Chiteo was lighter than the fire kissed shy one. He was pale and bigger, but she liked it. 

Ajei had more fun than she had thought she would. But she enjoyed thia boys spirit and calmness. It helped ease the tightening that always seemed present in the presence of others.

I had fun today. Arrluk! Thank you.
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Arrluk was happy to watch her in the flower bed, his tail moving back and forth over the grass as he did so. Her brightness reflected in her coat, blazing in the sun. Even though she wasn't one of Moonwoman and Sunman's children, she could have easily been mistaken as such. 

I did too... He murmurs, almost shyly. It was nice. Hours had gone by of them relaxing by the waters and rolling in the field. He had only ever before had spent this much time with his parents or siblings. 

A day well spent, the tiredness of it began to show in his eyes now. But he wouldn't leave, not unless Ajei was ready first.
Moonspear
Villager
459 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Though Ajei liked Moonwoman, she hadn't met sunman yet, she just seen him from afar. She probably wouldn't like anyone to mistake her for their children. Only because she loved her own mama and pop so much. They filled her heart so big.

Ajei smiled up at him, with eyes turning green blazing. Yes. She nodded. They had fun. She looked to the sky, it was starting to darken at the edges and the sun was no longer right in the sky. So she stood and shook her fur.

I better go home, it be dark soon and mama don't like it when we out after darkness. I walk you home?
Moonspear
Villager
147 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ajei spoke of returning to the dens for the remainder of the day and Arrluk agreed, nodding and lifting himself up off the ground. Yeah, your probably right. He knew the same would go for his own parents. He would need to tell his family of his good day he spent, too. 

Arrluk easily following into a place at Ajei's flank and walked along with her to the dens where they would part ways until next time.